1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other New Phone Please

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 1 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Bah, ignore...

2. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

What did you mean? What's your experience with the blackberry?

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I was going to comment on something waaay furthur back up the thread..

As for the Blackberry, I wouldn't know TBH, after 2 weeks O2 still haven't ported my number to the new sim, so Im using the old one...

GRR.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

O2 seem to be **** at ports. Couple of people I've met here are having trouble with that atm, since they just switched (Foolishly) to iPhones from other carriers.

5. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

I see, when you have the chance to work with the Blackberry please report back! :D

Edit: The guy above got me first, just to clarify I am talking to Mankz.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Aye! I've had this same problem before... I would swap network, but we get a good deal, and O2 is the only network that gets decent signal here...

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Gbak, I use my blackberry daily for calendar (albeit not tasks - as its a personal blackberry and all the tasks I'd need to add are corporate, that stays in Outlook) and it works very well.

The blackberries are designed first and foremost to integrate with Exchange or Lotus Domino for Calendar, Tasks and Emails, so when you remove the corporate integration and use it as a personal device, its still just as powerful, albeit without the backend wireless synchronisation to your inbox.

On a side note, the wireless synchronisation is terrifically useful. Pretty much all the content on your blackberry is wirelessly synched with your corporate email account, so if the blackberry dies, its only a few minutes before the replacement is up and running, contacts, calendar and all :D

If anyone does get a blackberry its well worth installing the blackberry desktop app off the CD (or the newest version off the website) and syncing it locally with a compatible mail app (there's a few, doesn't have to be Outlook) to backup contacts and such. It also makes migrating from an old phone easier. I moved from a nokia to my blackberry, so I sync'd my nokia with outlook contacts, then I sync'd my blackberry with it. Job done.