1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project BLISS II-COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 1 Feb 2004.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

thats really sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

very nice case , you gavi to it a reaaly personal touch :rock:

3. MegaRouge

MegaRouge What's a Dremel?

Great job DDK! I like the simplicity of it. A lot of modders go overboard trying to add everything under the sun, but you kept this one nice and simple. The red and black theme you came up with looks great. This gets two :thumb: :thumb:

4. Confusitron

Confusitron What's a Dremel?

Good work, and it didn't take long. The things lit up red look really nice.

5. KONIJN

KONIJN What's a Dremel?

:brrr: :jawdrop: :rock: sweeeeeeeeeet

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Blue LEDs kind of stick out...maybe exchange for red?

7. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

That came out very nice, great job on that man. :rock: You really did a nice job on the red accents, it really sets it off.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I like. Not over the top, but restrained and tasteful modding. Good work!

9. Spotpuff

Spotpuff What's a Dremel?

Nice. That metalcast on the front is badass.

Quick questions re coolermaster fans:

1) how loud are they?
    2) how bright are they?
    3) Does hooking them up to the fanbus and lowering their voltage dim the LEDs at all?

Oh yeah how'd you get such nice blowhole cutouts and corner holes on the plexi? Whenever I try to drill in plexi it ends up looking :eyebrow:

Nice; Bliss Unleashed was cool too.

10. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

I have a few night shots but first I want to answer some questions:

Umm..can't do that right now...Bliss Unleashed is in retirement right now..Thinking of some NEW things for the case this summer.. :naughty:

See above..maybe a REWORK of some sort..

It's the Crystalfontz 634 USB LCD out of Bliss Unleashed. About the red CCFls, see the pics below on how the blus ones look...beside they came with the fan controller...lol. I also didn't want to go thru changing any LEDs...think about the stereo meters too...yellow, red and green...

Well..there's 6 of the red fans, plus the HS fan..it's loud but I'm used to it with the last case. I think they are bright, but I also have them behind grey acrylic, so they would be much brighter with clear windows. Yes, turning the fans down ALSO dims the LEDs.

I cut the fan holes with a 3inch hole saw...not sure what you mean by corner holes..?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. What I wanted came across well, simple and clean, though I wish the sleeving would have turned out better. Next time I won't use CHROME sleeving! :wallbash: :hehe:

Here are a few night shots: (remember grey acrylic windows!, with clear windows it would be MUCH brighter)

Just the red LED fans lighting the case: (sorry crap pic)

[​IMG]

The two blue CCFLs that came with the fan controller. One in the top and one next to the rear fans:

[​IMG]

The rear blue CCFL makes the sidepanel fan look pinkish...lol..

And last a full pic:

[​IMG]

On a side note, gaming is AWESOME!! I've started the overclocking adventure with the 9800Pro, later this week will be the rest..

Take care everyone!

DDK

11. TMM

TMM Modder

KOOL! :rock:

i thought the LCD would be from your Bliss(1)
    :thumb:

THE bL00 CCFL makes all the bl00 stuff fit in now IMO :p

12. Groovedude

Groovedude Minimodder

Totaly A* material... very smart and professional mod IMO..
    Wicked !!

13. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

looks gorgeous with the blue cc's in... has inspired me for my summer project :D :thumb:

14. Spotpuff

Spotpuff What's a Dremel?

How MUCH does it dim them? (ballpark) 50%? 25%? 75%? 99%? :p

By corner holes I meant the holes where you hold the fans in with screws. Every time I tried to drill in plexi, the drill bit wandered off somewhere.

Also, what kind of screws are you using? Or are you using bolts?

People who make custom Alu cases always have cool bolts and I don't know where to get them :(

15. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

Great case mod indeed!!

I hate to get off-topic a bit, but for anyone who has bought these X-Dreamer cases (that's what they're called on newegg anyways)... Are the included PSUs crap like a lot of reviews say? I plan on having a 2500+ barton and OC'ing it to probably 2-2.2ghz, and an eVGA 5900SE.. Do you think the PSU could handle that setup + CD-RW + CD-ROM + Floppy + A few fans + a maxtor 80GB 7200rpm 8mb cache ata133? The mobo is an Albatron nForce2 u400 mobo located at:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=13-170-113

And unless someone can find me an atx/matx board with the same specs (8x agp, 3x dimms with dual channel/pc3200+, nforce2 u400) don't whine about it bein a piece of poo ;)

16. Altron

Altron Minimodder

I did a search for "x dreamer" at newegg and they are not this type of case. They are a variant of the Raidmax 228. I think DDK's case is made by SuperFlower (I have one almost identical except it's got 5 5.25" bays) because mine said SuperFlower but I don't know if it's been rebadged or not.

This is my case, it can be had with or without windows. $37 no windows, $47 with side window. An awesome buy I highly reccomend it.

This is DDKs case.

The SuperFlower cases can be distinguished by the Raidmax cases by the removable hard drive rack.

17. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

They dim all the way down until the fan turns off...I'd say down to 50% of full power at least, if not dimmer. I just used a drill bit the size of the black pushpin fan mounts for the corner fan holes. The case had stock fans that I just reused the push pins. I had no problem drilling the holes, just a steady hand and make sure the very TIP of the drillbit is centered, a little pressure and it went thru easy..

I told my girlfriend she could use the original BLISS UNLEASHED comp and I'd buy her a new case for the hardware. She picked it... and it was the BLUE XDreamer case(X-Dreamer case on Directron)..When I switched over hardware I thanked GOD that it was not I who had to use this case..I plan to overclock also, and this case needs some serious help if you use it. The front and rear fan sections would have to be removed. Even if you do that the front bezel sits up real close to the case and the fan holes IN the front lower bezel don't realy line up with the fans themselves...hope you follow that..

I would NOT recommend it for serious overclocking unless you want to mod the hell out of it. An idea is put a 120mm fan in the front BOTTOM section of the case, since any fans mounted in the stock section wouldn't move a fart on a windy day..

My opinion though, some people might like it... I would not use the case. The only cool thing about it is the drop down drive bay covers...

I wouldn't use the PSU for any serious OCing.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone:)

Take care!

DDK

18. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

:jawdrop: WOW!! :jawdrop:
    That is one of the sweetest premod mods!!!

19. TMM

TMM Modder

mod them like me, just wire the leds to 12v, though it looks a little wierd when you have a fan turned off and the leds are still fully lit lol

20. CooLJoE

CooLJoE Minimodder

glad to see one of my favorite modders back at it.

Nice work daydreamingknight! :rock: :clap: