1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Cheers :thumb:

Atm, I'm getting my B-Spec driver skill up.. by taking a 1156BHP Bugatti Veryron to the Sunday Cup....

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

:D

I used the Swarzachald (however you spell it) Liga A race with my chromeline R8 to level my second b-spec bob after about lvl 10 ish IIRC.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The 787B>Citroen Race Car.

Although they're in a different league pretty much, I took a spin in the 787B...MY GOD THAT CAR IS GOOD.

4. Kaiwan

Kaiwan Shinigami

I found the french championship to be the best for levelling your b-spec. Get him to 15-20 and he can do pretty much any race then.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

that wont cut it in the high up races, at lvl 20 my guys were still struggling to win nascar.

6. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

at lvl 0, the b-spec drivers really suck! told my guy to be a bit more aggresive as he sucked big time. the next couple of bends he crashed into the walls. after that i figured, screw b-spec, im going a-spec.
    question: do any of you guys sell your cars? i never sell any, don't see the reason. even when you're low lvl, yuo still raise enough cash to get that used car before it vanishes (six new cars after each track).

that trick with the license thing, does it give you a full list of new used cars?

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the trick to starting a new b-spec driver is to give him a motor thats more powerfully the nthe grid and simply leave him to it or tell him to cool off. a few races under his belt and he'll soon climb.

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

^This.

That's how I did it, couldn't get him to win with a car of similar level (looking at you Sunday Cup), so I gave him an 750BHP Gallardo and well.. Hasn't come any lower than first.

Oh, and where on earth do I find a pick up truck? Been searching for ages for one, just can't see it!

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i ended up borrowing one off sandys, i'll keep my eyes open on the used car lot (im after a pugeot 206) if i see one i'll pick it up for you.

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

I ended up with three pick ups, saw one in the used lot and bought it and then won two others, cant for the life of me remember where it was though

Id gift it to you only I dont have any internet at home at the moment

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I bought one in the online collectors cars that came in with one of the updates. The last test/race for the IA licence is infuriating but if you manage that, you get rewarded with a truck (I still haven't managed it).

My b-spec Bob won the Schwarzwald League A in the Extreme Series, with a kitted out BMW.
    Just got my hands on an R8 :eyebrow: - should be good!

Anyone know the list of vehicles which can be race modded?

12. The Janitor

The Janitor What's a Dremel?

This is all I managed to find when I had a look the other day:

Acura NSX RM '91
    Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
    Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
    Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
    Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
    Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
    Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
    Lexus IS F RM '07
    Lotus Elise RM '96
    Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05
    Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
    Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
    Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

bit disappointing really...

I've got the Lotus Elise 111R RM '04 and Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 so far which are pretty sweet.

Hopefully they will continue doing more seasonal events when the current ones end. They certainly provided a nice injection of cash and xp. So far have gold on all of them with the exception of 2 which I got silver on - really enjoyed them.

13. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

Why is the X1 challenge so difficult with a DS3 controller?! I'd really like to unlock the X1 so I can use it in the 1000 km of Suzuka (the car is SOOOO much faster than the Formula Gran Turismo)

Also, my Viper ACR can be in 1st place in the "Like the Wind" event before the end of the first lap :thumb:

EDIT: Forgot there were three races in this event, and I was talking about the first on the road course. The ACR is obliterated on INDY

Last edited: 6 Jan 2011
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'm trying to find a suitable motor to do the "like the wind" contest as well as the dream car, i did however do the Tokyo 264 of the dreamcar series in my Citroen GT Racecar, after 20 mins of racing i won by half a second, damn that was a fine drive :)

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I'm a few seconds away from 'golding' the full lap of the intermediate AMG challenge. That thing is freaking hard.

I am only level 15 since this is all I focus on

16. Twitcher2403

Twitcher2403 The Brand

Im shocked that so many people have progressed so far so quick. Im lvl 15 and im finding that I keep having to repeat races to earn cash for the next event. I can only dream of owning some of the cars you lot have.

The best I have atm is the Audi RS6 Avant '08. Thing is rapid :)

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Doing the special Events net an INCREDIBLE amount of experience. I have only re-done one or two races to tune my sexy green E-Type.

The Special events are also great for cash since the intermediate + are such great rewards.

Still trying to do the Toscana Touring challenge..Damn lambo has zero Grip. Lvl 15.

18. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Mazda Furai will be the car to win the Like The Wind-races.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just found these when looking for info on endurance racing.

300 Kilometres Grand Valley (Level 25)
    4 Hours Tsukuba (Level 26)
    200 Miles Laguna Seca (level 27)
    Indy 500 Miles (Level 28)
    1000 Kilometres Suzuka (Level 30)
    4 Hours Nurburgring (Level 32)
    9 Hours Tsukuba (Level 33)
    24 Hours Le Mans (Level 35)
    24 Hours Nurburgring (Level 40)

gonna need a wingman for some of these :(

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The 24 hrs races were okay on GT4 because you could race in B-spec and speed up time, so it ran overnight. The only problem was Circuit de la Sarthe, where the B-spec driver would insist on trying to drive through the barrier at the top of the straight. Once you'd done the 24hrs Nürburgring, where the prize was the F1 car, that could blitz all the other endurance races.

I imagine the Veyron, which you get from the lvl 15 race GT World Championship, should be good enough to win the endurance races.