1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Shift 2: Unleashed Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 29 Mar 2011.

1. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

In the review it says the ai can rub ya bumper, presumably spinning you off etc. Is this modelled realistic, my pet hate is when someone catches your car with the rear panel of theirs and you fly off but they continue as if not a care in the world, rfactor suffers this terribly with the ai who seem to ignore you at every opportunity and drive straight into you accumulating damage but no effect on their lap times at all

2. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I've just been playing this. My 5870 gives me about 30 fps everything on high @ 2560
    There is lots of steering lag, and it feels very digital even though i'm using a 360 pad.
    Also it gets a bit stuttery in some collisions but i'm also running i5 750@3.9 so should be plenty cpu for it.
    maybe it needs a patch.
    I do agree that handling wasnt really covered enough in this review and is one of the main parts of a racing game.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I leave the NFS franchise alone for a few years and it turns good?!

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Question to anyone that has this on the 360:
    Can I configure my damn controls this time, or am I stuck with those CRAP configs that made RB/LB gear up/down the best possibility?

I don't do auto gearboxes, and the XBox controller doesn't like fingers on RB and RT at the same time... it's like it wasn't designed for it.
    It REALLY ticked me off that I couldn't move the gear up/down to X and B

5. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Graphics options / specifics not important in a bit-tech review? What the hell?

Please include in future.

6. mephisto

mephisto What's a Dremel?

The car behaviour still soapery like in shift 1, on straight line if you move the wheel 1 tiny fraction makes the car dance like it was running on the grass. For me it doesn't look the "real racing" as it claims to be.

7. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Handling on the first was done by someone who had never driven a car, even a 9 I don't want to chance this, unless there is a demo

8. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

I agree... the best game (first NFS game I actually played) so far... is the NFS III: Hot Pursuit... awesome music, awesome cars (how can you beat the El Nino and the Lamborghini Diablo SV), and awesome tracks with the usual shortcuts... however it is an old game and the graphics show... hate it when reviewers say the NFS Hot Pursuit (2011) is a new game when it is actually not...

I have played the first Shift and didn't really fancied the sim-like play of the shift franchise... however I will eventually look into to shift 2 when it becomes an EA classics...

9. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

I hope to god the wheel support is sorted. But to be honest, not getting my hopes up, considering TDU2 had such shocking G27 support. FFB doesn't even work if you have it on anything other than default.

But anyway, Shift 1 supports was terrible, I tried so hard to enjoy it, considering it let me have an AE86 at the start, and for any 900 degree dislikers, drifting with 900 degree's is great fun :D

10. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

About time a decent racer came around. I miss Dirt 2. I shall be purchasing this when it arrives on Steam.

11. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

That worries me - like you Mephisto I'm looking forward to something with the polish that this seems to have, but with the physics and reality of GPL, Race07, LFS, etc...

BUT, have you played the finished code to note the issues you raise? Would like to know as, otherwise this is a no-brainer purchase.

Many thanks in advance.

Cleggy.

12. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

From what I've seen there is still an arcade element to the physics - it's not a hardcore sim.. Its probably just shy of games like GT and Forza.

I've seen some gameplay vids using the G27 and the d-box motion box and it seems to run them quite well.

I got confirmation of despatch today so fingers crossed ill be playing tomorrow.

13. EvoDOOM

EvoDOOM What's a Dremel?

The first shift didn't feel to realistic hopefully this will be better.

14. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

Last edited: 31 Mar 2011
  15. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

Yeah I'll post how it feels on a G27 later, I'm very particular to the physics being at least a teeny bit usable. IMO Shift 1 was night on unplayable on a G27, TDU2 wasn't far behind lol, both were crap for controls.

16. veato

veato I should be working

If anyone wants this on PS3 or Xbox then Tesco Extra (until Monday) are doing it for £4.96 if you trade in NFS: Hot Pursuit. You can buy Hot Pursuit for £21.99 from Game, take it to Tesco with a fiver in hand and trade in. Bargain!

17. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

this game is unbelievably bad, the sounds are awful as-well, so glad i played it round my mates first before buying it, back to forza for for me

18. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

works with the g25 ok. had to change alot of settings to make it a more realistic feel like rfactor. not a bad game at all. run max settings on my 6870 2600k

19. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

just installing mine now :) gonna give it a go on eyefinity and g25, see how it handles.

20. veato

veato I should be working

Isn't that defeating the object though? I didn't think it was supposed to feel as real as something like rfactor?

Tags: Add Tags