1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Star Wars - HUGE SPOILERS INSIDE. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN THE FILM

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Crapman, 22 Jan 2016.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I liked the baddy sith guy, han's son when he just out right throws a full scale temper tantrum, like right I have a legit reason here lets wind up the clock of smashing every thing up, then he just opens up the tap of child like destructions of toys, office furniture what ever, he looks to really enjoy it, this is some thing new that Darth Vader would never have done being an actual adult.

Edit: I hear what your saying about the negative points which can get made but over all I was completely blown away and was estatic and had a hugely good feeling at the end of the movie and felt the film had been made by people that loved the story and did the very best they could with huge amounts of care and thought.

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I don't know, I like the idea but it seems too elaborated for the guys at Disney (I hope I'm wrong), what if ep VIII is a remake of The Empire Strike Back ? What if Disney has zero intention of giving us a REAL new story?

3. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

As long as it continues to break records and earn monies I doubt they care.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Oh yeah!? Well you have no respect for respect, and I have no respect for those with no respect for respect :lol:

Come on then, what are the laws of the Force? How does it work? And how has it been laid out in the earlier films as rigidly as you seem to think it has?

In ANH Luke hadn't even heard of the Force before he met up with Kenobi. Then, within seconds of actually starting any form of Force training, Luke is able to block a flurry of shots from the remote, while blinded by a visor. Did you have any trouble swallowing that when you first saw it? He's blind, but can predict the path and timing of multiple shots from the remote well enough to block all of them. While they don't make a big deal of it in the film, that feat is not incomparable to anything Rey does in TFA. Plus, Rey is fighting for her life when she uses the Force for the first time, Luke was just chilling out in the Falcon so didn't have the same imperative to pull it off that Rey had.

And when do we next see Luke explicitly use the Force? When he shuts his eyes and pulls the trigger to sink a home-run down the Death Star's exhaust port, after his more experienced Red Leader had failed to do so. How much training had Luke had then?

This idea you have that you have to go through hours and hours of structured, guided training before you can use the Force was shown to be unfounded 38 years ago. You perhaps just forget, or ignore it, because you focused on any possible negative with TFA.

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Tell (or as my phone coincidentally misread my swiping as, Troll) us more. What were the directions Hamill was given and what was he failing to convince us of?

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

also dont forget Darth tantrum didnt exactly have the best tutor in the world in Luke

Luke had grown up almost completely un-connected with the force until a new hope, then he had a breif training from ben, then breifly again by yoda ( breif considering that the original jedi went through years of practice starting almost at birth before they were considered a master and allowed to train a padwan ) yet as stated before, Luke was pretty good agasint the practice droid only hours after learning about the force.

As for Rey, we know almost nothing about who she is or where she came from, its entirely possible that she was trained from a much earlier age than Kylo, before she was abandoned ( possibly to escape Kylo hunting her down ) so already had a head start. then she grew up trusting her instincts and whits to survive. so her use of the force is ( IMO ) instinctive rather than anything else. her ability to fly the falcon is also based on the force ( considering force users can see things before they happen and are well renowned pilots )

7. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I thought it was a pretty decent action/sci-fi movie and I think most of the gripes can be explained away with space magic. My only annoyance was when Fin lost to that storm trooper guy with the big robot-stick while wielding a lightsaber himself, but then managing to hold off Ren for quite a while. I think they made Ren too weak, even for an apprentice.

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

remember Ren had taken a big hit from chewies bowcaster, a weapon seen to be very powerful and he had just killed his own father, that reall would mess with the mind somewhat

9. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

That's a good point. I don't even remember the bowcaster bit.

Btw, did anyone else get the impression that the stormtroopers were a bit buffed this time? They didn't seem like such an insubstantial threat compared to the original 3 movies.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If anyone's watched the latest episode of south park, I near dam wet myself about 20 mins in. At least i know i'm not the only one. :lol:

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

:) That's pretty funny.

13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Necro thread revival but I thought the SNL sketch with Adam Driver playing the Undercover Boss ("Kylo Ren is ripped") and then Kylo being asked to throw on a robe in the new film to which he ignored was funny as hell...