1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware PC Hardware Buyer's Guide September 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 7 Sep 2010.

1. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

For a single SSD, a Marvell 9128 controller (onboard with the P6X58D-E) appears to outperform the Highpoint on read speeds - see Marvell Vs. ICH10R Vs. Highpoint 640.

For RAID though, the Highpoint seems to win hands down.

2. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

good luck getting that MSI board in the states. Maybe you guys across the pond can get it, but its just about done for over here. Newegg deactivate it months ago, and only place i was able to find one was at buy.com

I love the site and all that you guys do, but mayhaps a bit more effort next time round eh?

3. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

"The argument as to whether you should choose a Core i7-920 or an i7-930 continues. We've listed the i7-930 because there's no telling when the cheaper and only slightly less overclockable i7-920 will disappear from the shelves."

What about the now vastly reduced in price Core i7-950?

4. deadlockk

deadlockk What's a Dremel?

I'd like to know this as Im planning my new rig now and can't decide whether to splash out now or wait!

5. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

and Sandybridge and ivy thingy all have integrated gpu's.

I want dedicated cpu, i have a fast gfx card, why do i want one of those?

6. SaNdCrAwLeR

SaNdCrAwLeR What's a Dremel?

would it be possible for you guys to start posting these with prices in Euros too? :eek:
    many UK and eurobased companies have extremelly different prices for Euro tags, so this would really help us non-islanders blokes out (ok I live in an Island but still)
    cuz for instance your Enthusiast overclocker ends up costing about 730-750 pounds to the rest of Europe (tho, I must say I did a similar build except with a sli motherboard and if you do choose your parts rights you can get a build that's cheaper than these prices)

7. QuietlyConfident

QuietlyConfident What's a Dremel?

Any idea what was the conflict present with the onboard Reaktek sound driver in the Gaming Workhorse build? Does it effect the system in any way if you don't have a sound card?

8. BentoKing

BentoKing What's a Dremel?

GTX 460 1GB OC SLI is better than ATI 5970, and cheaper.

Tags: Add Tags