1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project C-Macc's 2 - Sub zero arcade system..... :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mayhem, 15 Jan 2009.

1. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

SPONSA!!!! lol hope so for your sake :)

2. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

No some thing thing better. I have some one who deals in gaming industry coming up to look at c-macc's and my ideas for such systems ...

Looking into developing my system and my ideas in to the market place and expanding on the possibility of my ideas. Ive been invited down to the factory and all so he coming to my home to see it all in action this weekend.

Basic -> A big big step forward.

3. DonT-FeaR

OH :O wow.. nice work dude.. good luck

4. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

This is called rushing to meet demands !!!!!!!

No back box fitted just yet nothing i can do to get that ready in time ...

32" Samsung TV fitted 1/2 complete assembly ...

Blew Up PC while rushing around and dropped screw driver on a live mother board haha. Not a problem though stolen one of the kids for the moment.

Cables from TV to System hidden for now with twist ties later on this will be done with plastic square tubing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At least you get the idea were its heading ....

5. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

Looks good, its gonna be darn nice!

6. Kewtdz

Kewtdz Hydros Core

Looking good!

7. bullseye

bullseye Who dares wins

Great work and good luck with the visit. well done :thumb:

8. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

thank you for all your support guys it all good ..

shame no sponsor will touch me with a barge pole as in water cooling sponsors or hardware sponsors ... Shame realy ...

more pics while i work all night lol ..

[​IMG]

You can see the shelf will hold a full pc with out any problems. This is fully retractable so it has easy access to the pc no messing around ;) ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will take a full size keybord and still enough room for the mouse as well.

[​IMG]

has a 15 degrees tilt system so the TV can be tilted and can hold up to a 60" plasma screen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Man that looks amazing. 5 stars from me.

10. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Ouch! I hope the hardware was old/cheap! <=/

I second this! *^_^* <----- (happy cheerleader cheering you on)

11. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

erm nope hehe

q6600 , Asus p5k perm, 6 gb ocz reaper and a few other bits and bobs but not a problem this is life, this is modding ... this is computers lol ....

Ive managed to get my hands on some spares from a mate and ive just payed for some second hand gear off ppl ... just my lass doesn't know lol ....

for now ive stolen one of my kids pc's .. they can have it back once ive rebuilt.

Last edited: 8 May 2009
  12. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

First we start with karaoke .. Sun fly disks playing ->

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we have Album Player with Mini Lyric's running on main screen and Album Player o the touch screen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we have Mame running ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then kids testing out the system ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've still not finished the back box due to money limitations and having to get new hardware. I will do that later on when i can afford to buy the electronics that i need to fit. Im all so going to work up a 2 player none Touch screen CP without the keyboard just to show how you can change the system to your own needs of the system. This will be 2 x thinner than the current cp. All so i can show how it only takes 1 min to swap out the control panels.

The possibilities are endless to what i can do to this frame work.. But the question would be "Would you have one of these in your home ?"

13. DonT-FeaR

very cool

i would have one hell yeah ... but the price tag attached wouldnt agree with me

14. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Well i an sell the frame separately.

I all so have designs for this frame so it does not have the arms and can be made into a "Games station" were the consoles go in the box and the TV is lifted off the floor making it a very fancy TV stand. No drilling into walls and perfect for any kids bed room ...

All so to top that off i have designs for 1/2 sized back box just for a Computer. I could make the CP into a shelf and then you would have a 32" work station !!!! Or !!! .. i love this idear ..

Imagine walking into a Lan with no tables .... This would save so much space ... You could line them up side by side with 1 plug per station and 1 lan port ...

I can make the width smaller to cope with 19" to 22" monitors and build in the speakers to the frame. Then just make a proper PC shelf with Plugs for ear phones and Mic's and USB ports to the PC inside the box.

So i could do a lot with the way ive built the frame and expand on them quite easily. The Base idea of the frame can be adopted in many way's.

Ops going off topic a bit here lol ...

15. The boy 4rm oz

Dude Iwould kill for one of those in my room lol, I will definitely have to give making one a shot some day.

16. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Just to let you all know C-Macc's 2 "May be" going into full production with very little changce apart from it all being cnc'ed and some of the controls being dulled down a little.

This is a May be. Ive been in talks with some company who shall rename nameless for now about this.

now some one vote for me on motm lol ....

Last edited: 12 May 2009
  17. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Well getting back up to speed my leds arrived this morning.

hehe i knew they were small but forgot how small they were.

I have ordered 500 SMD leds and here is the pic's and yes these are for C-Macc's.

[​IMG]

The pic is just show show you how small my Smd's really are

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All so Get various other leds 5mm / 3mm to try out some idea's that ill be attempting for the control panel. If what i have in mind works Then Its going to be a rite beauty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All so some other pics of some of the items i have now.

[​IMG]

If any one knows about xbox modding they will know what this is. Oh and no its not going into a xbox its going into my cp for some thing really nice.

Im still awaiting more of my orders to come before i proceed.

Dont you just hate it when ppl just plant photos online and then don't tell you what they are up to lol ...

Last edited: 15 May 2009
  18. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Oky some quick answers to some questions i got asked.

The Xerc CME Se is a controller for Light-Emitting Diode's. It has the ability to put light to music in various forms.

It can be controlled from a Infra red controller to out put various pre set patterns direct from any music source.

It can all so can be used as a Pulse to music. It can control as many Leds as you like providing you have the power to supply them.

It run's off 3.3v to 5v and if using 12V you will need to add a resistor to bring down the voltage or you WILL blow it.

It wasn't made for a pc but can easily be adapted to work with one. I will how ever be powering it from a separate power block and running it from the music signals that run into the TV. So it will dance to any music / sound that will be played through the TV system.

If you wanted you could use it to remotely turn on and off your PC but i am not doing that. The Xerc will have a switch to turn it off and on.

19. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Been having a Good think about the way im going to be setting up my leds and chaser set up.

Any way i have been thinking after looking around every one seems to use simple 1 colour set up were as i can go a bit mental and throw in a RGB led and make it look totally different. The only problem would be, it could possible look to much like Christmas has come early.

This would be the way i would be doing each string of RGB leds as a diagram but dont know if i should proceed this way.

[​IMG]

There would be 10 of these strings set up ... Hmm should i stick to maybe just red or should i go mental and do a full RGB spread ?

What do you people think ......

Last edited: 15 May 2009
  20. The boy 4rm oz

I'm not one for LEDs so I can't help you but I can say judging by what you have done already it will turn out beautifully.