1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project BLISS II-COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 1 Feb 2004.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Mine WAS riveted on. I drilled them out and will secure them once I don't need to take the top off anymore.

Providence, I'll try your idea and let you know if it works, thanks!

DDK

2. DaRkPhAsE

DaRkPhAsE What's a Dremel?

Have to agree with Providence I have used the same method to do 2 PSUs now, while it can be a bit tight it does go.

(unless your other half want's to help and "tried to heat it up and stretch it" when you leave the workroom for 5 mins). :duh:

3. daydreamingknight

I tried to no end to get the sleeving over the connector. I tried exactly what was suggested and it wont go over the end of the connector let alone the wires...

Right now I'm stuck on what to do.. I'm sure if I look around I can find something that will get the wires out without bending/screwing up the ends..

I'll go searching now...

DDK

4. Altron

Altron Minimodder

There is Flexo Wrap, which is a combination of Flexo PET (the offical name for the stuff everyone sleeves their PSUs with) and split loom, it looks like Flexo PET but there's a slit in the side. It's a bit pricier though but shouldn't cost more than a few dollars for the amount you need.

Clicky Clicky

5. MegaRouge

MegaRouge What's a Dremel?

If you're using chrome sleeving, I'm not surprised it didn't go over the big connector. I used a combination of chrome and black sleeving in my case, and the black seems to be a lot more expandable. The chrome stuff is made out of a different material than all the other colors; I assume that's why it usually costs more and why it's not as expandable. I was lucky that my motherboard connector cable was already sleeved black when I got my PSU or I don't know how I would have done it.

Great looking case, by the way. I'll be following this one closely!

6. daydreamingknight

Thanks for the link Altron.

MegaRouge, thanks for the info, I was not aware of that. It would have been a factor in chosing what sleeving to go for. I have the wiring pretty much done, except for that dam MB connector. As of right now I'm going to leave it or elec. tape it for now. Maybe down the road I'll figure something out.

I could buy what I need if I had my own credit card but I don't. I really don't want to ask the girlfriend to use hers. My whole goal was to be clean and tidy but I'll settle for what I can get for now. It's a bummer, but I don't want to risk screwing up the connector. I tried removing the pins but it wasn't looking to good.

I'm hoping the 9800Pro will be here by the end of the week. I still don't have a HD but I think I'm going to pull out the 40gig slave on this comp and use it. Next month I'll order a 120 gig and the DVD burner.

Might have more pics up later today.

Take care guys!

DDK

7. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

My favourite modder seems to need help.
    I have sleved mine with plastic-pipe.
    I did run in to the same trouble, here is what I did:
    Take the sleeving,split it on one side and pull the cables in
    and then "close" the sleeving with glue or something.

Happy moddin'

8. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Good idea, Thunder_return, I might add that it'd be a good idea to get some plastic zip-ties every 2" or so to keep the sleeving on there tight.

9. daydreamingknight

WELL....

It's up and running!! I'm posting on it right now! WOW..where to begin..

OK, first.. I never did get the mb cable sleeved. Bums me out but hey, got grey acrylic windows which will help hide the mess. The cable management is NOWHERE what I had wanted but I'll do the bese I can. I still have a few things left to do such as hooking up a few fans and wiring up the stereo meters..the LCD..stealth the drive..blah blah...

Right now its sitting here with the panels off and wires haning here and there...Spent this morning updating drivers and windows...

I went ahead and installed Americas Army.(GAMER FOR LIFE!) Just had to check it out. WOW. The 9800Pro is one helllllooovvvaaa an upgrade from a GF 3 Ti200!!!

I have to work so late tonight I hope to get the rest of it tidy and hooked up and then move on to loading games and getting ready to benchmark and overclock :thumb:

Also have to get the TV tuner card in. So far so good, everything has went pretty smooth for the most part. Much more responsive then the other comp.

I'm off tomorrow so expect a final pic posting:):) I'm sure I'll be asking questions about overclocking this rig.
    First impressions are good :rock:

Take care guys and thanks for the help!

DDK

10. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

another superb project
    keep up the work mate :)

11. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

excellent - looking forward to the pics... :D

12. notobe

notobe What's a Dremel?

looking very good.. but i think youve got to much money.

