1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Stealthlow - Completed - preview of project next

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 30 Nov 2010.

1. morbid_looney

morbid_looney What's a Dremel?

im now sitting on a laptop outside so the screen aint great but it still looks awsome.
    great case!!

2. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

The new lighting looks very good

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

looks awesome

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Cheers Fuganater, nicer than a bunch of highly detailed info :D I stuck tiny labels underneath them all so I know which is which :).

Thanks Nutman :), I'll be sure to get better shots of it all though over the next day or 2.

Thank you morbid_looney :D.

Cheers Razer I installed the rest of the lighting just now & the white led strip was just too bright & I didn't like it much at all really so I had in mind to buy some tinting film to lower the brightness but I can't be bothered with more waiting for bits :D so I got the sata sleeving & did the strip & it is now nice & definitely more to my liking so I think I can call it completed now, just need to do final photo shoots :thumb:.

Thank you bagman :thumb:.

Now I need to tidy up all over the place my room is an absolute mess so think I'll be busy doing that for the rest of the day :lol: & then I can get to work on doing the final photos :thumb: but holy moly it is awesomely good to really have it completed now :eeek::jawdrop::D.

Started end of November & just finished up now, was a fair bit of time when I couldn't do anything on it either through life stuff or waiting for bits/materials or having to remake bits to get them just right but that flipping main window curve was a huge learning curve since I never even bent acrylic before :D I believe that piece was the most difficult learning curve so far in modding for me :D wouldn't have been so tough to do if I'd have kept it internal but chose the difficult way :D but learnt more from going that way :).

Anyway final photos coming very soon :thumb:.

5. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Have to say Waynio I think this is by far one of this years top builds! Cant wait to see it gracing magazines and webspace once those final photos are up :D

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Great lighting!

7. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

That looks sweeet :thumb:

8. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

I agree HDD's look really good.

Have a happy photo shot :)

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I love the new lighting effects there bro, I would love to see some more clear lights inside the main chamber where the mobo is and maybe even try some uv lighting maybe it will give a nice contrast along with the smoke acrylic windows! :)

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:blush::D:rock: Cheers Ed it's sooo nice to have this completed now :D.

:D That was just the enermax apollish fans I added a few led's & a white led strip since but shots of that will have to be done tonight :) cheers KidMod :).

Ohhhh wait til you see the finished photos mate :D:rock: cheers Graham :thumb:.

1 of 3 done :rock::D thanks Craig :thumb:.

Cheers Alex :), the shots last done were just of the apollish fans, I've since added some single led's to the fan holders & 1 led strip to the main section & had to put sata sleeving on it to tone it down & it made it perfectly how bright I wanted it :D lighting shots to follow on either the 2nd photo-shoot update or 3rd :thumb:.

Now I'll just sort through this batch of photos I just took but I started a bit late so had to call it a day too soon plus I need to remove some white foam mounting tape :duh: got impatient waiting for clear mounting tape for the rgb strips & pretty much forgot to remove it so some shots will have to be taken again but the cable side won't be lit up now it made the sleeving look a bit crap really :confused:.

I'll have some of the shots up within a couple of hours I think :).

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Got to work on a photo finish outside, flipping english weather it started raining so had to rush it into the garage :D I have a load of black cloth though from when I did the photo-shoot on air cube so got a board of chipboard & threw the black cloth on it & pegged it up lifting & turning as I went but I started too late in the day as it started getting dark plus I totally forgot about the white foam mounting tape I resorted to using for the rgb strip on the cable side so another photo-shoot is definitely needed with that ugly white foam tape removed :D so this is the first photo-shoot of 2 or 3, probably 3 because of me not removing the white tape & 1 of the photo-shoots will be night shots.

On with the show :D.

This is final photo-shoot 1 of 2 or 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This good? :D.

12. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

Thats one insane piece of art there, love it!

13. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Thats just looking so good mate. Like I said before, has to be top 3 in the MOTY. I'll be voting for it thats for sure. Now stop f*ck arsing about and give us the final shoots...lol Your just teasing now.:miffed:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Cheers Jeff :thumb: I'll continue to get the night shots done tonight & then get a few more in the morning then it's 100% complete :thumb:.

15. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Outstanding job Wayne! Your sticktoitiveness has most definitely paid off. MDPC quality for sure. :D

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

sticktoitiveness :D Thank you Brian :thumb:.

Night shots & removed the white foam mounting tape & thankfully it didn't leave a mess :eeek::D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahhh night shots done :).

17. blueonblack

blueonblack What's a Dremel?

Outstanding

This is one thing I love about this hobby.

I personally don't care for the overall design of this case. To be honest I didn't when I first saw it in the planning stages, but modding is all about making something your own and I wasn't about to talk down someone else's art.

Having said that, it doesn't in any way detract from the incredible workmanship demonstrated here. It's just absolutely beautiful work, obviously a labor of love, and the fit and finish are categorically awesome. You've taken a vision I saw during the design stage and made it a reality, and you've come a LONG way since Frankencase and Air Cube V1.

Positively inspiring finish, my friend. If the project I just started comes out as well as this I will be thrilled. You set the bar.

:clap:

18. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

I couldn't have said it better myself....well done Wayne :rock:

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Awww thank you blue :) not seen you around for a while so thanks for the nice words mate :thumb: still need to do a side by side photo of them all together for a group photo :D I'll try to get that done tomorrow :).

:D Thank you miahallen :thumb: I just can't fathom what the heck I'll do next :D but for sure I'll keep on modding I enjoy it too much to quit :rock:.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Specs are.
    Corsair AX 850
    MSI P67A-GD65 B3 rev
    Intel I5-2500K @ 4.5ghz
    Prolimatech Megahalems with push pull fans
    Enermax T.B.Silence fans all modded
    Enermax apollish white led
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Auzentech prelude x-fi
    Corsair force series 3 120GB SSD
    DVD optical drive
    6 HDD
    Temps are nice & noise is almost completely silent, just the 580 I can hear.

Dimensions
    393mm deep
    235mm wide
    769mm high
    26KG weight when fully loaded