1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Even better when it's a Titan X :D

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

This week I mainly bought a Razer Blade because I was impatient waiting for razer to issue me store credit for my razer blade stealth so in 2 weeks I'll have 2 Razer blades lol oh dear oh dear haha.

[​IMG]
    For reference :)

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

:duh:

iPad 3 32Gb cellular/WiFi from work £130 refurbed

[​IMG]

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Heinnie Haynes edition Boker Plus Tech Tool 1:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lovely little knife for a mere £19.95. I ordered it at lunchtime on Friday and it arrived before lunch time on Saturday. And that's mainland to NI. HH are simply the best! :thumb:

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've been pondering on either this or an XPS15, be sure to update with what you think of it :thumb:

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Very nice, I've got the Tech Tool 3 and the blade's great but the rest of the tools are lagging behind Victorinox; not by a lot, but enough.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Tabletop Simulator - half price (£7.49) at Humble store.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nice - just picked one up myself, for when I can't be carrying the Leatherman Crater C33. Thanks for the tip!

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Will do :), if the blade stealth is anything to go by the build quality will be rock solid with excellent fit an finish think black macbook its that good & this one has the added GTX1060 :).

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I carry a Leatherman Charge Titanium almost 24/7/365, but also like to have just a slip joint knife on me a lot of the time as well. Most of my UK legal knives (mainly Spyderco) are fine for day to day use at work, but if I'm out anywhere, a FFG Spyderco Urban or drop point UKPK can still look a bit menacing and startle people, so the nice red scales and shallower blade of the Boker adds a friendlier knife to my EDC choices for times that I might be using it in a social environment instead of a work site.

No worries, I thought at least one person here would grab one! :thumb:

You won't be disappointed, with change out of £20 you really can't go wrong. I own knives from Spyderco, Benchmade and Ka-Bar to name but a few which are more than 10x more expensive than this, and I'm 100% happy with it!

11. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Have you seen this MOC? :eeek:

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh.my.god. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Turned up Yesterday, Installed everything back onto from my old one, initial thoughts on this one where exactly the same as the stealth, fit and finish of the laptop is just perfect I do compare it to my MBP and they are both built equally as solid, the keyboard on the Razer is a little nicer to use bit more crispy click rather then soft click on the MBP, the light up keyboard will keep you amused for ages I'm still playing with all the effects (not having owned an individually light key keyboard before), track pad on it is nice and large lots of real-estate to move I'm not sold on the 2 click keys though I'm so used to just double clicking and using 2 fingers for right click that having to move my thumb to click is still alien but I'm sure its fine in the end at least they make a nice satisfying click.

Speed and power on this thing though is the real reason I bought it and its got it by the bucket load, the stealth struggled with running event he most simple cad program like Radan which by no means is fancy or 3D or anything and it was jerky and slow, this thing is running Radan, Solidworks, Solid Edge and Fusion 360 all at the same time all with quite large models running which is pretty amazing in my book & exactly what I wanted it to do I've not tested any games on it yet as it is technically my work laptop so have avoided installing any but its running so fast I might have to give it a go and stretch out the 1060 inside :).

Am now waiting for my refund on the Stealth so I can order another one although its so tempting after getting this to get the Pro but its another £1500 ontop which is a little bit crazy.

14. Mister_Tad

Thanks for the update.

How about noise? I don't doubt it's a bit noisy when running at full pelt, but noise under casual use is probably more interesting.

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

At the moment I'm posting this reply and in the background have a few programs chugging away and the fans aren't spinning laptop is about 2ft away on a stand to the left of my monitor and I can't hear it, I'm not in a dead quiet office mind I'm at the edge of the factory but my old computer which had fan on the cpu and in the PSU I could hear that all day long churning away, If I put my ear to the shell you can just about hear the fans spinning what must be super slowly , if i charm up a few graphics programs you can then hear the fans more but I've not had this running at full load yet so they may turn out to be whining jet engines, not having bench marked a computer in probably a decade whats a good program to run?

16. Mister_Tad

I've not benched anything in forever either.

Would you mind running up something that's CPU heavy but doesn't touch the GPU? This is under consideration for me as a slim-ish package with a quad, less so for the graphics.

It looks like Prime95 is still a thing.

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Ran Prime95 for around 10mins now (its still running) and the chassi is a little toasty to the touch :) the fans are running at what I hope is full tilt because you can hear them they don't whine & there not overly loud I tried to take a video but my phone picks up all the factory noise and it makes it sound worse then it is, you can hear it but its not annoying sounds very similar to my macbook in terms of noise levels maybe slightly louder, I'll run it when I get home and see if I can get a better audio capture.

18. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

19. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

The camera bargain I mentioned in the "what makes your life awesome" thread: someone decided to sell their old Rollei gear apparently.
    [​IMG]
    Rolleiflex SL35M (with Planar 50mm f/1.8) + Rollei 35 + Rolleiflex Old Standard + Bags,flashes,filters,tripod,...
    - Rolleiflex SL35M: I have the original receipt and this camera plus lens combo used to cost what is now about €1000, which shocked me because it feels really cheap and plasticy, and apparently they're mechanically unreliable too - I guess you only got it for the Carl Zeiss lenses. In any case I'll be selling this one immediately.
    Remarkably nice, bright finder though, considering the cheap-ness of the rest of the body.

- Rollei 35: Was very pleased to find out it's one of the rarer original ones still made in Germany. What a fun, quirky camera! Haven't gotten any film developed yet but it really is a joy to shoot.
    Had a small mechanical problem with the film winding gear but I fixed it. Looks almost like new.

- Rolleiflex Old Standard Model 622: my favorite of the bunch. From around 1937-9; one of the two cameras Robert Capa took with him on the beaches of Normandy in WW2. Pretty amazing to see it still works perfectly fine today. Its 1s shutter speed is more accurate than a bunch of cameras I have that are decades younger!
    Required a lot of cleaning but now it looks gorgeous IMO.

[​IMG]

... But actually, the biggest bargain of all was this; on its own worth a few times what I paid for the lot:
    [​IMG]
    Carl Zeiss Planar HFT 85mm f/1.4
    Here mounted on a Zhongyi Lens Turbo adapter to make a ridiculous 85mm f/1.2 in 35mm terms.
    At f/1.4 I wouldn't call it clinically sharp but it's definitely usable. The sharpness wide open at infinity is pretty remarkable even - you'd think these would be mainly optimized for portrait distance.
    It also has an amazing 6-bladed triangular diafragm:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Jan 2017
  20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Epson WF-2750

£100 down to £60, and then £10 off on the Amazon Friday deal.