1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : CopperHead: 6/4/09 Orange:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 27 Jul 2008.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Already bookmarked the link mate ;).

2. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Lol, change the world order :)
    I was a little bit busy, I was in need to change my work to have at least less than 14 hours of work per day... This wasn't so easy, but finally I found a new work, I've rearranged my lab and now I'm here :)
    Even I've mailed to Fred, I need to know the cost of this kind of wb , tnx for let me know his product!

3. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

hope its like ferrari and lambourghni VS audi and bmw...no contest:nono:!..!

it's gd to know that the Ybris blocks are from europe..means less shipping for me!!:rock:

Thanks for the link...:D

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

All the cool computer watercooling stuff is from Europe.. Well, except (IMHO) the Stinger's that will make there way into this project..
    I am very excited about Fred making me a X58 chipset block to match the CPU block.. He is a great guy, very EZ to work with..
    The list of very-cool Euro waterblocks is getting longer and longer. From Aqua-Computer; Ybris; Heatkiller; AlphaCool and EK ( to name a few).... BUT, none of them has the "one-off" "custom made" sexy-feel of da-stinger.. Made by a guy not a company. Made in a work-shop not in a factory.. Made in America... :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Jan 2009
  5. Stig

Stig What's a Dremel?

What are prices on those stingers like? I'd be interested if they weren't outlandish :)

6. modsquad

email Fred stig..
    there are a few options that affect the price (not the performance). The standard blocks are all-metal (copper base) (brass top) then Plexiglas or brass mounts.. Mine is all-polished-copper, including the mounts.. (more $)
    "outlandish".. not in my book.. looks ultra-sexy and can hold it's own against Danger Den; Swiftech and D-Tek blocks..
    MS

7. Stig

Stig What's a Dremel?

I sent him an email today - also asked about getting some X58 chipset blocks as well :) I look forward to hearing back from him. Those blocks look great! I also like that they're not mass produced - just a dude doing what he loves and is good at! Looking forward to seeing what yours look like once you get em :)

8. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Are there any tests/reviews of those Stinger blocks?

9. Stig

Stig What's a Dremel?

You're a lucky guy. I talked to him and he says he isn't making the X58 blocks yet :(

10. modsquad

Yep, mine will be the prototype. I just mailed him a bunch of X58 chipset templates and emailed him some MB pictures to work from. Fred has never done any chipset blocks, this will be the first.. :thumb:
    @ Neji :: sorry no test/reviews I know of.. Very few people even know Stinger blocks exist..
    Count yourself among the short-list..
    google "stinger waterblocks" to read more of what little information is available...
    This project log is 10th on that list and I only discovered Fred's work a few months ago.. These blocks are the definition of unique..
    As for me.. Having problems with my DSL. From 3000kbps to nothing at all, and back again..
    Don't be surprised or dismayed if you don't hear-back from me in the short-term..

[​IMG]

cool stinger-logo
    MS

Last edited: 8 Jan 2009
  11. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

Still lovin' the log, MS. Thanks for keeping it going.

12. modsquad

Thanks for following along head..
    This weekend was spent going back/forth with Freddie the Stinger..
    Details on both the X58 chipset block and the LGA1366 mounts
    he cut a set of mounts for another (all-copper) customer
    [​IMG]
    BUT, IMHO..
    the look is too boxy (less-sexy)..
    His older 775 mount was much-better.. I told him so, and hope for a rev2 LGA1366..
    I also talked him into joining bit-tech..:thumb: He did, but has yet to post..
    POST UP FRED..
    as for me.. started drinking today about 5PM.. 12AM.. DRUNK, DONE, need sleep..
    MS

13. The boy 4rm oz

I admit that bracket it a bit boxy. You could always mill some big holes in it for a bit of extra detail (and weight reduction). Post up Fred, I wanna hear what you have to say ;).

14. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

This wb seem so bulky...
    Maybe if Fred can do some holes or maybe some "arc" design the block will gain in my "wow effect" :)
    Anyway, all copper is too sexy, but maybe with black nuts?

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I don't mind it... it's pretty - like a butterfly.
    You could always engrave the "flanges"
    or just drill some divots in them like the block's interior
    or put some Enzotech heatsinks on the block itself

16. Predatator295

Predatator295 What's a Dremel?

As I ever said, u'r the best modder!!! really good job guy!

17. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

i have got to agree with Langer! in my opinion it looks very classy! to make it complete a custom engraving would finish it off!! yes it is alot of the same colour which can either add or detract from the most important quality: build quality!!!

the block may look bulky in the pic... but up close it will look fantastic... how many times have we all looked at something in a pic and then been pleasantly surprised by how good it looks up close??

either way i think it is as nice a piece of hardware and will fit in with the mod totally!!:D

aint that the good thing about custom parts? there like marmite! u either love or hate it!;)

18. modsquad

Your giving my more credit than I am due Predat..
    I only discovered the stinger-blocks.. If only I could make something that sweet..
    I have been emailing back/forth with fred stinger, he is VERY receptive.. A pleasure to work with. My LGA1366 mounts will look like the LGA775 ones he crafted for my copper-stinger
    [​IMG]
    like so.. Fred is willing to work with his customers. He has an open-mind when it comes to design.
    I am sorry to say I have done nothing in the way of modding.. Weather in Chicago has been horrendous.. 12 inches of snow fell over the weekend and today.. A cold-snap (below 0) set to follow in the next few days then more snow...:waah:
    [​IMG]
    my view exiting my castle
    [​IMG]
    my poor little hot-rod
    [​IMG]
    take care guys.. shoveled snow like (8) times in the last 72 hours.. Modding is on the back-burner.. Just trying to survive and get past this ****-weather..
    MS

Last edited: 13 Jan 2009
  19. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

You live in Chicago? I live about an hour and a half's drive west of you (when I'm not at college, anyway, like I'm not now). Got the same snow and everything. The weather SUCKS up here. :sigh:

(Nice waterblock, btw. :thumb:)

- Diosjenin -

20. The boy 4rm oz

Glad to hear you resolved your mounting plate issues. I wish we had snow like that where I am in Australia :(.

Tags: