1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. H2O-G33K

H2O-G33K What's a Dremel?

The fan grill looks great - keep it on!

2. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

:read: I'm going to use bondo or putty on the gaps between the bars, so the grinds won't be visible... The front will of course be painted black (now it's gray). :)

3. Acid Burn

Thanks H2O:)
    As it stands right now, I'm going to insert a window in my front door and keep the fan girll :D

4. Chief752

Chief752 What's a Dremel?

I'll second that!

5. Acid Burn

Ok chief :) now there are 2 for the grill an 0 against :D

Wanna hear somehing cool? Since half past 4, night to monday (today), my projects has been viewed 735 times!!!! The "views" counter restarted when the kind admin Big Z helped me add a poll to my log :) (hehe the admin was still on the irc channel when I contacted him at 4 o'clock last night :lol:)

Last edited: 31 May 2004
  6. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

yeah keep it dude! its cool!

(dont worry people are paying attention :D)

oh yeah and the mod :rock: :rock: :rock:

:thumb:

RoB

7. modz-a-lot

modz-a-lot What's a Dremel?

:idea: as its a dragon, it would look really cool to have a small smoke machine in it, i'd also suggest a flame thrower, but that's a little too extreme :D

8. Acid Burn

Hahahaha good idea! :D but I don't think it will fit though :p

Thanks for the support phase :)

BTW; I'm thinking about maybe inserting the water tank into the 3,5" slots instead of making a backet for it... because that way I will really save a lot of space. If I go fo that solution, I'm going to cut out a slot in the back, on top if the psu, for my floppy drive (although I never use it, it's nice to keep it or what?).
    But I'm wondering where I'll put my fan controlling device... maybe I'll just throw one of these in, in my order.

What y'all think about it?

9. modz-a-lot

modz-a-lot What's a Dremel?

i guess u could make ur own smoke machine. all u need to do, is run it through a tube that would boil/evaporate the smoke fluid. if u let ur cpu get hot enough, you could use that! jk

10. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

IMHO, yes you should keep it! :clap:
    BTW, i love those Chieftech mods! :naughty: :naughty:

11. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Keep the grill, bro! I like that look! :thumb:

Looking good!

12. papeniglio

papeniglio Minimodder

really like the grill... Keep it and go on :clap: :clap:

13. Acid Burn

OK I will keep the grill then :D

Hmm... 12 to 11 on the window poll... and I voted for the window... well since the window is going to be kind of small, and I'm going to bondo the door smooth around the window I think I'm going for the window... (but I'm not going to but the plexi/acryl/lexan til friday... so I still have time to change my mind :))

14. DreamModder!

DreamModder! What's a Dremel?

i did the same misstake as you did, I was cutting a big window in my servercase and cut too mutch :wallbash: so now i cant close it, but i will try to do as your frind told you it might work.

nice case, keep it up! :clap:

15. Acid Burn

Thanks pal :) Glad I could help you :thumb:

16. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Hey, that front blowhole looks really good, I wasn't sure what it would look like at all, trouble is, I'm to damn proud to copy someone else so now I can't do that to my case damn you! ;)
    Personally I like the grill on the front, my only opinon would be that, now you've got two different grills on different parts of your case (that I can remember, the woman on the radiator fan I think, I don't remember seeing any more in your pictures). Personally, and this is just what I think, feel free to do what you want. Personally I'd try and get the same grill on all the fans, or at least similar ones, at the moment all the different styles make it look a bit confusing. If all the fans carried the same themes as each other and the rest of the case it would all tie together nicely.
    but anyway, i don't know what i'm talking about so whatever, it's looking really good so far, and I recon the idea of a window in the front is a good idea, looking forward to seeing how you do that, I'm learning a lot and it's giving me ideas of what to do to my dragon.

17. Acid Burn

Hehe I don't mind as long ass you don't copy my dragons and my design :)

I think you're right. that woman doesn't fit the theme... maybe I should buy another blade grill... The reason I don't have a dragon grill on the bottom radiator is that I haven't found a 120mm dragon gill... I could make my own dragon grill... but I don't have the dremel skills required to make it... at least not yet.

What y'all think about the grill? do you think I should buy anoter blade grill or should keep the green-glowing-mup-flap-girl?

I'm glad I inspire you! :D

18. Acid Burn

Hi! since my exam is on friday, I don't have time to work on my project.. but I have finally got hold of a poster printer program, so I have printed out the dragon that will be cut out on the side panel.

Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if I should draw the dragon ontop of the masking tape, or if I should just cut through the paper... Any one got an idea on how to cut it?

19. bamsefar

bamsefar What's a Dremel?

Sweet!
    Did you draw it yourself? If so, SWEET!
    What exactly are you going to cut out? The marked areas?
    Or is it going to be engraved into the window?
    (Lots of questions there)

Over to your question, if you tape it so it won't move you'll be fine, but that's my experience.

20. Acid Burn

well. to be totally honest, I didn't draw it myself... I'm going to cut out the dragon (the areas marked black and the three white squares. I'm going to cut it out of the side panel, not engrave it :) ( That would leave too much of the inside visible ;)

Thanks for the answerm, I think I will go for that solution if no one else come up with a suggestion :) If anyone else got any ideas please tell me.
    :thumb: