1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

more sponsership

Well i though you all may be interested to know that i have gained two more sponsers

foxconn motherboards

[​IMG]

who are provide a renasance m/board

[​IMG]

and also scythe cooling
    [​IMG]

who are providing fans for my build

[​IMG]

when they arrive will update with better pics....
    in the mean time just waiting for some parts to arrive for the gull wing doors so should be fittined in next few days or early next week.......well off to work now!!!

so cheers Andrew from foxconn and Stefen from scythe......really apprichiated!!!

Last edited: 18 Dec 2008
  2. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

Fibreglass maddness!

wow an actual update!! well got a day off today from my busy life as a chef! so though i would do something practical.....

the front facia of the build has been grinding on me for past few weeks as everytime i walk past its been staring at me blankly....no expression just dull.. so thought it was time to start.

ok well i have a sheet of ac ryan modders mesh that came in very usefull. as i didnt want to start buying some tubing and finding out that it wont fit........ i thought id just do it myself...Mnptech style!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this shows basicly that i cut the mesh and rounded it into shame...nothing special....

ummm duck tape madness
    [​IMG]

what these are the Headlight tops if you were that will sit around the top ot the holes when complete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok well first layer has been put on......its a samn messy buisness fibre glass nd also gets you high....no seriously given me headache...so leaving it 30mins before i go back to it... just enough time to enjoy a pint!!!
    [​IMG]

also thought id quickly put this as well...graphics card

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i will be replacing the vapor x cooling system with some nice new nickle plates from ek when some more money come to me!
    well will update again tonight most likley with more fibre glass related happenings!!
    cheers all....

3. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

Rocking scythe fans!!!

well as i was playing with the fibre glass today i had a nice visit form the local delivery guys!!! so firstly i really wanna thank scythe cooling again for there donations! couldnt do it without you guys!! they are all 1850rpm fans so gonna fly when i fianlly turn them on :naughty:

[​IMG]

ok so here are my new rad fans!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i receieved 5 of them with will cool my rads...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so again stefan! its really apprichiated big time!!! you guys rock out!!:rock:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Dec 2008
  4. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

fibre glass mess!

ok so finished with the fibre glass for today!! have to admit it looks a mess at the moment but should look really good with the finished product!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this will need to cure for tonight now..so next time i get some time free i will apply a new layer and then prepare for sanding....

really shocked at how damn messy this stuff is! still worth it i recon should mold really nicley into the facia

5. spudevo

spudevo New Member

keep it up dude wanna see more

6. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

an evening with filler

well its the end of the week and most likely my last update untill after xmas. so i thought i would share with you all the joys of my labour...............ok maybe thats a little of an overstatment.

basically i had enough of the fibre glass it was starting to do my head in. what with the mess the smell......basically its nasty stuff. so i popped out to my local car repair shop and picked up so isopon p38 easysand filler. nd it does exactly what it says on the tin...

so have curved out all the head light effect intakes....it still needs something to give it that super smoth finish tho....take a look s far

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and with 2 cheap fans

[​IMG]

ive decide that i'm gonna put another rad behind these two fans that will cool the chips set and maybe the ram if there is a block out for triple way ram in upcomming month. the rad will be a dual 80mm type like this
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...m_Radiator_Black_w_Customizable_Fittings.html

seems like it will do the job nicley.
    all i need to do now is find someone in the local area that does some laser or water cutting as having a custom front grill made up....pics to follow soon.

also still waiting for a few other things to arrive that will enable me to complete the gull wing doors...hopefully another update on that shortly

untill then every1 have a good christmas!

Last edited: 21 Dec 2008
  7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

8. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

lmfao :hehe: its so true!!!

9. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

slow going

well a small update for you all...

been a tough few days as works been full on and its new years eve tomorrow:clap: but i thought you would like to see what arrived in the post today.....no not grapghics cards or water block but a T-balancer bigNG which has cheered me up no end as i cant go doing my modding at night as im usually to tired and the neigbours! but never the less a few photos are in order

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i also ordered a dual 12inch white cathodes which will be sitting under the chasis to give the underglow street car look.

in mean time tho i have ordered lots of acrylic so that should arrive soon and some nice new bolts. heres an idea of what im planning, its not fantastic but i think it looks ok so far

[​IMG]

im just having a issue with what resevoirs to go for now as cash is tight. either the bay ones with pumps from xspc or the ones ek shown in pic with liang pumps and acrylic tops?:wallbash:

again still waiting for a few things to get to me for my gull wing doors :grr: which is starting to prove more difficult than i anticipated. as getting the correct bracket for the gas struts is provong tricky!!

untill next time folks....when hopefully you'll see things coming together!:clap:

10. -=ice=-

-=ice=- New Member

I kinda lost interest in modding PC cases a while ago, still like to look at what people are doing though as the techniques are great for other things, one thing i'll say about this one, that Foxconn mobo is the prettiest I've seen in years :blush:

Keep up the good work :clap:

11. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

ummm power!!

well its late here about 1.30 in the morning. and only got out of work 2 hours ago so no real update as such

but i ahve ordered this!!!

[​IMG]

its a Kingwin ABT-1000MA1S 1000W Mach 1 Modular Power Supply which i picked up at a bargain-tastic price of bout £80. i will be changing the sleaving to white tho as will stand out a little bit more...

but alas i am having an issue with trying to locate some aluminium spacers for bolts. they need to be able to cover my 4mm bolts as using them on the inside of the case to use here like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cant seem to find any in uk loads in america but not willing to pay shipping cost of $50 :nono:

more updates to come tuesday!!!! cheers guys

12. bradders2125

bradders2125 New Member

Have you thought about getting an aluminium bar and cutting it to fit. Might be easier to get hold of.

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Dare I say it... You could go to a hobby shop and buy some plastic beads...

14. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Certainly living up to your name there Cheaps, excellent idea really.
    This mod is great, really wanna see the finished product as I think it could be something real amazing. Big congrats on all the sponsors aswell, good on ya!

15. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

hey guys cheers for comments........ must say i was looking at this as well... plastic may be way forward and sprayed silver or something... few deliveries coming hopefully tomorrow so will keep everyone up to speed on progress.

again thanks for the interest in this:thumb:

16. highgeere

highgeere Not quite there.

I was having trouble finding the exact aluminum spacers I needed online(even in the US), but I ended up finding a good selection at my local mom and pop hardware store. If you haven't explored that option yet, it might be worth a shot.

17. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

hey all again

*highgeere* checked it out already nothin....doesnt help im stuck in a small welsh town!!!

ok then well had a few deliveries today so well happy today

firstly at 7am my acrylic sheets arrived!!!

[​IMG]

its black and orange tint. started with this today but messed up in may haste and snapped the part i was working on :grr: doesnt help its -2 in my garage:brrr:! aint to sure now to either bend a "U" shape to cut off the main motherboard chamber or to cut individual peices and bolt them together? what you guys think???

well during my early morning mishaps these parts also arrived

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a slot loading slim line dvd writer but will need one of these to work with my mobo

[​IMG]

so i'll buy that later on deciding where to put this now. as either way i'll be making some sort of mounting bracket thinking of maybe vertically mounted on the side of the front drive bays under the panel shown in my last post.

next was my psu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im gonna replace the currant braiding for this

[​IMG]
    think it will off set it better and it means i can cluster them in each cable in two's

well lastly i couldnt resist these at £8 each on ebay.....little bit bigger than thought but aint complaining. will have to find a new location for them thats all

[​IMG]

and replace the barbs.

well i'm gonna go do some work now get things moving on

till next time

Last edited: 6 Jan 2009
  18. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

just caught this mod..

its looking gd and i love the idea!

are you still using the cupboard hinges for the doors?

19. ry@n

ry@n Well-Known Member

Nice sponsors!

I like what you've done so far with this mod, Can't wait to see the front finished.

20. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 New Member

plastic buisness

hi all

*spenc259* - cheers man, yeah still using those hinges but aint giving to much away yet:naughty:

*ry@n* - cheers apprichiated i cant wait either lol

well thismorning started with a new outlook on my distaster of plastic from yesterday and this is what i achieved. i was distract alot by mothers, brothers and the pub :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i also started doing some cable sleeving but really not that happy with it. just not white enough for me. but i cant seem to find anymore in the uk that isnt in this kit for. just want 1/8" any ideas where i could locate this?? that nd it looks c**p

[​IMG]

cheers all