1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Noobish players on MW2 rant

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hirezo, 19 Aug 2010.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

True, I don't have the microphone on and I avoid text talk as I tend to get pwned if I take my mind of the game for a second. :)

As you say, it's just a game. That's also why I never understand hacking, I mean why? Just why?

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This sounds absolutely hilarious and I now wish all online games had such features. Automated translations are just magical.

For the sake of demonstration, I translated your quoted text a few times with babelfish:

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Sadly, not that awesome. :(

Imagine more like...

Player1: (Hello) (Questing?)
    Player2: (Yes) (Party?)
    Player1: (I am) (Tank) (What role are you?)
    Player2: (Damage) (I can heal)
    Player1: (Okay) (Follow me)

In which everything inside parenthesis is automatically translated to the reader's language. Problem is, sentence structure isn't consistent between the four main languages of the game, and names are translated per syllabel where character changes are required (IE, Japanese to Roman characters for English/French/German). It's funny to see frustrations with the system as players start adding in words between the autotranslate just to help them formulate sentences in the first place. Also, smiley faces using other language's characters can be pretty intense.

It also makes a person sleep easier at night when the character named "Kawaii Neko" might actually be Japanese rather than some stereotypical Japan-obsessed American.

4. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

That would be priceless though Sloth... I can almost see myself accidently insulting totally random people 12000 miles away by proxy of translator already :D