1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Discussion in 'Serious' started by sam.g.taylor, 11 Mar 2008.

1. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Linky

I'm too angry at these stupid Representatives to say anything, really... how dumb do these people have to be to get elected?

*$&#ing %*^(* #^%@it.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2008
  2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Well, you have to be elsected by people who have nothing better to do on a Tuesday in November than stand in line to vote for you.

Bottom line, he's pandering to the soccer moms who are worried that little timmy will get beat up on the interwebs. Scary part is, it might work.

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Great idea. You can do it at the same time as you gas the jews and wage war upon western europe!

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Oh, and maybe we can also throw in Credit Card information, social security, and insurance policies while we're at it I mean hell, putting your address is already practically giving the rest away

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Time for bit to move the servers along with slashdot myspace facebook.....

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

now we know what happens when you eat too much KFC, you go crazy.

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Great idea, it will be an invaluable weapon in the War on Terrorâ„¢ (along with waterboarding), track down paedophiles, illegal immigrants, and expose liberal treehuggers for the commie sympathizers they are. Remember the Alamo, let's bomb Mexico. :rock:

8. naokaji

naokaji whatever

the whole thing is stupid, since they can allready force websites / forums / isp's to give out the data about who posted something in case its against the law, i.e. if bin laden would have posted on 25th august 2001 what will happen on 11th september 2001 the authorities could have gotten the info on who posted it.

9. Altron

Altron Minimodder

And who exactly is going to verify that the information is true?

I don't see how there would be any obstacles to someone registering with a completely bogus name and address, unless SSN is used as well, and that's a pretty big breach of security.

Also, this yokel is a representative in Kentucky's legislature, not the US House of Reps. In other words, his opinion doesn't mean ****.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if this is approved then i will say for sure, you guys have lost your minds.....

11. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

luckily that will be eliminated .. instead people will go to the address he gave to do it properly!

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not likely, given how many times this kind of thing has come up and then been shot down. And considering how many hosting companies there are in Kentucky, I don't see it being an issue even if it went through.

Still, it's for this kind of reason that I'm not logging IPs in the first place in any web app I've written.