1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress RTX scratchlog: done, but not final update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teyber, 28 Jun 2007.

1. Teyber

Teyber ******

no i didn't...

lol do you want me to take it away? i laughed for a good ten minutes when i first read it :D

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

don't do anything dumb Teyber

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It's official. I told a joke so lame and obscure, no one got it. :duh: Go ahead and keep it... It will be my punishment.

4. Teyber

Teyber ******

lol what?

im ordering the screws as i speak. The watercooling just finished bleeding, no leaks so far! 24 hours into it. update once i fix a stupid design flaw:wallbash:

5. Teyber

Teyber ******

alright a long overdue update. I finished this in I believe october... Still thigns left unfinished but i like the look. Its very contemporary IMO. Watercooling is up and running and is great.

The case isn't the product of this log IMO... You all tought me safety and how to use tools... which i cannot thank you guys enough. I will post pictures (finally) once i find my charger.

regards

6. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

More experience and skill is a great outcome! Don't forget that there's always more to learn!

7. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I know where you're coming from man, and somtimes it takes a loss to win if you know what I mean. I spent $120.00 on a scratch build just to start over and do things the way it should've been done in the 1st place, not to mention ALOT of work.

8. Teyber

Teyber ******

Thanks! The more i learn the more i realize i don't know. I am entering the field of machining... which is very difficult. Im also trying to teach myself the field of mechanical engineering and thermodynamics, and electricity is still not a field i am even close to understanding... But this project is what got my lips wet in terms of all this stuff. Thank you all:clap:
    Exactly...

Lots of things i made for this but wo n't go into. I put the hard drive racks on springs:clap:
    [​IMG]
    sorry for poor cable managment and dust:hehe:
    [​IMG]

regards

9. Stuey

I don't remember those handles. Can they actually support the load of the PC?

10. Teyber

Teyber ******

no, its for taking off the top panel:thumb:

11. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

I noticed one of the fans on the right is exhausting while the others are all intakes; this is not good for airflow and decreases the effectiveness of the radiator.

12. Stuey

If there is no buffer between the fans and the radiator, maybe it would be better if they were all oriented in the exhaust direction.