1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project BLISS II-COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 1 Feb 2004.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

>>
    Thanks Yo-DUH_87... I am trying to stop myself from adding a drive window..soo...hard..

I will paint the drive covers at least (along with the PSU cover)

I gotta keep it simple when it comes to major modding...if I start I won't stop and it'll take forever. I want to get the new system built and get into some games that I have waited to play..Max Payne 2, U2 the Awakening, Call of Duty, etc...all sitting here:)

Clean and tidy..Step away from the major modding!

DDK

2. Lupine

Lupine What's a Dremel?

I'm not too sure about Stainless, but 1.6mm Copper Coated Mild Steel rods are soft enough to bend by hand (with some effort). The reason I know this is because I've knitted chainmail out of the stuff.

Stainless is usually more rigid than basic Mild steel, and with 4mm diameter rods, you may be looking at an engineers bench vice and mole grips to bend the stuff...

Of course applying fire by means of a blow torch would make bending the stuff easier. :naughty:

Good Luck.

3. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

that look damn fine, I hope when I start I will get a blunder like you got

4. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the info Lupine!

LOL@white modder!! Thanks:)

Got a little more done this morning. Stealthed the Sunbeam rheobus and Vantec fan and light controller. This may be overkill for fan control but what the hell..lol

I won't bore you with photos of the process(or use up limited storage space) so here are the completed pics. Easy as measuring the bay covers that came with the case and drilling away...The face plates are a little dusty and the left LED on the Vantec needs to be repositioned. There are no holes drilled for the rheobus leds because I haven't decided where I want them. I was thinking about extending the led leads and possibly use them for extra lighting inside the case. Not sure yet...

[​IMG]

I also painted the front bezel port and buttons black...preview:

[​IMG]

I ordered the sleeving kit/heatshrink today from Performance-PCs.com. Chrome kit with red heatshrink.. hope it looks good!

Take care

DDK

5. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

That looks great. You could carry the red theme to the inside of the case if you felt risky :naughty:

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hehe. hey ddk. See you are back:p With another mod. Well ofcorse this mod's going be amazing wht ever. Already is.;)

7. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

yeah, thats gunna be a nice case when your done... cant wait till i get my log started for the one im working on now... keep it up man

8. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking good man.

9. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the comments guys..

Got a few goodies today!!

[​IMG]

NF7-S V2
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    SLK-900-A HSINK
    Thermaltake SMART CASE FAN II
    Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 "222 Special" Dual Pack
    Lite-On Black 48X24X48X16 Combo Drive
    Cooler Master 80mm Neon LED-Red Case fan X 5
    Vantec "IceBerq 4"Copper All-In-One VGA Cooling Kit (for current Geforce 3 Ti200)

All this sitting on top of a 24x48 sheet of grey acrylic:):)

I ordered the 9800PRO from newegg this morning.

Need a DVD burner and hard drive and I'm pretty much set!

I hope to get the windows and fan wiring done tomorrow, hopefully more.

I'm excited!!

Take care

DDK

10. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Hi, good looking case great idea to paint the front bezel full red , it's better like that :rock: you make good choice with the elements, nf7 is great with Barton and with this RAM that smell good overclocking :thumb:

11. daydreamingknight

That's what I'm hoping for!:)

I must say the smart case fan 2 is dam fugly..fixed that:

[​IMG]

I have a questions regarding the leds fans I have. They have the 3pin plug(comes with the molex4pin)

[​IMG]

I was wondering if there is a problem splicing these leads together?...and then extending that lead to the fan controller..problem?..would I then be able to control both fans with one spot on the fan controller? Forgive me if this is a retarded question, I'm home sick and may not be thinking right... :D

Thanks!

DDK

12. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Don't include the rpm wire on one of them and you should be fine.

Looking cool ;)

13. daydreamingknight

Thanks...silly me.. just looked on performance-pcs.com and they have some:duh:

:)

DDK

14. Perpetual Notion

Perpetual Notion What's a Dremel?

Wow, it's cool to see you doing this mod, DDK. I own the exact same case, right down to the silver accents. :rock:

[​IMG]

I did bolt on mods too. Of course my color of choice was a nice regal green. I couldn't get a good pic that showed off the lighted fans though, :grr:.

I love the bar accents, that's quite a unique look.

A neat and tidy interior is a noble goal. It sounds like you won't be filling all your drive bays up with too many componets, if you're too lazy to get rid of the extra wires on your PSU (or you want to keep enough molex plugs available for additional hardware in the future), you can often stuff the spare wires up in to empty 5.25 inch drive bays and secure them with ties or rubber band (I used a bunch of old hair bands :D Those things are great.) I was surprised with how well that worked for the amount of time invested.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Laterz,
    Perp

15. daydreamingknight

NICE looking case....BIG flashlight..lol

Could you do me a favor? Post a pic of the bottom(inside) of the case(looking in thru window) and one from the side? My case is in pieces right now and I want to get an idea on some things and need a fully loaded PC to look at..or email me the pics? Thanks in advance if you can do so!!:)

Take care

DDK

*Hopefully the sleeving kit will be here tomorrow...plus I was thinking about using slightly larger bars...the test bars "seem" a little thin..opinions?

16. Perpetual Notion

Perpetual Notion What's a Dremel?

More pictures of my case, you say? Well, I must say I don't have to be asked twice. :naughty: I just wish I'd cleaned in there recently; some sizable dust rhinos have taken up residence inside and defend their territory vigorously.

Bottom of the case:
    [​IMG]

Other side:
    [​IMG]

And, just because it actually worked this time, a sparkly night shot:
    [​IMG]

laterz,
    Perp

17. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

BIG flashlight..lol

lol:p maybe it is dark where he lives :O

Nice new gear man;). I love getting new pcs. And making them. I dunno why I just love new pc's. Guess you knw you have wasted your money on it and you knw want the fun

18. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the pics Perpetual Notion, do you use the front fan filter that came with the case? If so, how well does it work? If you're using it now I'd say not too well?

Sc0rian, yeah I love new pcs too. Even better when it's a real upgrade from what you have been using. This pc is alomost 2 years old..it's time. It's never a waste of money, it's an INVESTMENT...or at least that's what I tell Jes..lol :D

I also found the handles I was looking for! They got a piant job too :thumb:

Later guys

DDK

Should have more pics up later today :dremel:

19. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

I was a bit skeptical about the colors at first, but now it is allright. The wood dowels thing sounds interesting...

20. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking good, can't wait to see what oc you can pull off :)