1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays New Monitor Time! £400 budget

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bdigital, 19 Feb 2012.

1. Jose234

Jose234 What's a Dremel?

:clap: i'M AGREE WITH THIS! But its good if you overclocked first your V.C

2. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Well, the u27 is installed, up and running and ive even got a nice ambient back light for it.

Its a very nice monitor, but il be honest. It didnt blow me away. It looks nice, the bigger screen and higher res is obviosly a plus, but I cant say there was much wow factor for me. Colour wise I couldnt really see much difference!

Its a quality product, very sturdy, the menu is good and the buttons are good. The brightness is powerful. Overall im very happy, I paid £380 with 900 plus days left on warranty.

Dont get me wrong, its lovely and I dont think I could go back now! Its clear, sharp and bright. But just be warned that if you are expecting thr ips element of it to blow your socks off, save the planet and make the tea....it wont.

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

^ True, it doesn't but it beats having a monitor that colour shifts when you sit higher or lower in your chair ;)

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Has it not given you a bj yet? ;)

I knew I had gone OTT in describing it! Give it a few weeks... At first I was like meh its a bigger 2209 but it grew on me

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Its playing hard to get lol.

Nah its cool, I do really like it. Going to have to tone down my bf3 settings a tad though!

6. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

i wasnt blown away either. its a great monitor, great quality, but i dunno. i dont know what i was expecting lol

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

And that is with Adobe RGB color profile set on the monitor? on DVI or Display Port?
    Well dude, I don't know what to say. You can't go higher in term of consumer monitor. Next step is low-end professional monitors, and they will be most likely be lower than what you have now as professional grade monitor you have better warranty and after sale service, so it costs more to provide. So you are easily looking at nearly twice the price of the U2711 to get something better.

Of course, you can always get OLED monitor if you want even amazing blacks (pure black) and better colors:
    http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/cat-oledmonitors/product-BVME250/
    But, I think you would prefer to buy a nice car instead.

You know, this reminds me of when we upgraded to high-speed internet ages ago. We got it, and we were like "meh", it's a bit faster.. doesn't really justify the price. Then one day the service cuts due to a problem, and we go back to phone like 56K modem service (which the ISP provided as backup), and we were like "OMG it was THAT SLOW! Oh check the speed stats on the web browser, we are actually going faster than before, too, almost peeking 56K modem speed! Takes ages to download a page. How did we do it before?". I think it's that kind of reaction going on with you.

8. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

See you should have got the benq xl2420t, the colurs are ace, it has loads of adjustabilityits so so smooth and you gtx480 would beable to play everything for a while.

I sold my u2711 for the Benq and couldt go back to that fuzzy screen.....

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I'm on a GTX 460, and it actually is playable, elbeit on medium settings. Doesn't bother me at all tbh.

10. GoodBytes

You should have a Lada instead of your current car. The colurs are also ace, and also has loads of adjustabilityits, and your fuel would beable to move everywhere, for a while.

Sorry, I could not help myself. :p
    (just kidding! with you, goal was not to be offensive)

11. DIZZY DAZZLER 2010

DIZZY DAZZLER 2010 Tech nut!

Very true sir but i am in the fast lane doing 120 mph whilst you dell owners are chugging along at a measily 60 mph. Also i can see clearly through my windscreen without a fuzzy haze affecting my vision.

12. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

13. GoodBytes

He means non-glossy film. He prefers glossy.