13. TMM

TMM Modder

NICELY DONE DDK!! i like the red paint on the PSU. So SHINY! :jawdrop:
    do you have some overall pics of it?

14. daydreamingknight

HAHAHAHHA!! Too much? I WISH. Tax return money, it's the only chunk of money I get each year to play with!

Got the wiring pretty much done. Can't get much more GHETTO than electrical tape on the MB wires..I didn't want the wires showing..

[​IMG]

I tucked away what I could and decided I'd get it as clean as possible with good air flow. I've had all the fans running and say it's got excellent flow to it. I had the black IDE cables left over so used them instead of the flat ribbons. New ones will probably be in the future.

I'm also only using the Vantec fan controller. Since I wanted to use the LCD I had to choose, so the rheobus went.

Later today I'll stealth the drive and get the bezel done...final pics soon! :D

TMM, sorry..I painted it- did the sleeving, then installed it...

Take care

DDK

15. daydreamingknight

BlissII FINISHED!!

Here are the final pics for this quick premod project!

I did an odd thing.. I had some plastic mirror laying around so I cut it up:

[​IMG]

And stuck it behind/inside the drive cages(upper and floppy sections)... Of course when the panel is on no one will ever see it.. I do plan to get more and line the case bottom.

[​IMG]

Final inside pic, minus the TV tuner card and PCI covers:

[​IMG]

And to refresh your memory, here's the original case:

[​IMG]

and

Bliss II...
    (I almost called this Project BLISSTER..:eyebrow:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, there she is. A premod with a little pinch of me thrown in. Boy, it was fun! Nice not to spend MONTHS working on the case and HUNDREDS of dollars..

I have yet to hook up the stereo meters, kind of want to wait until it's all burned in. I have to download some LCD software after pulling this comp and hooking Bliss II up....Also the Vantec fan controller came with 2 blue CCFLs, which look kinda white through the grey acrylic. They do help light the case up more though:). I'll wait until tonight and take some night shots so you can see what I mean....I might try some bigger bars for the bezel...

I also hope to get a 120gig HD(or more) and the DVD burner next month. That should round out my tax money spending spree. :D

Hope you guys like, I do. Just to have a faster system is great.

Final system specs:

ABIT nForce2 "NF7-S"
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"
    SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card
    WD40gigHD(from older system)
    Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 Level II Dual Pack
    Lite-On Black 48X24X48X16 Combo Drive
    Thermalright ''SLK900A''/Thermaltake SMART CASE FAN II
    6X Cooler Master 80mm Neon LED-Red
    Crystalfonts 634 USB LCD
    Black Vantec 3.5" Nexus Fan & Light Controller
    Black Mitsumi 7-in-1 USB Drive Combo
    ThermalTake 420W Power Supply
    Black Super-Flower Mid-tower Case
    Creative Inspire 4.1 speakers

Next up will be some OVERCLOCKING and I'll have PLENTY of questions soon. I've been on the same system for almost 2 years so I'm looking forward to tweaking a new system!!

Take care everyone and I look forward to seeing your projects!

DDK

16. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

:eeek: :jawdrop: i usually dont like these cases, cause of the all acrylic fornt... but you did an excellent job on changing my mind... great job on the case with little work as you put in.. keep it up

17. daydreamingknight

Thanks alot! The idea was not take forever but add some personal touches... I think it turned out well.

Can't wait to game! Got the games lined up!!

:D:D:D

DDK

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Very nice! :clap:

I think someone needs a new avatar - perhaps a pic of BLISS and BLISS II side to side?

19. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

wow, great mod, makes me thinking of what I could do with my own premod ;)

u planning any new mod? can't wait for it :D

20. TMM

TMM Modder

i spy an LCD :eek: is it red or blue or something else LOL im just curious
    :lol:

(even though its "finished') i think it needs a (red) CCFL to complement those red LED fans :) just my opinoin tho.

im undecided if the blue leds and things on the front panel goes with the red, but its growing on me :) :p

this has inspired me to do some more stuff to my Pre-mod :)
    :p