1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Luxuria redefined (CMWS20ISH)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by idpcmods, 18 Apr 2020.

1. ciaognep

ciaognep Minimodder

bravo!!:thumb::thumb:

idpcmods likes this.
  2. idpcmods

idpcmods Minimodder

ok so been a bit delayed in updates, 2 reasons. primary reason is global postage being on its ear. second is i was waiting to make something official.

without further ado i would like to welcome our First sponsor for the build:

[​IMG]

Team Aorus sent us some Beautiful hardware in the shape of the X570 Aorus Ultra and the RTX 2080S Aorus

[​IMG]

i picked up some ram from the good lads at Scorptec while the board and gpu was on the way to me

[​IMG]

have a 3700x on the way also (postage on this is looking better than parts i ordered back in april :rollingeyes:)

as far as the actual desk goes i havent really done much other than cover the 2 side panels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the reason for this is im waiting on the cable passthrough to arrive (ordered april 3rd apparently arriving in the next 3 days)

then i can at least wrap the lid, and re fit to see how much i need to take off the front and back panel so it all sits flush. I'll then wrap both sides of the back piece leaving the mid deck to go as i cant do much there until the new radiator mounts show up. and also cut the exhaust vent holes.

so thats it from me for now. ill leave you with a quick photo of the gorgeous EK Vector block i'll be putting onto it. :winking:

[​IMG]

ivory2k19, The_Crapman and ciaognep like this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Love the frame on this. Difficult to get something new on desk builds like this, the angles you've got going are great.

idpcmods likes this.
  4. idpcmods

idpcmods Minimodder

It wasn't easy especially with virtually no appropriate tools and only a passing knowledge of welding :rollingeyes:

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I'd love to get into welding, but I'd probably burn my shed down :hehe:

6. idpcmods

idpcmods Minimodder

Note to self no close up pics :hehe:

The secret is a good angle grinder :hehe::hehe::lol:

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You mixed up that sentence. The secret is no close up pics. ;)

8. idpcmods

idpcmods Minimodder

Look you ain't wrong there but nah it wasn't too bad in the end most of the troublesome areas ended up filled due to the panels

9. idpcmods

idpcmods Minimodder

Ok so bit of an update as that pesky postie finally arrived with my cable passthrough!!!

[​IMG]

2 months waiting for this little bugger!!!!

So now i had the thing i could make the passthrough hole and route the rebate so it sat down.

[​IMG]

You can see where the next steps going with the vinyl backing in the pic.

[​IMG]

So after alot of gluing stretching swearing and staplling we ended up with this.

[​IMG]

Theres a few small creases showing and some areas that didnt strech out so well but i can iron them out later with a damp towel and iron as @crapman put it when he saw the pics on my facebook feed i made an ironing board with a pc in it :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Some more pics with it back on (no hinges)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was always going to sit proud of the top of the frame this was done so i knew what extra material i had to take off the front panel and rear.

So off they came and a few passes with the plane

[​IMG]

She now sitts alot better with a slight gap so when i cover the other parts they wont push it all back up.

Now the comment for the hinges earlier was because they frustrated me, the original ones i brought were 103 degrees aka should be plenty. I was wrong, because of the step lip on the back of the top panel (the bottom layer butts up to the back wall and the top layer covers it) the hinges would only open to about 50 degrees which made working inside horrid so i went and looked at a few different styles of cabinet hinge and realised that the 165 degree version actually lifts then tilts back. So picked up 2 sets as i really wanted to make sure the 1400mm top panel wasnt going to bow or sag anywhere near the screen. and reinstalled with the stays i picked up from work, i dont know what drugs the company was on that i got from ebay but the they definately werent 120mm - 230mm... So they are to the side and i may use on a future project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lid up and a small cameo from the fast growing pupper he cant sit up under the desk anymore. Otherwise he gets a headache.

Next part of the update was the waterblock arriving for the loop... of course it was going to be ek.

[​IMG]

now thats here and fitted i can get down to planning the interior alot better, going test fit board and gpu today to see how it interacts and sits under the cut out and decide if i need to redo it so the gpus more visibleas the aim is to hopefully show that aorus logo off so for now thats it.. more soonish

now back panels ready for wrap and i can start getting the interior more solidly layed out. then do the exhaust vents on the mid deck and then prep that to be wrapped also