1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Plain Sight Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 14 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Following on nicely from Made in the UK week, we take a look at Plain Sight, the latest game from UK-based indie outfit Beatnik Games. The premise is all about hyperactive, suicidal ninja robots - so the only question worth asking about the game is 'What's not to love?'

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/04/14/plain-sight-review/1

:D

2. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Over at epic.lan, we are thinking this is the new "Armagetron" game for lan - quick and fun.

3. LJF

LJF Modded

Enjoyed the reference to Chesterfield in the 2nd paragraph - I wasn't expecting that!!

4. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

I agree with Omnituens it would make an awesome lan game. 15 mins quick blast between sessions of more serious gaming that isn't a bad thing. The speed of the game & open maps reminds me of playing Quake 3 Instagib onf Q3 DM17 map.

What I found most suprising is the 3d nature of the maps where any surface can be "the ground" actually works and doesn't leave me feeling disorientated at all. It just works, great game, lots of polish..

5. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

Have been playing this for the past week, great fun. Also does anybody else feel like they modelled the levels in some kind of 3d drafting/engineering program like NX.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2010
  6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Looks like a bunch of Girs flying around in space. Awesome.

7. SupReme

SupReme Message is over there ->

I've been playing this for the past week too. When i heard there was an indie game with interplanetary robot ninja assassins I already knew that I should buy it. And for the €6,75 i payed for it, it was well worth it! But I agree with Bit-tech, it's not a game you should play hours, but just for a quick 20 min. gaming sessions it's perfect =)

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I got this game the otehr day and love it, can't play on line though cos it is laggy as hell for me trying to connect to servers, I love the single player though.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

And now, for the Doom song.

10. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

I bought it just recently from the steam sale. Very under rated game. Really really really incredibly fun for an amazing indie game.

Tags: Add Tags