1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

:D I'm back....

I see that you're project is comming along very nicely, keep it up.

Cheers,
    Mike

2. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

hmmm never did like frozen cpu i allways thought that they added the shipping cost onto the advertised cost of everything they sell, if your still having problems with LEDs check out www.superbrightleds.com iv heard good things from them and they have a wide variety of colors and such there. and for all my other stuff i go to www.svc.com

3. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

thanks for all the replies guys :D

Cool to hear that there are people here, looking like me :hehe:

Thanks for the suggestion Adamjones :p but I have sent them a mail telling them that I can send the wrong LEDs back, in exchange for LEDs with the correct color (I am too nice... I should have demanded some stuff for free).

Good to have you back Lone-wolf :D where have you been?

731N37, thanks :) I feel kind of bad, for giving Frozen cpu a bad reputation... I'll check out the sites you gave me :)

Today I have tried some ideas for how I am going to hide the cables in my case. I found out that I should sleeve some fan cables too. I have also figured out a good way to noise damnpen my hard drives (with mats). '¨

I'll post a picture now :thumb:

4. Acid Burn

Fans sleeved

Like I said in the previous post, I have been thinking of how to hide the cables in my case. I found out that i couldn't hide the calbes from the 2 80 mm fans in the back, so I decided to sleeve them. I have also cut some of the noise dampening mats, so they will fit my hard drives. I will probably not glue them to the hard drives, but to the case, since I might want to use the hard drives in other projects that might not have the room for mats. ( I have allready made sketches for my next mod ;))

well.. enough talk:

[​IMG]

pretend that the fan control is a hard disk :thumb: I have only one spare disk, and I didn't care enough to take out one of the disks I use in my other computer...
    [​IMG]
    (yes I have noticed the powder looking like rust on the inside of the blocks, but it is just dry water dye, and I have cleaned it out now :) )

oh.. and I know that the floppy drive is begging for a coat of color. :)

5. 731|\|37

thanks i feel special now :clap:

don't feel bad about it... its what happened and they deserve it for their lack of customer support besides i still think they are overpriced

6. Acid Burn

OMG

Oh My God!! Got an answer to my mail, from frozen cpu today!!
    THEY WANT ME TO SEND THE WRONG LEDS BACK!!

They mannage to send me wrong LEDs 2 freakin' times, and now they want me to send the wrong ones back, instead of just send me new ones!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

:grr:

7. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah What's a Dremel?

They are insane it would only cost you more. And the will probaly not pay for the shipping wil they?

Hope you will get new ones without out any more problems.

8. Acid Burn

well they will pay for the LEDs, but it will probably be more expensive for them to ship the LEDs back and send me new ones.. than just send me new ones... :duh:

9. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

I would look elsewhere for the parts needed. That many mistakes would just move them to the bottom of my list.

10. Acid Burn

in the furture I might.. :)

but come to think of it.. seen from the Frozen cpu perspective; "This guy might be bluffing... ok, we'll make him send them back, so we can check them. " This perspective justifies it. but I still think they could give me some compansation for the mistake.. after all, I'm soon finished with the top, and then I am going to insert the window and the LEDs... I am soon finished with the dragon door aswell, so then I will insert the window and the leds there also... and without LEDs, I can't insert them can I?

But I am going to keep some of the ones I'll use for the top, and send the rest back.

Cheers

11. 731|\|37

<IMO>
    th this point go to a new reseller and keep the LEDs arround in teh parts bin (with the correct label of course :hehe: )
    </IMO>

12. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

Hmmm
    lsdiodes seems like the way to go, buy from them, IMO much better and much cheaper!

as for the dampening hdd...thats going to get really really hot.

13. Acid Burn

That's why I have got watercooled hard drives... you can see the blocks on each side of the hard drives:) Soon I'll get a thermometer that I am going to attach underneath one of the mats, to see if the blocks get too hot. thanks for the consern though :thumb:

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You read my mind. LSDiodes is the only place for LEDs :)

15. deadly-app

acid, yeha i noticed the blocks, but from my experiences there is a lot more heat on the top then the sides...
    i dunno you will only know once you try it out.

16. Acid Burn

ok :) a friend of mine has the same blocks. and he covered them in mats aswell.. they were quite cool because the heat is transported to the sides because of the metal plate on the top. this make the metal plate work as a heat sink :)

can someone give me the url to LSDiods? i have tried many combinations, but i can't find it.

17. deadly-app

18. Acid Burn

forgot the "e"... :blush:

19. BlueDragon

BlueDragon What's a Dremel?

20. Nevex

Nevex What's a Dremel?

Who the heck uses floppies? :p