1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Toxicity - Completed! 13/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigr1982, 9 May 2010.

1. Baekkel

Baekkel Picky Picture Villian

That looks really sweet!

On the thought of upgrading, then i've concidered something similar.
    Planning on upgrading my Core2Duo with a I7 930..
    Have heard some nice things about the 930-lineup, and after 2+y using the shabby C2D i think it should be a nice upgrade.

On a little picky note, your soldering looks somewhat... i don't know.
    Hint: Pre tin the tip of the soldering iron, makes it easier to get in contact with the rasin rich factory tin, perhaps wiping the soldering joints with ethanol beforehand.
    When soldering in the new components, remember to wipe the hot soldering iron on a moist sponge, and pre tin the tip of the soldering iron, the ends of the LED's and the soldering points on the pcb. makes your work a million times easier, and makes for a clean job.

Just to get the last little details fixxed up.

Thumbs up on the build!

2. Dahl1n

Dahl1n What's a Dremel?

This is just a Sweet case :)
    Was it hard to paint the Radiators?

3. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

Elledan - Haha. I think that might have a negative effect on the board...

Baekkel - You can say it...my soldering skills are crap. :) Thanks for the advice tho I still have a little more to do so I'll give it a go.

Dahl1n - Cheers :) For painting the radiator it was just a case of masking off everything I didnt want spraying. Took a while but the result was worth it.

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just a side note - not sure of the prices where you are, but the i7 950 is nearly the same price as the 930 here, so it may be worth looking at that...

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Pretty sure I've seen people spray paint graphics cards because they didn't like the color of the PCB showing on the back side of it. I believe in you!

In all seriousness, love the way it turned out! Just needs a Mr. Yuck sticker now ;)

6. craigr1982

Cheers :)

I should be getting some time to do some more modding soon, plus of course the case photo shoot if weather permits.

Still working on the side panels too. Should I wait for a full photo shoot or do the internals now? You decide :)

7. craigr1982

So I picked up some smaller SATA leads from Ebay seller SATA CITY. Brilliant seller, very fast to deliver and free postage too!

Anyway I got some 15cm, 25cm and 50cm cables which suit me down to the ground.

[​IMG]

Much better than having to try and cable manage 30cm of cable for each hard drive.

I've been short on time recently so only really had time to do small items towards the project.

Here's a new video which pretty much brings you up to speed. Don't forget it's 720p over on Youtube :)

Still got the side panels to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...(and it's GREEN :D)

I'll be hoping for one more day of nice weather when it's all done so I can get some good outdoor photos and then I'll overload your bandwidth with them haha.

8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Very very nice and clean. Given me idea's on my HAF thanks

9. craigr1982

Glad I could help

10. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Looking Awesome! Wish more people did Black and Green Cases. Can't wait to get my project done. Looks Like I have some catching up to do!

What's up with the front TEMP LED screens? :) I like..... must give more info!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Oct 2010
  11. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

There's so many skillfull artists at this forum, and you sir being one of them, just saw your latest youtube asseble video, it was suberb. Not only is the technical aspect of the video good, but you also brought some humour into it, which i enjoyed.

Cheers!

12. craigr1982

masterchief - Black and Green was my other halfs choice so i can't take any credit there. well not without being slapped anyway haha. The temp screens show the temp of my RAM (under the ram cooler) and currently my Hard Drive area, although this may change yet not sure, they plug in via molex too which is handy. heres a link to one wouldve linked to aquatuning but cant seem to find the info page in english :grr:

watchtown - Thanks very much :) Nothing worse than watching a video that is informative but dull as dishwater.

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looking good bud, like the res :thumb:, the peel it off with a machette or butchers knife bit made me lol :hehe::thumb:.

14. CMW

CMW PermaFlabberGasted

Mmmm, total droolage!
    Love the latest video, btw!!!

15. craigr1982

Cheers Folks :)

Well the weather never improved so I had to resort to some indoor photos.

I do still have the side panels to work on so these are mostly just internal shots for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm holding off with the roof panel until the sides are done..Wouldn't want to spoil you now would I.

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

wow missed looking at this one

that is the sex :O

17. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

The green/black combo is a real threat to the eye.

18. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Looks Good!

19. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

I would have switched the colors on the 5 1/4" cage, but it's definitely a nice build. I like the combination of that Green on the Black. :thumb:

What will you do with the side panels? Will you add a window for the custom res?

20. craigr1982

glad you like it guys :)

blooddrunken - yes there will be a window for the res...when I get chance to mod the panels at any rate. work has got mad busy again..sigh