1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I notice the great idea with the flikking lightning :)

I think this is the better way to get it , I would like to find a withe sensitive sound cathode and use the sensor closely to the harddrive :)

yes of course this is a big challenge , I don't know if i m going to rust paint the hardware or sleeve all into a sort ofrust inside case with some dirty windows... I m actually thinking about it :)

2. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

Firstly may I congratulate you on an excellent job... :rock:

I have tried to keep up with this post, but may have missed the answer to the question I'm about to ask...

What are you going to do with the side panels? I was thinkning that it might look in keeping with the HL theme, if you took a side panel and cut a hole in it, which looked like something had either burst out of it (one if the face hugger aliens) or an explosion had torn a hole in the case. Then place a piece of plexi behind the opening. If the hole was big enough, it would show off all of the excellent work inside the case.

Lee

3. Bob 1234

Bob 1234 What's a Dremel?

not to hijack your thread but.........

Here's a linky of a guy who did the whole rusted idea, and I think the window, the way he did it, is pretty sweet. Check it out.

http://www.lucentrigs.com/Rusted page01.htm

-Bob

Last edited: 25 Mar 2004
  4. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

getting better and better everytime i see it :rock:

keep going :thumb:

5. Dragosoft

Dragosoft What's a Dremel?

Sweet, man! Nice painting :thumb: :jawdrop:
    We want more pics, we want more pics... ;)

6. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

Yeah, but that thing doesnt compare to the Blackmesa HL2 case!!!! Blackmesa is like taking that guys idea, and jumping up like 50steps!!

7. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I like both of the cases... the rusted side panels are awsome... I would take that part of the idea in a second... very inovative...

8. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thank you for the link ;) that give me some nices ideas :)

these cases are really cool :thumb:

9. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks , since I saw the link with the rusted rig I m thinking about a side panel whit irregular cuttout and with bolts like the others panels :)

10. eXtenz

eXtenz What's a Dremel?

NOOOO...... this case deserves to me aired and open... I personally wouldnt have any side panels, but at the most, use some metal grating or something of the likes..something industrialish... and do your rust technique to it...

btw... THIS KICKS ASS.... definitly got inspiration for my next case mod, if i could only find the paint you used... :thumb:

11. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

:read: he already said what paint that he used......!!!!

12. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

somehow i can believe he missed that in a thread with 25+ pages , ... :worried:

13. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

well i as well as many others have weeded through many longer threads...like all of ZAPWIZARDS...they get in the 50+....and btw, i think it is in the first couple pages....

14. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Yeah, its in the first pages... and anyone with more than half a picnic basket upstairs would have seen the spray cans he used. :D

And by the way, a 3.5" bay is 4" wide because the media inserted in them is generally 3.5" wide... ie a floppy disc ;) pretty clever huh?! :p

15. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

he didnt say "if only i could find what paint you used" he asid "if only i could find the paint you used.

He is more than likely saying that he cannot find it anywhere to buy it.

16. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

well, those two statemee very similar, and no one can straighten this out except for the author.......and to piloux...i appologize for this small thread hijack...

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thank you , if it heps you can find similar paint there http://art-supply.best-emporium.com...ntiquing-Solutions-8-oz.-bottle-instant-rust/

happy to see I inspire you :)

18. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

If you really want to get into extreme with this, and keep the old look use the 3m liquid, and make a resoviour that would hold the motherboard. A good coolant, and you might be able to dye it, but it would certainly add something. Maybe even make the liquid a green/purple/brown color to match. It would take up quite the amount of space, but the construction would take a large amount of time, especially securing outlets for all the cables and cards. If you could pull it off though, it would be great.

19. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

Unless he has a HUGE budget I don't think Fluorinert is going to happen. Considering that it is like US$500+ for a gallon of Fluorinert FC40 and it would probably take 4-5 gallons of it to do what you are talking about, unless you didn't use any expansion cards in which case you could probably get a way with 2 gallons of it. It would be pretty damn cool though, and you could even age the reservoir to match the look.

20. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I think this is a too Xtrem idea... and my budget is not so huge :duh: , but I ll make it look cool another way ;)