Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ugggh.

Will update with a price on car parts and labour when the mechanic says what's wrong with the car (it's not just a dead battery from three weeks of non-use).

Ugggh.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Lots of fencing, paint and probably some physiotherapy in the future.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I bought a thing

[​IMG]

4. adidan

I'll try and remember to quote this when I do the same.

In about 1 or 2 years :lol:

perplekks45 likes this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It'll probably take me that long to get it running via Proton.

6. adidan

:lol:

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

11700KF for £140.

which is the same I paid for the 11400F about 6 months ago. More cores and a huge clocks boost, and my Tachyon can now stretch its VRMs.

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Very nice, currently trying to justify not yet buying either part or a whole new fence as the post/section is only leaning/slightly rotten vs completely fallen over

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a much needed new wallet

Ridge Titanium Gunmetal

[​IMG]

IanW and VictorianBloke like this.
  10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Went with concrete posts as this is our forever home so wont need to replace them ever.

GeorgeStorm likes this.
  11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Until the steel reinforcing inside rusts, expands and cracks/breaks the post.

#guesshowiknow #ineedanewfence

12. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

yeah, maybe some hyperbole on my part. Should certainly outlast several sets of timber posts.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah only been here a bit under 2 years, and the post was leaning a bit when I bought the place but it has got worse recently after a gardener decided to create a back gate by removing some of the slats to get easier access to the garden.....

Definitely not our forever home so part of me wants to say just risk doing it myself (although it's onto a public path vs a neighbour so not that keen) or just get the minumum done to save money vs redoing the whole fence which would be better obviously but cost more and we won't be around to enjoy it :D

Goatee likes this.
  14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Reading up on the subject, it runs fine under Proton when using an AMD GPU.
    Nvidia requires either downgrading the driver (and getting glitches) or a whole new Linux driver to specifically support it (which Nvidia will take their time doing, Cyberpunk has been broken for months!)

adidan likes this.
  15. adidan

Do you find Proton a good playing experience mate? I presume it's better with games that have been out a while.

You ever used any games that use nexusmods and vortex? Not looked into it but wonder if it plays with Linux well.

keef247 likes this.
  16. keef247

keef247 Modder

I use win10 for SP games and then I play all my MP online in Mint via steam, either native or with Proton, haven't had a problem with my 4070, whether that'll differ for brand new SP games on brand new hardware like mine I don't know... As obviously MP will be frequently patched/updated to keep people constantly filling the lobbies.

Played a fair bit of Halo Infinite and Quake Champions recently on mint via proton and it's rock solid, I know QC is old but Halo isn't 'that' old, but obviously not brand new. But yeah, pretty seamless/impressive! I don't seem to have any trouble maxing out the settings I'd get in windows fps wise/res either in Mint...

I was pretty impressed though that mint already had multiple driver updates for my card shortly after it's release/me installing Mint/the gpu...

It was weird my RX580 8gb wouldn't play ball whatsoever once I chose the amd driver vs the stuttering glitchy mess stock driver then proceeded to black screen after installing once I'd logged in :hehe: I would of thought being years old that'd work out the box/the supported driver would be flawless like it is on Xubuntu (yet not on Lubuntu same issue, go figure!) Yet my ancient GTX 660 2GB off Spanky works fine on mint and all the distros:oldconfused:

Oh and FYI with Starfield, Native ultra 1440p I get 57-62fps, and with the Nexusmods DLSS2 93-110 fps! Depending on area!

I'm definitely going to get the dlss3.0 update for it when PureDark releases it, having messed around with it just out of curiosity, in well implemented dlss3.0 based games it is VERY hard to tell - I never thought I'd say that having played with FSR which is shockingly bad, and was never bothered either way, but it's a bonus for futureproofing.

Interestingly Starfield uses like 3gb more vram than mine on my mates 6800xt at the same res/settings, as with literally any games we've tested be it resi4/tlou etc etc...

I dunno if this is cause AMD cards tend to just use more cause it's there allocation wise, or being that most games are Nvidia biased they're not as well optimized for AMD?
    Either way neither cards seem to either max their vram or even come close, so doesn't make a lot of sense, even in 4k native my usage isn't far off that in 1440p native...

Who knows, weird that an AMD game like Starfield does this though?
    Everyone is reporting their fps is actually better with FSR off currently in Starfield which is weird... Not that, that effects me :hehe: but worth mentioning for those with AMD having issues as others have pointed out elsewhere.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2023
    adidan and IanW like this.
  17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Steam/Proton usually works great. Never got around to game modding.

keef247 and adidan like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Couple of model kits:-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I may have a go at putting a smol screen & RasPi in the commlock.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nikon FTZ ii Adapter
    2TB Crucial P3 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Book3 360 5G

The slow prep to Iceland is underway :thumb:

Sam

IanW, adidan and Arboreal like this.
  20. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Gran Turismo 7 - trying to get myself well enough to have a go on this.
    A couple of Anker 67w usb-c chargers for me and the mrs MBA's that were on offer in the rainforest, mainly as either is left either upstairs or downstairs. Lazy perhaps, but there's two flights of stairs and we're not getting any younger.
    Cleaning sachets for work - some laptops I've had to have a look at recently look like they've had a previous life in a salt mine or something.
    Some BO basher - something to do with the effect of a wild cat or something, I don't know.