1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look out! Here comes Isabel... :(

Discussion in 'General' started by Dad, 15 Sep 2003.

1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Well, this really sucks for Dad and family...

[​IMG]

Can anyone say Category 4 hurricane steaming straight towords Dad's house? :grr: She's packing a 150mph (241kph for the metric people) wind punch... Guess I'm going to have to batten down the hatches this week.

Rest of article

Last edited: 15 Sep 2003
  2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

eek.

Let's hope she calms before she reaches you. :(

3. Ryuujin

Ryuujin What's a Dremel?

Hopefully it won't do alot of damage here in maryland, i rather not have my house damaged or flooding occur, especially with my new computer :blah: , although for my school all bets are off :D

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

where i live there is wind about 350 days a year i'm sure... (not strong winds in the summer though) So i know that heavy wind DO do some serious damage.... especially if you are unprepaired....

had a storm i thing it reached about 200 km/h... at that time vi lived on wery open terrain... It took alot of rooftiles and ou'r chimney... but the house was ok though... some older houses wasn't that lucky though...

stay away from the windows and i'm sure you'll be just fine...

5. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

Category 4 hurricane steaming straight towords Dad's house

I can say it :clap: :D

That sounds damn nasty... Run for the hills

6. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Everybody here was freaking out about this thing all weekend. Since no one could say with any degree of certainty where she was headed. Wal-mart was sold out of D batteries (all brands), almost every flashlight, bottled water, and most of the duct tape. And that was on Saturday morning. On the news they said that people were buying all of the plywood at Home Depot and Lowes too.

But hopefully, she's gonna miss us now. Dad....I hope she turns out to sea like Fabian did. If not...tie down everything ya got. I hope she misses everyone.

7. penski

penski BodMod

Good luck, dudes.

*n

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Batten down the hatches and hold onto yer butts! Hope you guys are ok; i'm sure you will be so far away from the coast; it'll probably mellow out a little soon enough... :thumb:

9. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Yea, this whole thing sucks. There was an email that was sent out about 2 hours ago from Safety & Security here (the "cops" that work here - I work at a hospital) about it. They're asking for volunteers to work "disaster recovery" if the worst happens. Sorry! I don't like blood! Besides, Dad has already cleared taking Friday off to be home with the kids ;)

10. squirrelly

squirrelly Running with scissors

Down here by me, Deltona, nobody seemed to give a crap the hurricane is out there. We all freaked out when Floyd passed by. The weather guessers had us all worried down here and they proved to be wrong. Now everyone just ignores the forecasts for the most part and figures we won't get hit.

Dad....hopefully this thing will lose a lot of its power by the time it gets into NY and all you get is some rain.

11. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

This makes me happy i Live in Arizona. Worse thingy we have is dust storms (some as fast as 60mph! :lol: ) Seriously that sucks Dad. Hope the best for you and ya family! :thumb:

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The problem (or at least it appears this way) is that many yank homes are simply made from wood with a brick-foundation; whereas english homes are made from solid brick. Other than ripping off a few rooftiles and smashing windows, even a big hurricane wouldn't do much structural damage i'd imagine...

13. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Just remember - once you've landed, click your heels together and chant "There's no place like home, There's no place like home". You do own a pair of ruby slippers, don't you? ;)

Seriously - Keep safe and batten down the hatches mate. Hopefully it'll lose some of it's power as it come overland.

14. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

I might catch the edge of it.... that'll suck.... hopefully it won't get too nasty out my way or I'll have to find somewhere to garage my car for an evening here in Woostah

15. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Hahahaha! Yea, keep an eye up in the air late Friday ... I may be landing in your back yard! Just have a pint of Guiness ready for me! :D

16. [S]huttle

[S]huttle What's a Dremel?

Yeah that's a bad hurricane. I've been watching the weather all week last week wondering if it was gonna hit the southeast of the US, I live in Florida about 2 blocks from the ocean. We've already got 10 foot waves from the hurricane and they said it could reach up to 15 foot by the middle of the week. They have closed the driving out on the beach because of the erosion from the storm.

Once the hurricane hits land it's gonna lose alot of it's punch, but still will be a bad storm.

Hope everyone who lives in the northeast of the US stays safe. I remember 11 years ago when hurricane Andrew hit south florida I was about a 2 hours drive from where it hit and we got alot of wind. I went to south florida 1 year later after Andrew and there were still stuff in the palm trees. These storms are nothing to be playing around with.

17. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

Indeed.
    Some storms have an energy comparable to nuclear weapons :worried: :worried:
    Sit tight m8s ! Good luck!

18. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

I'm in baltimore, Maryland..so I'll get it before you, dad.

19. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Gimme a call when it's over so I know what to expect ;)

20. Foolio882

Foolio882 What's a Dremel?

Well, I think I lose :(

[​IMG]