1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Hmm.. hard question... They sure look great! :thumb: but If you want to use it as an effective fan you should pick another one.. It is very quiet, and since I'm just using it because of the looks, I didn't care much for the cfm..

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Ya i think those fans look dead sexy, but i dont have to funds to buy 5 of them for my case. I dont even have enough to buy one after i buy my lighted bulgin switch for $19.50. [OFF_TOPIC] Anyone know where i can fing a blue one for under $19.50?[/OFF_TOPIC]

3. Acid Burn

I haven't seen that button any cheaper... sorry.

Guess what! I'm out of cutting discs!! luckily My dad is in germany today and he said he could buy some duscs for me so I'll have them in a few hours :) (I think I'm finished with nost of the cutting so it isn't really a big problem, though ;))

4. Acid Burn

Update!
    Today I have only cut holes for the fans in the back.. I also found out that 2 out of 10 LEDs were green!! the remaining 8 are yellow/green (almost like piss).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Piss colored LED
    [​IMG]

Green Led (In real life it is not that kind of green... it is the same green as the mup flap girl grill.)
    [​IMG]

I pinted the LEDs towards the wall about half a meter away...

Yellow:
    [​IMG]

Green:
    [​IMG]

I THINK there has been a mistake when the guys packed my stuff...

now... I live in belgium, and frozen cpu is in the US... I think I have to send them a mail explaining everything...

5. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

I do hope you are gonna paint the chasis again :p

Cheers,
    Mike

6. Acid Burn

hehe of cource I am ;)

7. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

Your piss LED looks green to me, and your "Green" LED looks aquamarine blue to me...so dunno... :wallbash:

8. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

You wanna see a doctor about that if it's that colour

9. Acid Burn

like I said... the pictures does NOT show the ACTUAL color of the LEDs (don't ask me why;))... you are right, in the pictures they look aqua green/blue and green, but in real life they look piss yellow and real green... :thumb:

Last edited: 22 Jun 2004
  10. Acid Burn

After I had cut the holes, I practiced to engrave the dragon which will be engraved in the top window... this dragon is much more complicated that the one in the front door... I tried with a smaller engraving tool so I could try all the really detailed parts of the dragon.

[​IMG]

The back of the dragon doesn't look too great in my eyes, so I have to work on that one....

11. SFOD-D LoneWolf

Really pro dremel skills :rock:

MOD ON :dremel:

Cheers,
    Mike

12. Acid Burn

thanks pal :)

I just eluminated the dragon with the REAL green led and it looks sweet :D but, since neither my web cam nor my ixus 400 can show the actual color, I won't post the pic...

I find it "strange" that frozen cpu didn't post the color of the leds. maybe they couldn't capture the real color either.. Well it has to be something wrong anyway, because I wasn't supposed to get two different colors ;) So I will write them a mail explaining the situation :)

13. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

What is this mysterious colour you speak of which no lens can properly capture? :D :D :D

Frankly it would cost more to send the LED's back to them than it would be to order new ones. Maybe if they admit their mistake they'll send you replacements for free? :idea:

14. Acid Burn

hehe I don't know.. but something is wrong with my camera, that's for sure..

yeah that's what I'm hoping for... that's what they should do at least... it would just be just good service.. :)

15. Acid Burn

Today I have just cut a 120mm hole in the bottom of my case.. is is for the fan which shall blow air through the radiator placed on top of it (obviously)..

It was harder than I had expected, because I cut it from the inside, using a dremel. That's why is isn't a perfect circle (although I'm sure I couldn't make a perfect circle even if I had cut it from the other side ;)).
    I wonder if I shall place some mesh between the hole and the fan. Although no one but me will know it's there :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace out!

16. Acid Burn

Today I haven't done any modding, but I have setup the watercooling to check for any leaks in the blocks. My cousin arrived today with my polyester.. It was supposed to be polyester putty, but maybe it will work with only polyester too... (I definately hope so).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have seen many modders on this forum have posted pics of their pets... So I'll post a pic of my pet :) my cousin (in her favorite outfit :D)
    [​IMG]

17. Acid Burn

I forgot to say... As you can see, I have only one radiator in this setup. this is because I'm going to extend the system later. I'm going to buy two hdd water blocks.. :baby:

18. SFOD-D LoneWolf

I'd buy a GPU water block.

What rad is that?
    Black Ice PRO?

Cheers,
    Mike

19. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Looks good acid!
    The mesh could be cool, exept you wont see it, use some dust filters instead...
    A 120mm fan wil suck a lot of dust in to your radiator, and it can get reaaaaly if theres no airflow... (and radiators are a bitch to clean)

Keep it up, gonna look phat

edit: youre "pet" has the wrong outfit, the color is ok but this is the right one :p

20. Acid Burn

Lonewolf: The one in the setup as it is now is a HW-labs Black Ice Xtreme, But the one that will cool the hdd's is a DD Black Ice Pro.

Setup now:
    Pump- xtreme (rad)-Cpu-NB-Water tank-pump.

Setup later:
    Pump- Xtreme-Cpu-Nb-Pro-hdd-hdd-tank-pump.

Maybe I'll throw a DD maze 4 gpu block in there when I can afford it... :)

Balder: there is only one team. Vålerenga (norwegian team)...
    I think it would be smart to have a dust filter underneath my rad. The problem is to find one.. I have to cheak in the lokal store :idea:

Thanks for the relies guys! I thought I was all alone for a while there...