Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Finally managed to book & pay for a spot on a BikeSafe course. Waited months for a spot to open up, so I jumped on it as soon as the email came through.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

New dual 21700 mod. One of the magnets has fallen out of mine and it keeps coming apart in my hands. Don't have the time to pee with it for now.

[​IMG]

Two sets of these.

[​IMG]

And two of these for the bike tools in the loft. All of the small annoying ones like chain link breakers, freewheel removers, crank installers and etc that I have to keep sodding moving around when I work up there.

[​IMG]

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hope you enjoy it, I didn't find it that informative as I'd already read various roadcraft material etc. Never hurts to give it a go mind!

Byron C likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Probably looking to do an ERS course later this year, so wouldn't hurt to brush up a bit beforehand :)

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I got dragged out onto jobs with my dad many times to do this. We always used a normal garden hose and a rubber mallet. Set it with the inlets at the top so it fills up, get a flow of water going through it then go up and down thwacking it with the mallet. It doesn't need to be hit very hard, but there's always sediment and little bits of loose metal in radiators. The amount of shite that used to come out of them was impressive, one we did about 1/3rd of the radiator's weight was black gunk. It heated up much more quickly after that.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2024
    IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Whoops:

upload_2024-2-16_13-44-41.png

7,000 lumen flood, because that's an entirely sensible number of lumens, and 900 lumen spot with a claimed 600m throw. And, for Reasons, red, green, and blue modes, because why not?

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I just bought a Noctua NH-D15 on ebay, and it's coming from the IOW. @David is that you? :hehe:

b1g-d0g likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You never know when you may need those modes

[​IMG]

Pete J, Arboreal, IanW and 2 others like this.
  9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nice, I do like the Olight stuff, but mainly from a variation on a theme sort of thing. My wife loves the little i3 and i5 AAA and AA lights and has been collecting a lot of the different variations on those. She has been getting VERY lucky on some of the prices from FB groups and even eBay.

I am a big fan of Sofirn for more of a user light and have been carrying one of the SC31 Pro models for a while over the winter and it has been awesome. That is a single 18650 light that puts out 2000lm on max setting. I also have the SP36 pro which has the same emitter as the 31, but 4 of them and runs on 3 x 18650 cells for 8000lm. I have been hanging my nose over their equivalent to that Olight, the IF30:

[​IMG]

Which is a great big chunk of ridiculous silliness at 12000lm max output... I mean I have no need for it, the SP36 will already light up the street, but.... yeah, you know...

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

GIFs you can hear!

My daily carry is a Nitecore EDC27, which I backed on Kickstarter:

[​IMG]

I like it 'cos I use a carry pouch thing with a little elasticated organiser inside, and the flat shape of the EDC27 works better than a rounded torch. 3,000 lumens in turbo mode (for, y'know, a minute or so, until it drops down to 1,000 lumen standard mode).

You have to remember to switch it into "LOCK 2" mode, though, 'cos in "LOCK 1" mode the turbo button still works... and it'll set fire to your pocket quite happily!

IanW likes this.
  11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

May as well jump in on the torch pr0n... my go-to is the Olight S2R Baton II, which I've had for a couple of years now and I think I've charged it three or four times. It's an incredible little torch and it's used virtually daily at this time of year.

[​IMG]

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Still loving my orange Olight Arkfeld

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

WTF is a "tactical button" on a torch? :D

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

This one has been my best Olight purchase so far. Normally I just go for plain black, but this green and gold on the Baton 4 in the Winter sale was just so nice:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Feb 2024
    LennyRhys likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

It's what you get when you fit a tactile button but don't hire a native English speaker to write your marketing copy.

IanW, perplekks45, Byron C and 4 others like this.
  16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wtf would I do with a heatsink that won't fit in any of my SFF cases? Sell it on ebay, I suppose... but sad to say, not guilty, your honour.

LennyRhys likes this.
  17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Rad nail clippers bro!

David, LennyRhys, perplekks45 and 3 others like this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ticket for Skynet Wales (LAN party).

Haven't done that kind of thing in nigh on 20 years, and I don't think I've ever done a "properly organised" event. Bugger that "sleeping on a camp bed" business though; I'm too old for that rubbish, I'm damn well booking a local hotel.

Planning to try and get away with taking just the Steam Deck and a portable monitor (and maybe the MiSTer for some downtime). Need to do some more benchmarking with it.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

And bought....

Begone shiny white bane of my life that hides beneath my TV like a spot ready to burst

b1g-d0g, Byron C and IanW like this.
  20. Gareth Halfacree

Whee!

torch.jpg

Weekly_Estimate, IanW, Pete J and 6 others like this.