1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

It looks good, very well done! About this time last year, I helped redecorate my father-in-law's office and we used the click together boards on the ceiling. What an absolute pain in the arse job that was. It looks great though.

2. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

MGS iphone case.
    :):):):)

3. el2k

el2k Modder

A skydive :thumb:

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Fractal Design Define Mini, lightly used for £34.99 + £12.49 postage :D

Couldn't say no to that bargain so looks like my NZXT H2 will be up for sale then- planning to mod the Mini quite heavily too so project/ planning log will be up in the near future. Can't wait!

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Last edited: 18 Nov 2011
  6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Technically my latest purchase is Windows 7 HP Retail, but it's for my dad.

I bought a second Palit GTX460 Sonic 1GB so will hopefully have some fun with SLI at the start of next week. :thumb:

7. alastor

alastor Minimodder

After 2 years my Turtle Beach XLCs have fallen apart at one ear, so I had to get a replacement. £20 GAME gift card got me a set of Gioteck EX-05 for £11 cash, which are...pretty disappointing. Compared to the passive XLCs the voice chat is much better, but the game sound is fairly thin and the headband is uncomfortable after an hour or so. Should have gone for the TB XL1 :(

[​IMG]

8. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I'd like to see how you managed that considering GAME have them RRP at a minimum of 60 quid a pop, unless you had staff discount or something similar

Not being facetious, genuinely interested how you got it for that price...

On Topic!

Latest Purchases includes the following :

Paint Station + technically out tomorrow, but I advance ordered one.

Warriors of Chaos Batallion

New tub o' sand

Aaaaaand a Stormlord type thing...

Last edited: 19 Nov 2011
  9. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

wait wait wait... 5 quid for SAND?
    Did you forget to go outside in the past few years?

Just take some from random kids playground and sift it :p

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

To celebrate a new job starting in January (and the fact that my current phone is the biggest pile of poo I have ever used):

[​IMG]

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

That looks nice!

12. alastor

alastor Minimodder

At the store in The Mall Cribbs Causeway they were indeed priced up at £59.99, or £29.99 when bought with MW3. However, there was a mini box thing (without the headset in) on a shelf that said £29.99 when bought with anything, so I grabbed the most managerial looking bloke and asked which offer it actually was. He said £30 w/anything, so I rummaged around the pre-owned 360 games, found a copy of FIFA09 for 99p; sorted. The cashier did insist on checking with the manager but it went through fine.

£29.99 for the headset, 99p for the game - £20 gift card, £10.98 cash :D

Left them to burn in for a few hours yesterday and they sounded a bit better, although I was playing Gears 3 for the first time with them so it might have just been different.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2011
  13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Nice;), but a bit of a side grade from a 990X, although the extra 8x lanes may be more beneficial to me, with my TRI 580's.
    I'm looking at SR3, but I'm now debating whether its really going to give me much more, than what I have now. An extra 5FPS is not really worth a 3K investment.
    I may hold off till IB-E and see what comes of that. But then I do have money burning a hole in my pocket, and may have to give into temptation...

14. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

@Alastor - let me know how they sound when they've been broken in - really interested in one of those, since me GameCom 777 started acting up - is that useable on PC's as well, or is it just 360?

15. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Build underway as I type this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Nice upgrades, but will have to make do with my AM3 kit for a little longer yet.

17. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Obscene! :clap: :p

Let us know what the performance difference feels like! :)

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Nice buy Pook :thumb: I really want to upgrade my main desktop from the S1366 i7 to a S2011 chip, but I won't be upgrading any of my PC gear until at least the middle of next year. Project GT4 is where most of my disposable income will be spent for the better part of next year :)

Bought a large (20oz :p) hazelnut cappuccino and a danish cinnamon whirl pastry thingy, and one train ticket. At 7:30 this morning... Early breakfast whilst I wait for the train. Zero point in driving the car to Belfast this morning, the work I'm going to do only requires my laptop, me and the small site toolkit that I have in my pack. Were diesel prices not so high, secure parking in the city centre so expensive and traffic on the M1 so horrendously bad, it would be a different story.

I enjoyed my one hour snooze in a comfy train seat this morning! Forgot how hassle-free train travel can be compared to driving everywhere :)

19. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Traffic in belfast is atrocious :( I've no option but going threw the city centre to get to my job so I know how you feel.

My Latest purchaes,
    new car battery,
    new xfx 850W psu, lovely quiet thing :D

20. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

OMG this thing is amazing! Don't know why I didn't get one earlier! Kicks the ass of my 4D Maglight! :rock: