1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project C-Macc's 2 - Sub zero arcade system..... :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mayhem, 15 Jan 2009.

1. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

65 leds and guess what ----------------------------------

3 light up .... hahahaha the 3rd one the 18th one and the 50th one ... the rest are dead .. Don't you just love ebay !!!!!!!!!!! well with that the lighting is going to have to wait lol ...

yes they are the right way round and yes i used the correct resistor for my 12 V power supply ... hehe...

2. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

ah.. that sucks..
    bad luck mate.

3. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

<=(

I hope your luck turns for the better! Mod on!

4. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Well i found out the answer why all My leds didn't work ... Lets just say i think my children have a large part to play ..

I have a small system that out put's voltages via a digital turning nob and buttons. this was set to 12 Volts before i started. Now by pressing some "Nicely lighted Buttons" you can ad 0's onto it. So me being a dumb ass for got to look at it after i had set it up and low and behold it was set to 120 Volts not 12 volts ......

So i expect (all though one can never tell) one of my kids have been pressing lovely lit buttons and added a extra 100 volts ...

How do i know this again . well Ive just sat here with a LED light testing kit and tested all 800+ Blue leds i had left over from my order on ebay and out of the 800, 4 were damaged .....

I thought id checked the voltage on my system overly it was just a passing glance and i had only seen 12 at the corner of my eye not 120 .. And why were the 3 leds still showing as lighted up blue ... well there not, there burnt in blue (i thought to my self at the time they were not that bright).. there still that colour now hahaha ...

So lesson learnt "stop forgetting to double check every thing properly" .....

oh and by some glasses

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Ah dude that really sucks. I have had to babysit my younger cousins and yeah anything with flashy lights, buttons or anything that can fit in their mouths can and will be broken, drooled on or swallowed lol.

6. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

Your engravings are really cool, I had made some engravings too, however my quality wasn't such good.

7. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

thks ringo ...

Here are a few pics inc back of my head caught in the act lol ...

What im doing is.

1) wiring
    2) Setting up led lights on the buttons
    3) setting up joysticks and digital out puts
    4) wiring up the second LCD and touch screen
    5) wiring up / leds and roller ball
    6) sequencing the lights
    7) testing it all works

The Cp is not lighted on the perspex just yet ill do that later on i think ive had enough of leds over the last few days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

last but not least this Cp weighs a tonne lol ...

The whole CP is only powered By 2 wires as i have a 13 port powered USB hub in side and all i need is 1 usb cable and 1 power cable so its dead easy to disconnect. Over all inside though there is 14 USB devices to run .. I just spilt one of them as it didn't need its own port and is piggy backed :) ..

Last edited: 29 Apr 2009
  8. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

here you go just for fun

9. The boy 4rm oz

That really looks nice all lit up.

10. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Haveing a few problem usin g the auto map feature on the UltraStik 360's. The idear is that some games are 4 way, some games are 8 way ect ect. The problem im having is there seemingly staying in digital mode and not swapping across to the different mods that i need for each game.

Looks like its gonna be a nightmare with all the different games on the system. 4 way games im not to bothered about as i have a dedicated 4 way stick for games such as pac man / bomber man with a restriction plate fitted so that i don't have to mess on since these are the games my lass love to play it makes life so much more easy.

Another thing is the spinner has stopped working all together which is a nightmare as its what i had to fix when i ripped out the wires lol .. so ill have to work on that. These things are hear just to test us i think ....

itazura likes this.
  11. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

excellent mod -- i'm really impressed!

12. bagman

bagman Minimodder

that light show was increadable
    love your work by the way

13. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

This art work was made by Ond for my aracade system. All Credit belongs to him with this and i must say im impressed .... It follows my these in every detail ...

I present my Logo made by Ond ...

[​IMG]

14. The boy 4rm oz

Now that is a sweet logo. Are you gonna engrave that onto a sheet of plexi or get it printed on paper?

15. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Hehe you read my mind, im going to engrave it onto the side window of the system and allso have it printed onto Protected vinal (this is were a extra layer goes over the top of the print to stop it being ruined) for the front of the system were you see my logo on the original 3d pics.

Last edited: 1 May 2009
  16. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I do love your mod it's a top job.
    Sorry i just couldnt justify to myself not posting this....
    Garry coleman?
    [​IMG]

17. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

As per req via pri messages and all so some other forums here some dubious pics of the innards of the control panel. Its not perfect by any means but i know were every thing belongs and what every thing does. all I need to add into the cp now is 2 more lights and all so a xbox 360 controller for wireless xbox remote. What you can see how ever is several converters , blue tooth for the Wii remote's and all so Hidden amount it all is a duel band links USB fob. I still need to order another 16 out put Leds controller as i have another 10 lights to fit which i haven't done just yet and some other small bits and bobs to finish off. This will all be sealed once it is finished to stop any trailing wire (all though im making there is none any way)..

Any way here you go for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a hell of a lot of system controls and various other parts crammed into a very small place.

In total there are 20 buttons each as 4 wire to the totaling 80 connection then each Joy stick has 8 wire that's another 23 connectors and then we have the spinner x4 and the track ball x12 and then the TFT x2 and the touch screen x1 so in total we have 130 wire's connected and still another 32 to (leds) to wire up .... Hence why it looks a little messy ...

I still haven't wired in the Nintendo Ds or PSP yet and some other controllers lol which all need to be routed to the Control panel as well.

Last edited: 1 May 2009
  18. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Oky last 48 hours i been hammering away at this thing to get the Cp in a near finished state. Tomorrow ill start work on the back box. Here are some more pics and Vid of the Cp working. some one posted saying the music to the Vid (not on this forum) was set up and it wasn't in sync thinking that the Leds are all pre programmed and not to music sooo ... ive posted a new vid to to null and void that point.

All so updated some pics of the Cp showing the lighting on the cp with the perspex now lit up. that all so goes to music but i forget to turn it on in the vid. You can see the lighting much better in life than what a cheap £50 camera can record but hay that's life i cannot afford to do this and by a camera at the same time.

Some of us are currently out of work hehe ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy cos now i have to get some sleep be fore i fall down and then start on the back box ...

19. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

wow... alot of wires.. lol!

nice work guys

20. ZeroX

ZeroX What's a Dremel?

Can you give me a link to the manufacturer, please