1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows So, who bought Quake 4 today? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrWillyWonka, 21 Oct 2005.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I played a little on Quake 4 today, Reminded me so much of doom3, (On doom3 on the first level when you start, you run thru the mines past the security station and then run back to the start with the security station where you first get your gun, i got to that, and uninstalled it) But maybe i was a little harsh on D3. I played thru Q4 for several hours today and it seems okay, Certanly not brilliant, i`ll probably play through it a little more today and maybe complete it. Its just mindless shooting, hasnt made me jump once yet i dont think.

Ive been playing the FEAR MP demo for a few days now, and wow, Its amazing! awesome graphics, and the gameplay,s good too. My only gripe is with the RPL (i think) Machine gun- its point and click spam fire, As with most of the weapons actually. I sit im my room, lights off curtains closed, sneaking around on the Factory level, and it scares the **** outta me at times. It reminds me of my first venture into the FPS genre, which is a good thing. I even plan on setting up a server when i upgrade my netconn! (Altho an 8 player server on my 1mbps line runs fine acording the the players, no lag at all! good online engine!), I`ll have F.E.A.R. By tomorrow in which case i`ll be back to make a definitive descission on which is best, tho i`m pushed towards F.E.A.R.

(Sorry for slightly OT)

2. neillyb

neillyb What's a Dremel?

I love Quake 4, it feels so solid and brutal. Feels really nice to fire the weapons.

MP is a complete blast as well. Love it.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Does it get better after the first level? I thought that was pretty boring :blah:

Torch on all of the time, characters don't look that 'good' either. I'll carry on in the hope that it'll get better.

4. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I've now found myself getting rather bored of it tbh. The gameplay is pretty repetitive...

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

rofl, I found that after the first level.

6. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Great game. Action all the way :rock:

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

No it does not get any better, but at least it was a little better than Doom3 (you could use torch and gun at the same time).

Multiplayer was a big dissapointment, not for the lack of gameplay, but the fact it was identical to Quake III, it even looked the same. In fact Q3 ran smoother.

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

well you get to drive a tank and a walker for a bit
    i've given up now
    wanted me to repeat the exact same (long) sequence 3x in a row

9. koufontinas

koufontinas What's a Dremel?

I have an xp3200, 512ram and x800, this is going to work nicely on my setup, right?

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've not bothered to play it again since I bought FEAR. The combat of FEAR puts everything else to shame - even made Lost Coast seem a bit old fashioned by comparison.

I should try the multiplayer on Q4 though. Q3 multi was supreme!

11. ridiculous

ridiculous What's a Dremel?

ive been enjoying it so far even with the addition of vehicles, it is kinda repetitve but it gives youre graphics card a run for the money so ive really just been enjoying the graphics show and horrible storyline.

Tags: