1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

[​IMG]
    Nothing.........I don't drink or smoke. Both very bad habits. :naughty:

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  2. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Close, so very close...

Looks good so far. I even like the "Big Bore" tubing routing job. Given your pump I believe you would see very similar performance if you went with the Legris fittings and 6/8mm hose. The only advantage the smaller tubing offers over its larger cousin would be aesthetics in this case.

Given the detail displayed in this project to date you could route the smaller tubing such that it really compliments all of your work thus far. I think the black 6/8 tubing would be very nice. :thumb: With the SLI setup I may use the black tubing myself now that I am redoing my rig.

Oh, the FX-55 at stock speeds is very "Snappy". It is snappy in a very fast, quick and responsive kind of way. You are going to really like it.

3. modsquad

Aqua-Computer Cuplex Evo & Chrome

I don't know Sho, I think the AC 6/8mm tubing would be harder to work with (much more stiff) then tygon. Also I want to go with compression fittings for this project.
    I installed the Aqua-Computer Cuplex Evo CPU H20 block today (for the last time) and also played with Tygon again. I ordered the Black R-3400 Tygon tube and should have it in a few days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I also test fitted the newly chromed parts. I still need to attach the bolts for the grill as well as the rubber grommets for the bottom cover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

Damn sexy. I am eagerly anticipating the black tygon. I have never seen it before. :grr: *looks at the 15 feet of clear tygon on his floor* I never thought that could look over used... :duh:

Any who, keep up the awesome work.

5. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

6. modsquad

I have more H20 cooling parts than you could "shake a stick at". My work area is just overflowing with the stuff.........
    [​IMG]
    and more on the way (01/10/05) I hope. Parts for Black Narcissus, Soylent Green and two other projects yet to be named or project logged.. Business is GOOD...
    I have never seen Black Tygon either.. http://www.mcmaster.com/ said it is on it's way!! Another day or two... I still need to post a list of the webstores I ordered from for this project..the list keeps getting longer and longer...
    MS

7. modsquad

Have you visited billetspecialties web site..??I am dazed/confused with there sizes..(help Nexxo) I agree some wire/hose seperators would help out...I have been looking..The H20 loop will look MUCH BETTER when I finish it. At this point I am only looking for lenghts-bends and ideas...........

Last edited: 4 Jan 2005
  8. crimandevil

LOL, I had seen their site and yes it was to say the least "interesting."

There was another thread where someone outlined the sizes to tubing and all but I can't seem to remember much about it. I think I may have also misplaced the notes I made on it, no bother though I'll just bring some tubbing to the autoparts store and go from there. :)

9. modsquad

Black Tygon

I received my black R-3400 Tygon tubing today. It looks good.. It's specificantions are very close to that of the R-3603 that everyone uses (heat range and bend radius). It is just slightly more stiff than R-3603. I will be working on the loop over the next few days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Weird. It almost looks like garden hose :D Never seen that before!

11. marcin_ps2

marcin_ps2 What's a Dremel?

is it uv reactive ?? so if is could you post any pics... ??

12. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

its flat black....
    not uv reactive...

13. nissmo300

nissmo300 What's a Dremel?

How are you gonna see if all the air bubbles are out?

14. crimandevil

Very sexy.

15. modsquad

The Tygon R-3400 is UV resistant (the reason for it's black color, I guess). I think it complements my power supply which is sleeved/heatshrinked black on black (I will get that thing installed some day). Also, I just want to be different!
    Any H20 loop will have some air (bubbles) when first set up. They generally go away after a 24-48 hour run-in. If I had a real problem (large air pocket), I think I would see the bubbles in the reservoir and go from there..
    MS

16. DoNuT

DoNuT What's a Dremel?

do air bubbles hurt the system in any way? I think they look cool with clear tubing and backlit.

17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Bubbles can cause cavitation, which isn't good for the pump. It also could diminish your cooling capacity (water conducts heat much better than air does).

Which could be why you haven't seen many mods where people take aquarium stones and air pumps and stick them in their watercooling res. I've seen people do it (perhaps above the level where the line out goes to the pump or in a seperate res) but it isn't that common.

18. modsquad

H20 Loop Phase1

I am not a watercooling expert..But
    I would think they would hurt the flowrate and reduce cooling efficiency. Unless your system is sucking air, the bubbles should dissipate within a few days. Using a reservoir in the loop also helps.

I did a little "loop-work". I like the look of the Black R-3400 Tygon VERY MUCH.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Still have a long way to go, but I think the black tygon looks very cool...

19. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Those blacktubes look realy good!
    Makes it look even more clean, cant wait to see more of it

20. modsquad

I have to agree. I could not be more satisfied!! As a added bonus I get Tygon flexibility and reliability. Aqua-Computer markets a black PVC tube for there 8/6mm plug/cool fittings, which floated in the back of my mind until I ran across the Tygon R-3400. Honestly just by pure luck. BS'ing withing the supervisor of the laboratory at work about H20 cooled computers. He introduced me to the product, I had no idea there was such a thing (see, sometimes good things happen at work!).. I think it looks 100% better than the clear R-3603 (for this project anyway)...And what I really enjoy is I have yet to see anyone using this stuff. (first kid on the block syndrome)..

Last edited: 5 Jan 2005