1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:Hyooj

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ouija, 22 Feb 2003.

1. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

PCLincs mate. :thumb:

2. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I originally saw it on PClincs but the image was Version 1, so I was going to contact them and check that it is Version 2

3. ouija

Ok, so I've finished drilling the faceplate for the Audigy. I have something else planned for it, but that will have to wait. I'll post pics when the replacement knobs arrive.

4. ouija

Although I will be getting a new motherboard for this case soon, the current one will be put to good use in my LAN project. Both this motherboard and the new one when I get it requires some additional cooling :naughty:

[​IMG]
    A C3 heatsink from KustomPCs

[​IMG]
    Closeup

Another one like this plus a slightly shorter one and that's the MOSFET cooling taken care of. This heatsink is 40mm high and was a nightmare to get even a 40mm cutting disc in because the base is 8mm thick.

5. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

umm.. I'm not sure you noticed... but you're using the wrong side of the ruler. See where it says inches... :D

JK Great looking mods BTW. Just gotta spread some love man.. :thumb:

6. ouija

It's a rule, not a ruler ;)
    It was only for size comparison, and we use centimeters not inches. :rock:

:p

7. Jack

Jack Minimodder

yeah CM all the way :rock:

bahhh to inch' :lol:

8. ouija

My new PSU arrived today :clap:

550w Antec TruePower

[​IMG]
    Cool look, decent weight. Nice solid PSU

[​IMG]
    80mm clear exhaust fan

[​IMG]
    92mm clear intake fan

[​IMG]
    Braided motherboard cables :D

[​IMG]
    Black molex connectors and gold pins! :rock:

I was unaware of the black molex connectors when I bought it. Definately worth £86. I also got some more rubber washers and some Akasa PaxMate to quieten the HDD cage a little. Pics very soon :thumb:

9. ouija

I've just powered on the PSU... you would not BELIEVE how silent this thing is! Beats a £32 Q-tec any day (was only temporary anyway). I'm sure my fan bearings are away :hehe:

I'm not sure if I should braid it just now or install it first and braid it another time.

10. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

I'd braid it first. I know you're probably eager to install it but it'll be worth doing it now rather than later.

11. ouija

LAN on Saturday. So much to do.

Hmm... I'm also annoyed about the way the cables come from the PSU. All the ground cables are together, all the 5v are together etc. It causes a tangle at the PSU end. I'm tempted to open it up and remove the extra cables. This isn't a problem on a cheapo PSU, but if this thing fails I have no warranty.

My decision to make a custom wiring loom is also being questioned. The molexes are such high quality that they would cost quite a bit to replace and I don't fancy removing the wires from the pins to re-use.

12. ouija

Ok, so I finished the audigy plate and installed it today. My knobs arrived, but they sent black instead of bare alu. Looks ok though. Maybe I'll get replacements another time. My double sided foam also arrived which is what I used to attach it. The rectangular hole hasn't been filled in yet. Here's some pics...

[​IMG]
    Entire front... nearly done

[​IMG]
    Closeup

[​IMG]
    Angled shot

In case you're wondering why I cut a rectangle out where the logo was, here's the reason. There has to be a hole for the IR sensor. This is normally tinted. I will be filling the hole with thin plexi. First I'll tint the inside of the plexi, mask off:

a) A circle for the IR sensor
    b) An exact copy of the Audigy 2 logo

I will paint over the masks with black paint and remove the masks, leaving me with a tinted logo. When off, it will just look black. When the PC is on, a blue LED will light the logo :p

I'll obviously have to keep the IR sensor and logo seperate so the blue light doesn't leak out anywhere.

13. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

Very nice. That looks fantastic mate. The amount of cases I've seen with an Audigy drive that sticks out like a sore thumb. Yours just blends in seamlessly :thumb:

14. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

very good work :thumb: I love the design you gave to window and tank, simple and original GG

15. ouija

In my haste to get the exhaust hole cut out for the LAN tomorrow, I went past the mark where I was meant to stop and cut a curve. Instead I've went right up to the rectangle's corner. I really should have marked it better. Now I have to find somewhere to get a replacement top panel.

16. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

lloooking good.

17. MarcelloRupelli

MarcelloRupelli What's a Dremel?

Dang, that sucks about the top panel. Can you post a pic? Maybe there's a way to work it into the design :) Otherwise, you might be in trouble if there's a lan tomorrow.

18. ouija

It looks fine as a rectangular hole, but that's not what I wanted. I'm trying to source another top panel, but it'll be fine for the LAN. I'll post pics of the case at the LAN when I get back ;)

19. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

Would anybody know a place is aus where i could get those Power and Reset switches :lol:
    i've been looking for months :grr:

20. fonts

fonts What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:
    very nice