1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Too much stuff to list directly, but basically a boatload of stuff for the place I'm moving into in a few weeks

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Did you actually find a place yet or just getting the kit ready?
    John

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Are the roads honestly that bad Scirocco? Don't take it the wrong way, but that looks bloody awful...

4. DougEdey

Found a place, need to sort out the third person though, he doesn't want to live in in Southampton because he wants to use public transport to get to work, even though that's what I'll be doing, the housemate who's definately moving in has a car and he's more then willing to give us lifts to work. I'll probably be cycling to work ~7 miles by bike which would be fine for me.

It's a nice little place, garden, allocated parking, big parks nearby, good access to different areas, night life, etc...

Moving in 4 weeks :), all beginning to pick up pace!

5. jhanlon303

Yes, Colorado roads are that bad. I'll post a pic of a random car in the mall parking lot to see why we protect the fronts. Also the wind and the dry desert like sandy/rocky soil outside of town can strip the paint off a car, much like sandblasting. I have a friend who lost the paint on the driver's side and etched the windows so bad in a sandstorm that it totally had to be repainted.
    The city of Boulder has a new building ordinance that any new construction must be able to withstand 80mph winds.
    John

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Bloody hell, that sounds awful. Why are they so bad?

7. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

No more heroes £20
    Table Tennis £15
    Guilty Gear Core £5

8. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Bought a new desk chair to replace the totally knackered one that I previously had which went flat on the actual seat so I was essentially sitting directly on the Ply wood which was used as the base.
    Now I have a nice leather faced operators chair. So much better having adjustable arms, back and tilt rather than just height and tilt.

I also bought a 3.5mm -> 3.5mm cable so I can use the BOSE sound dock that we have as a set of speakers for my PC with the AUX in.

9. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

A) This is a semi-arid climate. Yes, we get rain, but it dries up a short bit after it falls. In fact there's a very common weather phenomenon here called virga. You can see the rain falling from the clouds, but it evaporates before ever hitting the ground.

B) We have 300 plus days of sunshine here. That is very pleasant, but also dries things out.

C) Our top soil is somewhat sandy and has a more clay base as opposed to a loamy, more organic mixture.

D) Better part of the state is at an altitude of 5280 feet above sea level, and much is in fact higher. You'd be amazed how often that old jet stream will swing on through with gusts 50 mph plus and occasionally more. It is very rare for it to be dead calm.

What this all makes for is a lot of dust and small, rocky debris that is easily kicked up by passing vehicles. It isn't usually so bad in the city, but you can definitely hit patches. Windshields especially are prone to getting pock-marked. John and I won't even get into the hazards of hail damage during the summer months... ;P

The upside of all this is we have little to no rust!

Anyway, that is why I'm taking this inexpensive route to protect the front end on my pending trip and others we'll be taking.

10. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

a 9800gtx xt for a very good deal at £125

and 2 chicken salad sandwiches

11. jhanlon303

Couple new pairs of black Levi jeans, 10 pack of socks and several t-shirts. Boring but needed wardrobe additions.
    John

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Just bought:
    Railway Modeller Back Issue
    Sept 2007
    Oct 2007
    Nov 2007
    Dec 2007
    Peco Catalogue.

Keep me ocupied for about 20mins i think.

Sam

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Phenom X4 9950 Black Edtion, Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DQ6 790FX.

And a case of *****. I need to decorate the office.

14. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Fresh Tomatoes for my Salad ( lunch, yummy :))

15. DougEdey

Say what now?

16. jhanlon303

Remind me NOT to Google that at work, whatever it is! :jawdrop:

John

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Where do you work???? :hehe:

18. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

What colour is the office going to be? :p
    (No, I don't feel the answer needs saying, it should be obvious if you are twisted enough)

19. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

28" Hanns-G monitor. Should arrive tommorow :)

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

EVGA GeForce 9800GX2 - got an offer I couldn't refuse (Yeah, I've also recently bought a new 8800GTS 640Mb with the plan to go SLI, but I'm guessing my fiancee will inherit those).

6-pin to 8-pin PCI express 2.0 adapter (I think there's a 6+2 pin lead on my PSU [OCZ GameXstream 700W] but I keep seeing conflicting reports, and I am unable to check since I'm at work currently).

4x 2U copper Intel heatsinks (these will be made into what will hopefully be a decent waterchiller cooled by peltiers).

Spare parts for my Aqua Medic Ocenarunner 3500 waterpump (new rotor, new impeller, new gaskets and o-rings, new plumbing parts and a new lid for the pump house).

0.7l Smirnoff triple distilled apple vodka (recommended, very fruity and quite refreshing in a chilled drink on a hot summer evening).
    0.7l Absolut Citrus Vodka (the classic).
    3l Dragõn red wine (it's surprisingly decent, and was originally bought just because of the label).
    10 bottles Singha beer (recommended).