1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Pointless downvotes on Youtube videos

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 6 Jul 2020.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

They offer absurd money because it will cost you followers and they know it.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Apaprently not, the only ones I've seen are the super big ones. All the medium sized ones I follow just laugh about how its potienally money laundering :p

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Does it really cost followers though? It's a somewhat annoying advert. but if there's a channel I like and it's advertising RAID SHADOW LEGENDS I'm not going to hold it against them if the actual content is good. People have to eat and Youtube certainly doesn't give them any help, often quite the opposite.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  4. silk186

silk186 Derp

A single advert probably won't, but if you increase your ads and will advertise products that aren't like it will impact your branding. How much it will impact the channel depends on how important branding is. A financial channel that advertised dodge stock apps/tips ect. will see a bigger impact than some others. I wonder how many people are getting tired of hearing about the LTT water bottle, it's almost become a meme at this point. Actually, I think LTT is a good example, in addition to having a regular sponsor, they plug merch at every opportunity through the video and as a result, I don't want them as often as I used to. I think Gamers Nexus does a better job of coming across sincerely.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2020
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Gamers nexus is a tiny company compared to LTT though. Like they don't even begin to compare.