1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Killzone 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 3 Nov 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I always get Resistance and Killzone mixed up too. Same bloody game everywhere these days.

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

actually that's only one section of the game, you can look forward to an arctic area and a jungle area as well as the normal brown-ish wasteland.

3. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

killzone 2 had pretty good AI, enemies used cover properly almost all the time in my experience, chucked nades, covered each other, ran from most explosives, certain enemies with close range weapons made it a point to not sit 100 yards away and pepper you with machine gun fire and tried to advance in a military fashion [didn't always make it though :)]

also this game had AI bots in multi-player if you didn't feel like playing online, they didn't act the same as they did in single-player since their weapons, classes and objectives were different.

overall i wouldn't praise the AI as being excellent but it doesn't fall victim to many of the faults other games have with their AIs, i recently played through metro 2033 for the second time and it's amazing how stupid the AI of the humans is in that game

4. REMF

REMF What's a Dremel?

ah, Resistance, that's what i was mixing killzone with, apologies.

5. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

I have no idea why halo and gears get so much hype (MS money i guess), yet Killzone is a much more sophisticated shooter then either. Resistance is very underrated as well, 3 looks great. Resistance has the best weapons.

6. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

SPOILERS!!!!!

7. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

hahaha yea, I mean, if you haven't played killzone 2 yea, that's a spoiler. I figured the game has been out long enough it wouldn't have mattered to talk about it

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Meh I know what happens anyway even tho I haven't quite finished it myself. (My brother finished my saved game for me >.>) Unfortunatly my PC game collection got in the way lol

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

looking forward to it too.

Particularly thought the idea of using Sixaxis for stabilization and accuracy of the sniper scope a superb idea, it was really well implemented very easy to control, perhaps the only time I found the Sixaxis adding a benefit to a game that really improved your gameplay experience.

Criminally I got all the way to the last boss guy and gave up as it was a bit hard :rolleyes: though I did play through the game on the hardest setting, wonder if I can knock it down to complete it, hung on to the game as it was always my intention to finish it......one day I will !!! ... maybe. :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags