1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

LMAO!!!LOL!!! My Bad Guys!!!

I edited the Tutorial above so now it's a whole post. Enjoy!

Last edited: 5 Jan 2008
  2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

clever stuff.

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

is it just me or are heatpipes the one most annoying thing on earth?

4. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

How is it so?
    Which heatpipes are you talking about?

For me i would just use the follow me tool.
    if you think the slanted angle is hard to achieve...just use the rotate tool to rotate it before you put it in the right place.

Maybe im missing some important fact but i dont think a heatpipe would be so hard to achieve!

5. Aterius Gmork

usually not... but today it drove me crazy. The following tool just wasn't doing what it was supposed to be. ^^

Anyway: A modell of a Thermalright XP 90. Just from references in the internet, so no retention module etc. but the outer dimensions came out alright I think. Don't know if you want to have it on the collection, as I said - it should be pretty close but I couldn't do real world measurements.

[​IMG]

6. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Nice SketchUp!

LOL...the follow me tool...i've had bad memories from last night(or rather this morning ;D)
    when i selected the swirl for my 14mb spring with 120 sides, it says it was an invalid path, so i had to manually trace over the line while draggin the circle.=.=
    it appears that when i connected the segments together, i zoomed out too far and was careless, one of the segments actually connected to the segment previous from the segment that it was suppose to connect, so it created like a branch and made me look for it for days!!!
    I was hecka mad too!!! lol..but anyways, two of the times i had problems with SketchUp were all that branch problem, so BE CAREFUL!

7. Aterius Gmork

had the exactly same problem for about 2 hours now. 2 hours for 2 heatpipes is just ridiculous. (2 are mirrored of course.)

Kinda funny though: Every time I have such problems I say to myself: "I'm never going to do another sketch ever again". Just guess what programm I start up right the next day... ^^

8. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Thx...hope you learned something new!

9. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Hey, could that guide be adapted to make threads on a screw? I was going to google for something, but if someone here knows then that would save me some work :D

10. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

^^^ sheninat0r
    i'll definitely ponder upon it, but it's not that easy.
    cuz the making of a screw requires the use of two swirls rotated 180degrees...oh wait...ARRGGHH..it's HARD.
    and that's nothin on warehouse, but i think i know how to do it though...needs hella time, but i'll definitely try to make one! XD

11. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

HEADACHE!!!! But worth it...XD

Phew....

Alrite guys..this is my take on the screw...took me like 4 hours...but well worth it....wanna sleep.
    [​IMG]

and i uploaded it on google warehouse

Hope you enjoy it!!!

I think i will post up how i did it...tmr...too sleepy...:yawn:

12. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

Hi,

I have a faster way to do it :p

STEP 1

first we just have to make a circle :

[​IMG]

STEP 2

but we only need a 90° segment, so we delete the 3/4 of the circle :

[​IMG]

so we have this :

[​IMG]

STEP 3

then we have to draw some lines (the lenght isn't very important) from each point of the segment :

[​IMG]

and we have to make it twice as big for the 2nd and 3time bigger for the third...

this should give something like this :

[​IMG]

STEP 4

then we draw lines betwen each point and delete the selected :

[​IMG]

to get something like this. after that we must draw a line to the center :

[​IMG]

STEP 5

then we select the arc and take the rotate tool and press ctrl ( to get a clone ) and we rotate it 90°

[​IMG]

and the we move the arc to the same height :

[​IMG]

STEP 6

we need to have a 360° arc, so we do the same thing as last step but with the 180° arc :

[​IMG]

now we have an 360° arc and we can easily make it bigger, we just have to select the arc and press ctrl with the move tool, then take the bottom and put it at the top like this :

[​IMG]

and then you can repeat that step to get more curve. and if you want it more "compact" select the spring and press s.

[​IMG]

then you can resize it as you want.

now you have to follow zelox991 guide from step 4
    I hope it was helpful !

ps. sry I'm not so sure about the "english" :(

13. scooby

scooby Minimodder

These tutorials for making threads for screws are very good too. You can find the plugin for SU on that link aswell.

@Noswal, Welcome to the forum. It took about a month on and off as it was an exercise to develope my skills better. Glad you like it.

