1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blacklight Demons (plexi fulltower)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 11 Dec 2003.

1. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

I hope my thoughts have not triggered a brain melt down. But get those eyes of the dragon's to light up with HDD activity would be something to see. There's a thought for yah to stick in the melting pot << Continuing the medieval theme, which you may have noticed :naughty:

2. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I don't know if this was already asked. What size holes did you drill for the 5.25" and 3.5" drives?

3. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

The holes for the drives are done with a 4mm drill

4. [WP@]WOLVERINE

UPDATE!!

Sorry guys no pics this time this is a inspirational update. Ive decided to completely change the theme for the case ive already ordered new plexi sides for the case and will leave the whole demon theme behind. I got so inspired by [GiB] Spawny´s comment about the shield that ive decided to get medevil on the case :)
    I vill change from demons to medevil celtic theme, all knights,swords,wizards and dragons framed in celtic knotwork :) Since ive designed a lot of celtic tatto flash ive got a whole bunch of ideas for the new look. As soon as ive got the sketchwork done ill post a bunch of pics. I also have some ideas of using plexi in layers to achive a 3d effect on the sides :D
    I also realise that changing the theme of the case this late in the project might cause som problems but nothing is impossible for a mod nut when the inspiratin starts working overtime :D

Last edited: 25 Dec 2003
  5. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

But... but... the demons and stuff!!?! :worried:

Ah well the medievil will probably turn out even better... let's see some pics!

6. Malvolio

Malvolio .

:waah: Being a total gothic/depressive-devil worshiper all my life, I must say, what you are doing is a total abomination to all demon-hood! PLEASE tell me your still going to use the demonic plexi for something? If not, send them to me, I'll pay, even shipping! I don't care, I can't stand to see good demonic plexi go to waste!

Anyway, hope your new mod goes well :grr:

7. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Actally the demons will be mounted in ledlit pictureframes and will hang evil and glowing on the wall in my computer room :D I feel the same as you about wasting good demonized plexi :rock:

*cranks up the volume of the old Venom classic In league with satan* :rock: :rock:

Last edited: 25 Dec 2003
  8. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Awesome, definately take pictures of the demonic plexi after you mod that! Good to hear you arn't waisting them. And how are you planing on doing a 3-D look with plexi for the new medievil look?

/me Cranks up some Haujobb on his $100 headphones he just rebuilt with titanium speakers :rock:

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

The 3d effect will be made by etching parts of the picture on the actual side and parts on shaped plexi pieces mounted both on the inside and outside of the case. Ive got the idea when i was in France on vacation. There i saw a painter who painted on glass and he used glass in layers to achieve amazing results. Its hard to describe but believe me it was kickass cool. Ill post pictures as soon as i got them. :D

10. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

:waah:
    but...all the deamons...
    :waah: :waah:
    well...it s your choice...
    at least the computer room is going to be great :D

11. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

i have to say your case began well, with awsome etched side windows, but i feel it went down hill when you began to use the black plexi. i just dont liek the front but good luck anyways

12. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I actually dont like the front as it is right now iether, as i begin to cange the theme of the case the entire front will be redesigned to. I feel that the shape of the doors are a bit off :) But as i sit here starring att the 3 sheets (50x70cm) of acrylic the ideas keep coming.
    Right now i have to many ideas so im kinda lost but i hope to get it all sorted soon :) its leaning towards a mix between medevil and highTech with more stylised artwork and not so much detalis sice its bloddy hard getting small etchingdetails to show. I will use quite alot of black plexi to make the motives from so ill be cutting tons and tons of tiny plexibits it will be like a big plexi puzzle.

13. imac13

imac13 What's a Dremel?

can i have all the dimension and the sketch diagram of where to

me would like to do a smiliar casing too

kindly email to my email at cbong13@yahoo.com

thanks

14. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

well thats a shame to hear.. but I'm sure this will look good too.

15. 3vil-Grin

3vil-Grin What's a Dremel?

Well its a interesting change in themes but i'll still be watching...

You got the skills so i dont doubt it wont look SWEET!!

Keep it up man!

16. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

I hope I didn't upset too many posters, by suggesting the Dragon Knight theme but glad I planted a seed that will sure to grow bigger and better than expected.

I'm off to Oz for a month but will check in from time to time :D

Best wishes and all that :rock:

17. pilote1-10

pilote1-10 What's a Dremel?

your mod , It 's really fanstastique :eeek:

where has you find a tribal draw ?

Last edited: 27 Dec 2003
  18. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Just a thought, but if you use the sand method to bend the plexi tube, the sand might stick to the inside of the tube. I think it may be possible to use air pressure instead, kind of like blowing glass, except with plexi.

Also, what if you used smoked plexi tubes :D .

19. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Ive tried to bend the plexitubes in all kinds of ways but none of them even comes close to the result i want so im afraid that ill have to srap the whole idea. So im currently working on some other way to solve the cable problem.

20. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

This may seem a little extreme...but why don't you use glass tube, i mean you can bend that fairly easy with just a bunsen burner. I don't how well that would serve for your purpose but it would be wicked cool.
    You have madd etching ability dude, i look forward to seeing this project wrapped up!!!!!