1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :- Titanium 4 U | update 22-03-05 CARRYING HANDLE & HDD Mounted !!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by j.rhy@n, 10 Feb 2005.

1. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

THis project is looking good ive been wanting a 4u case but i have a couple 1Us. In my rack at home i have my 3 1U 24port network hubs and a 3U rack fr my Linksys router and belkin wifi access point and my web server and mp3 player and i just need a 4U for my file server

I like the color i would have gone darker though why didnt you sleave the atx connector to green and remove the stock black sleaving and if our board is atx you dont need those 2 6pin connectors

2. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

I have a couple of spare 19" 3U servers in work now I have an idea of what to do with them. :D

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Going darker crossed my mind but as I said in an Earlier post my wife choose the colour :duh:
    Im not really done complete on the sleeving, I need a Molex tool for the 20 pin ATX socket and the 4 Pin power lead. I shall order one come Monday..As to the 6 Pin they have gone... :thumb:

I have 4 or so more 4u cases waiting to get back loaded and scrapped... I might request another for my next project.. :rock:

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Below is the case stripped down, its painted but its not the final coat.....

[​IMG]

Ive ripped every thing out..

At the front I want to mount 2 x 120 mm Fans..I dont plan on changing their colour..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Feb 2005
  5. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

120 mm Fans / Bolts

I want to fix the 120 mm fans with Alan Key type bolts..

[​IMG]

They are M5 @ 60 mm Long, but the holes in the Fans are too small, so I had to drill them out to fit..

Nice and Tight..

[​IMG]

6. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

120 mm Fan Location..

But the 120mm fans will be mounted on the front inside Pannel..Again I had to drill the holes bigger...

[​IMG]

As I go through the changes to this case you will notice many many holes, their is nothing I can do about this becuase 90% of these holes are already part of the case..At least its good ventlation..

The Tray you can see on the inside will be removed...

7. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Lighting ..

I like to be a very tidy person and I want this case to have a home for every thing, this is my first Mod and I want to learn from it but also keep it simple. My next Mod will have much planning..

I want to have all the sleeving UV Green and housed inside Aquariam type tubing just like the Orac Mod..

I want to be able to have the ability to turn the lights on and off from the front and not from the PCI Slot where this is normal for this kind of lights..

So I purchased some toggle switches (Still waiting on 2 more)

These will allow me to turn the lights on and off, when the toggle is on a blue LED will also illuminate ...

[​IMG]

8. CaseyBlackburn

is there anyway that you can raise the switch higher because from the picture it looks like it would be hard to switch

otherthan that lookin good

another thing you dont have to create so many new posts it is alright to put them in one but if you wanna do it your way that is fine if you wanna boost your post number

9. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

******Edit...

Im using Toggle Switches for the Lighting on and off and not the original little red switches... :rock:

Reason Im posting new threads for each Article is becuase If I post 1 big thread then people will have to scroll long way to bottom , posting frequent different threads (10 for a new page) not only breaks up the project but will also turn the page quicker..

Last edited: 15 Feb 2005
  10. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

WOW I really like that project, somehow server racks have always appealed to me! nice job d00d :thumb:

11. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

It doesn't say the name of the color, only "Hammered finish spraypaint, glossy"...

12. CaseyBlackburn

is there like a label on the top are something that tells what color it is

13. RiPz

RiPz What's a Dremel?

those holes you said you couldnt do much about, a good filler will get rid of them, you'd still see them from the underside of the panel, but hey, who sits inside a computer :p it would mean you;d have to respray it, but hey, in the interest of modding... :dremel:

14. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

The Paint is made by www.faust.info Its Blue with a Hammer Look...

Article Number : F77 0 472A

As to the Holes, I think it would be a good Idea to fill them, just need to find some filler. As to re spraying it has to be done once more anyways... 3 coats wont hurt..I think its only 1 side that requres getting rid of the holes, Im sure there is another way to get rid of them and make it look better. I thought if some Alloy plating...The Alloy you see on Tail gates of Cattle Wagons to stop the cows from slipping..."Cant find a picture"

Thx for kind words and info..

Last edited: 13 Feb 2005
  15. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

So today not so much work as ive slowed down and deep in thought..

However I did mount the 80 mm Fan (Blue LED) to see how it look and to make sure the bolts looked the part..The blow holes will have a thin rubber type border to tidy any sharp edges off..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also added the mesh to the speaker position..

[​IMG]

Im not sure yet , but what do you guys think if the Mesh was Painted Yellow ?

I also want to shorten the bolts and finish the ends of with rubber caps...

16. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Yellow would make a good contrast I think. I think you could also mount the switch on the outside instead of the inside? Hope this makes sense, you could have the metal panel the switch is attached to on the outside?

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

What do you mean dude, can you explain a little more.. Do you mean the Red Switch ?

******Edit...

Im using Toggle Switches for the Lighting on and off and not the original little red switches...

18. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Well, after thinkin about it, the way you have it mounted looks really good, but maybe you could have the switch yellow as well as the fan colors? Just make for a good piece of contrast.

19. CaseyBlackburn

i kinda of like the mesh white because it is the same color as the sticker on the window

20. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

ye thats what I thought, im in no hurry so as it builds I can change if required..

Im searching german e-bay for switches...I think if I can find several switches the same such as metal Toggle switch (on / off ) then I can use these for controlling the lighting...

Last edited: 14 Feb 2005