Sorry boys for being MIA for awhile but their was a death in the family that took up my time. On a more cheerful note Mrs. Claus got me some new parts to rebuild a new rig this Christmas....I must have been a goodboy this year.:naughty:

SPECS:
    MB: ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA V1.03
    CPU: INTEL C2D E6850 @ 3.6GHZ, 1.38v
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR 8500C5D 4x1GB 5-5-5-15-2T
    GPU: ATI Radeon X2900XT 1GB @ 945GPU/1140MEM
    HD-1: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB
    HD-2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3300622AS 300GB
    HD-3: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB
    DVD: PLEXTOR PX-716AL Dual Layer
    SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    PSU: PC Power and Cooling ULTRA-QUIET, SILENCER 750
    CASE: SilverStone Black Temjin SST-TJ03 Aluminum Case
    FAN CONTROL: Sunbeam 4 Channel Rheobus
    COOLING:
    CPU BLOCK: FuZion Extreme Performance CPU Block
    GPU BLOCK: DangerDen DD-29XT Water Block
    RAD: ThermoChill PA120.2 2x120mm High Performance Radiator
    FAN: Delta EFB1212SHE 120x38mm Triple Blade High Speed Fans x2
    TUBES: Tygon R3400 1/2in.ID 3/4in.OD Black Laboratory Tubing
    PUMP: Swiftech MCP355 w/Custom Black Delrin DDC Pump Top
    COOLANT: Fluid XP+ Ultra Non-Conductive
    MOSFET: Thermalright HR-09U Type 2 Mosfet Cooler x2
    NB: Thermalright HR-05 Fanless Chipset Cooler w/ Evercool 70x15mm Aluminum Fans
    SB: Thermalright HR-05 Fanless Chipset Cooler w/ Evercool 70x15mm Aluminum Fans

What you think? Good enough for SU and KT? This setup right now is rock solid through OCCT, Prime and Memtest. I'm still in the tweeking stage but for now its flying through BioShock, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III and I haven't even opened the box on Crysis yet but I have a feeling that, that game will test my rig for sure.

The Scoobser:thumb:

Last edited: 5 Jan 2008
  14. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Nice Dark~3nergy. i think it definitely helps.

wow...and Marci's link completely undermines our method!
    they were very helpful.

haha, but i think it was a good practice still.

15. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Wow, that's definitely a kickass rig, but i think u should get a 8800 series, i dont trust ati, i had two ati's in my lifetime and both of them disappointed me.
    but still, with that setup, you should run sketchup and kerkythea no problem~~!

16. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Hi all, does anyone have a sketchup model of the coolermaster stacker STC T01. I see the 810 in the jazzle collection, but obviously there is one major difference between that and the T01... it's BTX, lol

anyone?

17. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Hey Guys...take a look at my Rockstar Games Logo.Created in SketchUp,Rendered in Kerkythea!

[​IMG]

18. AllAgainstPaul

AllAgainstPaul So Little To Do, So Much Time

Thank you Dark~3nergy for your spring guide. I used it to make a M3 Screw
    [​IMG]

While not perfect it follows the rules given by the M3 ISO screw thread standard

I have uploaded it to Google 3D Warehouse

I will be doing a M3 standoff and 6-32 standoff and screw.

And yes getting the pitch accurate was hard to do.

19. scooby

scooby Minimodder

@zelox991, like I said before, their are several ways to complete the same model alls you have to do is find a method your cofortable and efficient with (and hopefully has a low face count) and use the hell out of it. BTW great Rockstar logo zelox991, very well done...keep up the great work.:thumb:

I have been using ATI card for a long time now and for me I have not had any problems with them. ATI has been slacking a bit so maybe I'll be looking at the next gen stuff from both camps when I decide to upgrade later.

@dragon2309, this is a replied to another poster about requests...

I hope this make some sence for you in understanding what is involved in making a model in SU. If you go to Jez's site and look at my models for example they are as accurate as I can get them based on blueprint specs and/or having the item in hand which inturn produces very accurate models.

If the only differance between the T01 and the 810 is its a BTX setup I think it would be fairly easy for you to try to modify it to a ATX setup. If you have any problems during the process please let us know and I'm sure the gang here will be more than helpful to give you some guidence, it would also be good practice for you as well.

@AllAgainstPaul, well done bro...can't wait to see more of your work.;)

@Beast, any info on the SU thread you were going to start at XtremeSystem forum? COME IN BEAST!!!!:naughty:

20. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

^^^ sorry I can't do it, I have to much stuff to do on the weekends and weekday, but if you want to do it go ahead :thumb:

I'll try to get screen shot of my buggy on Monday, it's a lot harder using Autodesk Inventor