1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :- Titanium 4 U | update 22-03-05 CARRYING HANDLE & HDD Mounted !!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by j.rhy@n, 10 Feb 2005.

1. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

i use a little unkown company that cant do crap and i have unlimited bandwidth because they just monitor speed

2. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Small Updates...

This is the Blue Fan fitted accept Sleeving..Ive mounted rubber bushes to prevent vibration and reduce noise...

[​IMG]

Mounted from Outside..

[​IMG]

Lights off Fan on..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Feb 2005
  3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

New HDD and Pwr LED

I drilled the original Holes at the front and inserted new HDD and Prw Led (Red and Green) green for Pwr and Red for HDD usage...

When the case is painted I think it will look much better.... (Case has been painted since)

[​IMG]

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Sound Amp Controller fittings

As Ive mentioned before Im going to include speakers in my Case Lid... It comprises of a new set of Medion Desktop speakers stripped down...

Once the Control part of the speakers is removed they look like this ..(Less on / off button becuase I already removed it prior photo)

[​IMG]

The Amp / Controls comprises of a number of parts off interest to me, I had to figure out how I could mount it on the PC. So I decided to mount it rather like a sound card. Its powered by a Transformer, I didnt want the transformer sitting in the PC so I removed the Transformer Socket from the back of the card ..

[​IMG]

I bought a replacment jack/socket... I will be placing this socket to the rear of the PC then extending cables from this to the card..

Below is the new jack fitted to the rear of the PC..

[​IMG]

This is the Transformer plugged in..As you can see the socket is just above the PSU (Hidden away)

[​IMG]

So thats how I shall feed power to the Sound Amp/Card... (Couldnt think of any other way)

The original Amp/ Contoller comes with Green LED I shall replace this with a new blue LED..

[​IMG]

So back to the contoller, I cut the original knobs off ..

Function of these knobs where : - Bass , Trebel and Volume..

Once I cut off the knobs I created a small screwdriver type slot, so that if needed I can still adjust these if needed. I dont want all these knobs showing throught the front of the PC..

[​IMG]

Once all fittings where done I added a new Toggle switch for Power on / off.. I give it a test just to make sure all was working fine... (It did :thumb: )

[​IMG]

The card will be fitted to the base of the HDD / CD Rom Carrier

[​IMG]
    Ive already drilled the holes ready to mount the PCB (Need to get plastic to lay under PCB to prevent shorting)

5. CaseyBlackburn

looks pretty good

6. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Fron Toggle / LED Pannel..

On the front (HDD / CD ROM Carrier) will be a number of controls..

Fan Control Unit
    4 x Toggle Switches and LED's

1 Toggle/LED for Prw on/off for Speakers
    2 Toggle/LED for 2 x Blue 100 mm Lights
    1 Toggle/LED for Spare (Not sure yet)

So I marked up and cut holes in the Pannel for the toggle switches and LED Holders..

[​IMG]

This is a test just to make sure that the Toggle and LED Holder fit together..

[​IMG]

Couple of coats of paint on that front pannel and it will look a million times better (Final result for Toggle Pannel tommorow)

This is the rear of the Pannel , not much room but when the toggle switch is tightened up there is plenty of room, I shall wire the LEDS up tomorow prior to showing you the final image of the Toggle / LED Pannel..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Feb 2005
  7. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Thx dude, this is much of what I did tonight... Im still testing solutions as I go along. Im not much of an Electrician but have a general idea, Im not sure if their is an easier way of doing the Sound Amp contoller or not but its the only solution I can come up with.. I think it will look fine once complete and the speakers have a good sound even though they so small...

Last edited: 20 Feb 2005
  8. CaseyBlackburn

one thing i would have done different is unsolder the volume and other speaker controls and relocate to the back of the rack case so easier to change but still out of the way

9. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I was going to do that (Many cables .. duno) but Ive set them as centre and I can control this from inside windows...

But I also had another idea...

If I drill 3 holes in the front off one of the Metal front pannels (Alligned with the controls), then fill the small holes with a rubber gromat ( Like I did with the junction box for detail/tidyness) I can then use a screw driver to adjust from the front.. :dremel:

10. CaseyBlackburn

i think i understand what you mean kinda of sounds like an ok idea

11. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

New HDD / PRW LED's

Ok another update... Today I purchased some clear plastic tubing to see if I can spice up my cabling..

[​IMG]

I bought 2 new LEDS (Green and Red) 1 for Power on and 1 for HDD Activity..I made new cables and gave them a nice sleeve...

[​IMG]

I want to thread the sleeved cable through the Tubing, from the Image below I think it looks fine. The tubing is very flexable and allows me to route where ever I want..

[​IMG]

I put some heat shrink on the end of the tubings just to keep the ends tidy...I hope to dins an alternative (Not found any so far) so for the time being this will look fine...

[​IMG]

I fitted new Led holders to the front of the case and placed the new Cables throught to see what they looked like..

[​IMG] Picture slightly blurred..

Fittings from inside..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Mar 2005
  12. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Fitted new 120 mm Fans...

I fitted the new 120 mm Fans ..

[​IMG]

Inside view..

[​IMG]

**********Update

120 mm Fan connections done...

[​IMG]

120 mm Fans running

[​IMG]

Close up

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Mar 2005
  13. CaseyBlackburn

the tubing is a creative idea and as always looking good

14. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

I think it looks fine , I cant find the tubing I want.... Hard to find.. But a little smaller would be better but I think it looks fine...

I spent 2 hours tonight trying to figure out my wiring... Failed :duh:

I posted advice here

15. RiPz

RiPz What's a Dremel?

that reminds me!, glad you did that with the clear tubing, i've got a few kilometers of 5mm inside diameter clear plastic tubing in the shed, i now have a use for some of it :p

16. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

Looks like you're off to a good start at modding! One suggestion about the small holes: get a Unibit (stepped hole bit) for your drill. It will make perfectly round holes. They come in different range sizes, and I have a 1/8" to 1/2" in 1/32nd inch increments. Combining that with a small benchtop drill press is a great way to go for less than $100 USD.

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

5 mm is what Im after :eeek:

share ? :thumb:

Last edited: 17 Mar 2005
  18. CaseyBlackburn

I think the answer is no because when you heat up the tubing if it doesn't melt and create holes in it it turns black and is all shriveled but after all that it is still flexible

19. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Fan Controller...

I bought a Revoltec fan controller for my Wavemaster, but becuase its black I decided not to use it untill now..

So the Fan Controller..

[​IMG]

I stripped it down and fitted it to my own front pannel..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how it will look agasint the Toggle Pannel..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rear View / Wiring

[​IMG]

20. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Rear Slot Covers..

I also added the PCI / Slot Covers and used new Thumb Scrwes to fasten them down..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]