1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Nexxo no longer a mod?

Discussion in 'General' started by Burnout21, 26 Aug 2013.

1. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Ahh… thehippoz, dwarfer… memories…

That reminds me, has chap ever been banned?

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It was general constant nonsense from both of them, a lot of Dwarfer's being in serious. With both of them, a lot of replies just tended to end with "cool story bro".

I believe chap was banned after I ruined a thread arguing with him after he went back to posting those nasty videos. Although I don't entirely recall that being chap, chap made all the watercooling nonsense.

Ah, memories. :D

3. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

You have piqued my curiousity.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Ah dwarfer, the guy who wouldn't give up his bf3 username and when he finally did it was incredibly unremarkable.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Completely agree - I was typing a post out along these lines a few days ago, but got called to do some IRL work!

You guys are what makes this place special, and keeps the mods from having to do much with the established userbase. Most of our job on this side is renaming/tidying posts and threads, putting out occasional flame outbursts and generally enjoying your company. The flip side is our never-ending battle with the spam tides, that's most of the work (and it's really boring... :()

6. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I take it we are no further forward with the registration process. :(

Sorry dude.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

Hmm, didn't someone say a Captcha system had been implemented recently, or did that not work out?

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Unfortunately the system wasn't robust enough, Krikkit and the team have to manually vet several thousand new registrants daily.

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Who was the longest and the shortest reigning mods and how long did they reign for?

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not sure for longest but shortest IIRC Mankz wasn't mod for very long, I seem to recall it was only a few months

11. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah that one came out of nowhere! I just wanted a debate :grr:

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually I banned neither. I tried to reason with them, to no avail, and they skirted the envelope of what was acceptable for a long time. In the end it was yodasarmpit, I think, who had to do the inevitable.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Margon is a mod? Thats pretty awesome tbh.

Though spam bots are a pain. I setup a VB forum for the site I write for and all the registrants where spam bots. Quite amusing. Seeing as once they joinned the anti spam banned them straight away.

I dont think it took me long to get confirmed and posting without moderation but I know of someone who recently got confirmed after several weeks of waiting.

:lol:

Dwarfer was a pain and quite glad he is gone.

Hmmm modslap the guy who raged etc in the Parge mobo sale thread.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

This has been mentioned in another thread. But I still think it make sense to recruit a few more mods who would essentially be lower level mods. These people could help deal with what seems to be a constant barrage of spam. They could also act as eyes and ears of the current mod team flagging to them threads that require baby sitting.

I understand that this would mean giving these "junior" mods full admin permissions but I would imagine there would be some trust worthy former mods or long time members who have no interest in being a full blown mod but would be happy to help on the spam end of things.

A simple rule of any "junior" using their permissions outside of stuff like spam control(closing threads, ban hammering etc.), would have their permissions removed or be ban hammered themselves as necessary.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nice sentiment, but we're all "juniors" you see. Use the report button if you see a violation worth following up.

Besides, now that Bit has lost Jamie, getting any changes made to the admin setup of the site will be akin to wading through treacle I suspect.

Should the need arise I'm sure that a few more full fat mods will be recruited.

16. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I guess more so than eyes and ears it would be spam control, so the mods would be freed up to do the necessary ban hammering and such

17. KidMod-Southpaw

Sounds good, but as has been said, we do a fine job of moderating ourselves, so the full fat mods may get a bit bored. :p I wouldn't object to it though.

18. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

Just what I was about to post but mine would have been in a far less nerdy way ;)

Sorry to see you quit Nexxo but understand why.

19. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

You're all forgetting my favourite banning which was AoE! That was much better than the thehippoz and dwarfer bannings - they just had too much time on their hands for petulance where as AoE was an actual nasty piece of work.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  20. KidMod-Southpaw

It seemed to me that he just took serious advantage of the MP without contributing anywhere else in the forum. It all turned really nasty when he wouldn't give a refund for a bad board.