1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: The BEAST.. WARNING PICTURE INTENSE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thorilan, 29 Aug 2003.

1. thorilan

thorilan What's a Dremel?

hello everyone .

i am gonna post my project logs here on this most increadable website!!!!! i havent posted here much before but i have been following some of your guys work and i just hope mine will be worthy of yuor time and bandwidth .

note that i hosted most of my pics with theforumisdown but this site will not accept them so i have to use a slower and less dependable host so if pics show up as red X then i appologize in advance

OK backgound on the BEAST

as you know many people like dragons ( me included) but that is not the exact reason i chose dragon for the theme of the case . i chose it because the particular kanji ( chinese and japanese characters) looks pretty kool and that there is lots of redily availible materials out there to help with decking out my system ( this is a whole system build btw not just a case)

also i wanted something that people in many countries can recognize ( well sorta)

so here goes !

Last edited: 27 May 2004
  2. thorilan

[​IMG]

i chose the pc75b lian li tower case which is 60cm tall 60 cm wide and 21 cm deep

and it already has a window. its black anodized aluminum topp front and sides and un anodized aluminum for the inside and rear parts so tht will just have to be changed

3. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

HOLY CATS!!!! I had NO IDEA the PC70 series from Lian-Li was 60cm WIDE!!! WOW now THAT's WIDE...
    :lol:
    ... Sounds like a good undertaking (just re-evaluate the dimensions a bit)

Last edited: 29 Aug 2003
  4. thorilan

[​IMG] here it is stripped down to nothing . it took me an hour to strip it with all the little things attached!!!

Last edited: 29 Aug 2003
  5. thorilan

[​IMG]

here it is after i made a few of the first cuts. i want to show offmy cool psu since it is a uv blue acrylic covered one with llit fans and im doing some custom stuff to it also
    ( antec true power 550)

6. thorilan

depends on how you look at it . =)

7. thorilan

[​IMG] ok here is the top hole i have started working on since i will have 2x 120mm fans in a push pull config for my radiator ( dtek procore 1/2 inch barbs and 2 shrouds)

8. thorilan

[​IMG] here is the hole right as its finished

9. thorilan

[​IMG]

note i dont have a dril or a hole saw so this will have to do but i got it pretty close to perfectly round for freehand cutting i think

10. thorilan

[​IMG] here it is from the inside but you will note that there is a peice of shiny aluminum in the way so....

11. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

no,
    No, I'm pretty sure it's 21cm WIDE, 50cm deep, and 60cm tall, but then again, I'm using the metric system, and I'm used to english units...

Good progress, and we like alot of pics too. (it's ok to post more than one pic per post tho...)

12. thorilan

however you want to label it its 60 x 60 x 21
    /shrug i look at it through the windo for modding purposes to see what i can and cant see through the window.

13. thorilan

[​IMG] sorry about doing 1 pic per host btw but im rehosting these at the same time as posting and it helps me to keep track of whats been done ( man i really need to get a good host but i dont have cash to buy band width for the good hosts)

oh and these holes are for cable stealthing as i feed my components around the back side and have a few little custome hiding things

14. thorilan

[​IMG] here is a very dificult cut to make with a dremel!!!

15. thorilan

this runs directly below the mobo to stealth some cables by running them behind the mobo tray

[​IMG]

16. thorilan

[​IMG] here is the back of the tray ( yes gonna cool it from both sides ;))

17. thorilan

[​IMG] this is an actual amd hsf for a 2700+ that i removed and willuse here . its nearly completely silent with your ear next to it so i should probly hear 0 sound from it when this is all done

18. thorilan

[​IMG]
    this is for the 2 chassy exhaust fans and the back mobo tray cooling fans so that i can hie as much wiring as possible / i did some of the sleeving my self but some of the stuff came sleeved already ( i ordered extra materials to do what i could without ordering ll of the stuff

19. thorilan

[​IMG] i had to extend the lenth in order o stealth these so i didnt bother sleeving the bare wires because it wont be seen at all due to the next mod...

20. thorilan

[​IMG] this is not permenant yet as i had to paint them still and do more to the case .