1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noritake KGU126X64F-K612A4 graphic VFD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 28 Aug 2002.

1. alz123

alz123 What's a Dremel?

128x64

hi rob are posting the signed 1267x64 code
    that matt sent

Alan

Apologies for this did one but not the other, I've signed that file and sent
    it to Rob to update the Bit site.

alan b:blah:

2. Gunterius

Gunterius What's a Dremel?

Incorrect definition file ?

Dear VFD users.

I have installed my Noritake GU126x64, and also LCDC. I downloaded the last definition files and screen files for this display, but when following the PDF installation guide, and then selecting the correct definition file, a screen appears telling me :

"The LCD/VFD definition file has been tampered with, or is not signed correctly, can not proceed."

In this way I cannot get it to work. I have installed LCDC version 1-05-26 (last version I downloaded a few days ago)

When I install the GU126x32 definition files, I get a message that they're out of date, but then my display works fine. (at least the first 32 lines of it of course....:D )

Can somebody help me in solving this problem, since I have purchased of course a bigger display to use all possible lines :D

Thanks for your help already,

Kind regards,

Gunterius

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

The download in the first post should now be updated to the signed version of the file... that should sort your error message out Gunterius.

Rob.

4. Gunterius

Thanks Cheese, it works without error now. Now I can start testing (playing:naughty: ) with it !!!:clap: :clap:

Gunterius

5. Timdog

Timdog What's a Dremel?

I'll probably be using this VFD in my first modding project.:dremel:

Looks like Noritake has very good service and a great repair policy.:thumb:

Does anyone know how much it is to get one of these shipped to the US?

6. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

You should contact the UK sales office and they can put you in contact with a US distributor.

7. bartleby

bartleby What's a Dremel?

I’m writing because you are extremely knowledgeable on the topic of Noritake. I’m really frustrated, as my VFD (Noritake 126x64) doesn’t show any configuration correctly. Cheese sent me the latest updated configuration, and I couldn’t make it work properly, as first it shows the bit-tech logo, and then when it goes through to show the web address, half the bit-tech logo is stuck on the bottom half of the VFD. The characters showing the temperature in the first screen later appear, some covering others, and they don’t change when they should.
    I tried to create a more simple configuration, with three lines of normal text, and it does show the first line, but not the second and third. I tried removing a line, and it wouldn’t work. I carried on removing lines, and in the end I realised that it only displayed the first line, while it ignores the other two, even in something as simple as text:- just text displaying 1st line/2nd line/3rd line.
    Do know what could be going wrong with this display? I’ve tried with two examples of the same model, so it couldn’t be an internal problem with the LCD.
    Actually, I’m so desperate to get this up and running because I’m helping a friend prepare an article for a magazine, so I’m trying, time after time, to configure the VFD, but it never works satisfactorily, time is running out and we’re in an awkward situation with this VFD, as we just can’t configure it, not even to show the conf BIT-TECH for this magazine.
    If you could lend a hand, we’d include a note of thanks with your name on a normal LCD which we’ve already configured (and a copy of the magazine, so that you can see it when it comes out). It is the most well-known magazine of its type in Spain.
    All the configurations have been tried with different versions of LCDC, but they’ve all failed. We can’t do anything with the Noritake modfast programme, as it won’t take plugins.
    We’d be really grateful for any configurations you have that you could end us for LCDC o modfast. They would e of immense use, even having to tweak the text.
    I hope to hear from you soon, and I’m including my msn, icq, and yahoomsn addresses so we can get in touch as soon as possible, we really have to finish this quickly!

Thanks for your time and help

8. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

so will lcdc work with this 126x64 vfd or do i get lcdg what one is best ????

Last edited: 4 Oct 2003
  9. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

bartleby,
    Have you changed your display speed to 9600 baud?

haggisathome,
    LCDG is not yet availble... hopefully in the future, it will be, but probably not for a long time.

10. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

:waah: :waah:
    my vfd i just got today wont even power up? i dont know what the hell is wrong with it. i did notice after i did all the unlock eeprom stuff and went to reset the power cable, that the cable that was sent with it the red one (ground) was broken.. so running the vfd off of 5v straight with no ground.. would that destroy it?

ok i soldered on the wires back to their connector and have everything wired up. I followed the quick start directions and still nothing...

set speed to 9600 and did that unlock eeprom [##27]I[##1] thing. Yet i still get no display screens for lcdc on the display.

I also reset the device and i did see it say its factory default screen.

What am i doing wrong, is this software side or hardware side?

Last edited: 9 Oct 2003
  11. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

what happened to all the support here? there use to be a lot for vfd users? i cant get any help?

12. alipuk

alipuk What's a Dremel?

have you actually tried using Cheese's screens which you can download from the first page?

tho the display actually resets that means that the display is working. You will have to redo the eeprom slow down again (the [##27]I[##1] thing)

make sure that you don't actually change the speed of LCDC until after changing the settings in the bios

you have got the serial cable in the correct serial port?

thats all i can suggest for now

You can see some of the screens here at http://gallery.dragonsweyr.org

13. Empi

Empi What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    is it possible for me to change the file of the KGU126x64F for LCDC so that it works with a Noritake GU256x128-3900 ?
    In which way would i have to change the settings ist the file?

Thanks in advance
    Empi

14. alipuk

alipuk What's a Dremel?

I suggest you post the question on the lcdc forums.

TBH I havent looked at the config file so I don't know what you have to do to it to change the settings

good luck and let us all know what happens

15. Cheese

Cheese Doc

As it stands the config file is locked, any updated version needs to updated by LCDC's author to make it work with LCDC again... so 'no's the answer but speak to mat-d-rat, you never know, he might be feeling festive :confused:

Rob.

16. Gunterius

Screen definition file out of date

Hello there,

I think I have now develloped my necesary screens, and have installed it for a definitive test in my destination PC. I would like LCDC to start up at boot, so that the screen always works. I know this option is in the configuration file, so I chose this. The problem however is that the program is always waiting for the user to push the 'OK' button, after the message :"Note that your screen definition file is out of date. It will work, but some function will not.' (or something in this kind)

OK, just forget what I wrote above. I found out that a new definition file was made, but I did not get it appearantly. (thought I did :confused: ) It's in the download section of www.lcdc.cc

It should work now !

Kind regards,

Gunterius

Last edited: 10 Jan 2004
  17. rayDreamer

rayDreamer What's a Dremel?

Nice review :) I love the displays u can hook up to the puter :)

I got a VFD from my friend...it is a Noritake-Itron CU24025ECPB-U1J and I'm wondering how well it works on the USB. I know u have to get a parallell to USB cable..but how does it work with all the programs?

Or should I get a parallell controllercard instead? I have the ABIT IC7-MAX3 so I don't have any oldish ports like serial or parallell :p

Tags: Add Tags