1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Rods & Mods: Display your Case Mod at the Exploratorium

Discussion in 'Modding' started by manteexplore, 22 Dec 2009.

1. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

Tables were assigned. You had to apply to exhibit (see first post). I was invited early mainly because they needed some photos for their promo and I was available to help. They thought they could fill their show with just SF bay-area talent but many came from SoCal, Washington and one idiot came all the way from Florida. ;)

CNET article...in Japanese

English

The photos are lousy. The CNET "photojournalist" was an Apple fanboi and I think he was just typically angry. F'em.

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Sorry, I missed the application bit. Too bad I don't have a rig in the USA, I would love to be a part of this, since I just tend to have a lot of free time :p

These things need a LOT more publicity - perhaps forum tie-ins, contest announcement in the run-up, something like that?

And I didn't think the CNET photos were terrible, just not enough in terms of quantity! :D

3. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

They posted this event two months ago in every case modding forum. Nobody considered it news. There was no contest. There were no corporate sponsors. The Exploratorium is a non-profit organization. It was a critical mass kind of thing that I wasn't going to miss.

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I don't follow. Critical mass?

But I think the gist of what you're saying is that no one gave enough of a damn? That's a shame.

5. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

If you were a band back in 1969 and you passed on Woodstock then how would you feel today? Did you think you would "catch it next year?" Sadly, I don't think you will ever see this concentration of case modding art and history in one place ever again. I hope I'm wrong.

There was a lot of video shot and I haven't seen any of it yet so stay tuned for that.