1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Covert - Adam's Story (Text update 20/12)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Adam, 26 Nov 2002.

1. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Ok here begins the greatest story ever told. It's a moving tale about one boy and his Coolermaster... Ok I'll stop there.

Today a large package arrived on my doorstep sporting about 50 Coolermaster logos.

[​IMG]

With eager anticipation I tore open the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The coolermaster was superbly packaged as I had expected. On retrieving the Coolermaster from the box I was surprised to find all of the bay covers intact! I had heard about a change in policy but I thought it was just a myth. In my wisdom I had ordered a spare bay cover, so I now find myself with six. Ah well not the end of the world is it?

Onto the case itself..
    [​IMG]

First impressions -

Damn it's small!
    Wow it looks amazing!
    Ooh its cold!

On examining the case more closely, I have to admit that the build quality of the case is not what I had imagined it to be from reading all of the many reviews. Another thing I didn't realise before I bought the case is that the power buttons are PLASTIC :eeek:

But anywho, I do realise this is the "project logs" forum and not the "show everyone your coolermaster" forum, so I suppose I should talk about my planned mods.

As you can probably tell from the name, the keyword is "stealth". I'm trying to create an almost silent PC, but still retain my respectable overclock on my XP1600. Secondary to that, I also want my case to look the part. I'm not going to deviate too much from the standard look of my Coolermaster, but rest assured there will be cosmetic mods too.

I hope to be making an update tomorrow when more supplies arrive. Sorry if the above sounded rather disjointed, I'm not feeling too brilliant today and I am in a state of shock from receiving my first EVER ally case.

EDIT: Just noticed how terrible the pics are. Sorry about that, must have been the excitement causing my hand to shake - or possibly just my uber poor digicam.

EDIT 2: Last pic fix0red. Sorry don't have any money left for a tripod, I've just spent all my money on things for this case, and I still need more.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2002
  2. Slink

Slink B7

nice choice of case, but for the love of god man, use a tripod >_<

3. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

tripodman :naughty:

nice case

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Nice case but the clear PC ruled more!

5. billy beard

billy beard What's a Dremel?

may i enquire into the price of that beauty?

6. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Ok time for an update!

I've just been to b&q and come home with this

[​IMG]

I know its not a proper dremel but it was only £15! My first dremel, I'm so happy :rock:

Now for the first mod....

I've already removed the front intake fan

[​IMG]

I'm about the start dremeling something, can anyone guess what?

With regarded to the question from the bearded man in the corner, I'm afraid I'm not for sale.

The case however was £200 from kustompcs.co.uk

7. billy beard

billy beard What's a Dremel?

im gonna change that avatar people are beginning to think its me

8. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

i have that dremel wannabe cost me £13 from focus doitall :D it does rock for what it is

9. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Do they fit normal dremel bits ? I might go get one to go alongside my trusty cordless dremel :)

10. Adam

Adam Minimodder

I hope so, I've just broken the cutting disk attachment on mine :(

11. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

i got one of them, i broke my attachment too, luckily all of the dremel bits do fit in it.

12. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Ok time for another small update while I'm waiting for the rest of the bits to arrive.

On the way back from college I paid a visit to B&Q to pick up some dremel bits. I was a little shocked when I had to pay £8 for a tiny pack of cutting disks but they are so much better than the rubbish that came with the tool itself.

Yesterday, I was looking at the front USB ports on my ATC-101, wondering what I could do with them. I knew I didn't need them to connect USB equipment as I prefer to connect things to the back where I have 6 ports anyway. I had seen the CF reader mods, but I don't use CF. :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I hit upon this rather simple, but pretty effective idea. Unlike a lot of people, I find myself having to use a floppy drive occasionally, but I couldn't think of a nice way to stealth it. Until now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cuts may not be perfect but I'm fairly pleased with my first dremel experience :D

13. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

would have been cheaper buying another dremel than those bits everytime :D looking good btw ;)

14. CellDamage

CellDamage What's a Dremel?

you need more light on those pics, the floppy drive is a very ingenious idea, never ever would've thought of that...

15. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

Excellent Idea. Keeps it out of the way too so you can stick stuff in the floppy bays.

16. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Looking good so far :D

17. Adam

Adam Minimodder

I'm still waiting for the rest of the components of my case. Thanks to flix for the 120mm fan that came today though :). I wanted to do a little more today so I cut a rather nice hole in my Q-tec 550w using my new dremel cutting disks. It took about 6 disks to achieve this..

[​IMG]

I'm sure you can probably guess why I've done this, but for those of you who can't I'll be making a BIG update on saturday/sunday - parcel2go permitting :rock:

18. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

nice hard disk there mate...:p

looking good sofar...

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Adam: dremel is as dremel does (or it's not the price of your tool, it's what you do with it!) :p

The stealth floppy is mega-inspired!

20. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Early morning update. I've finally received some goodies in the post....

[​IMG]

It is second hand, but I swapped it for a p4t, p4 1.4, 256mb RIMMs and a case so I didn't have to spend any extra money.

And here's the stuff going into the system

[​IMG]

Asus A7V333, XP1600 (did 1.837 on air), 256mb Crucial PC2700, Matrox G550, Soundblaster 1024, 'Cuda IV 80gb, Q-tec 550w.

Cya soon, gotta go mutilate my coolermaster some more :rock: