T.A.R.D.I.S .......

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by haggisathome, 2 Jul 2006.

1. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Good start, looks like the basis for the sides is almost complete.... subscribed
    Good in-depth descriptions and a large amount of images paint a great picture of the build

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Looking top job mate, keep it up :D

3. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Take it back to them - you paid for a service and they've done a shoddy job (or did your brother do it for nothing?)

Why not use the extra space inside and mount your modem etc internally. Do you have a home network? Plenty of space to fit a network switch in there too.

Great project. I'll be following this one with interest.

4. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Too bad about that weld crack. I will say aluminum isn't the most friendly metal to work with if you are not using a CNC mill and bolts. But Its really cool. I hope it works out.

5. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Cool project..(ambitious)..
    I love Dr. Who.....
    The time rotor would make a kick-ass-reservoir.. :hehe:
    [​IMG]

6. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

:D that is what i am going to do :naughty: , i had that planned for some time now , i got a res in mind and lighting to go with it all . i was trying to get to sleep last night , man i tell you i had all sorts of ideas going through my head last night , got some nice tricks planned for the tardis :naughty: ....

my bro told me to strip the panels out of the frame and he will take it into work and try tig welding it back together , but there is a risk that the frame wont take it .... so i may have to make a new frame :duh:

thanks for the replies , keep em coming

Scott

7. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

Very nice in Depth log, Subscribed.

8. haggisathome

just to let all know ... i probably wont post any more logs until i know were i stand with the frame , it is by far the most important part ..... so sit tight if the frame is borked , i will make a new one :naughty: ether way i don't mind .. well i do but , life's little obstacles and all that ... see you all soon

9. haggisathome

TARDIS frame has been stripped down .. awaiting tig welding .. if t don't work i will rebuild :duh: :D

10. modsquad

Great...very-cool...watch out for the Daleks, they may attempt to sabatoge this project..

11. haggisathome

:D :D :D :D frame back and welded .... i will get you some pic's up tomorrow :D :rock: :clap: :clap: :clap:

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

We going to see some hardware inside it soon ??

13. haggisathome

ehmmm poss not for a bit .... the most important part ATM is getting the frame and outer casing of it done right .... i will have a 900 quid bonus from work in September ( i think ) so i will be getting hardware or some of it then .speaking of that i have a rough list in my head , as to what i am going to put in there . i have just been out the shed and checked the dimensions of the frame , the amount of heat that was put into the frame was quite a lot , i tried to put my panels back in place and they don't fit very good now :waah: :waah: , so tomorrow i will be remeasuring and getting my bro to cut more new side panels , i suppose on the bright side i can now use this time to correct any mistakes i made with the first panels ..... keep the faith peeps this will be back and running very soon :thumb:

14. haggisathome

OK just two pic's to keep you all happy :D , the frame has been measured and remeasured . i have decided to carry on with the current frame , but the panels are not fitting quite how i like , so me and my brother remeasured them and a cutting list has been done :naughty: (well i don't have to pay for the alu :naughty: ) . i was sat one night thinking and looking at the model tardis i am going off and i did see some mistakes i made , so this problem with the frame may have actually been a blessing , so some questions ....

do i restart this log and get a mod to delete it ?
    or keep the log as a long wip log ?

you tell me ! plz !

the welds on the frame seem so much better that the ones i payed for as you can see below

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so that is that , i really must say my gratitude to my brother , who without his help .... well i would be screwed well and truly ... Ty m8

15. mandy_modded

mandy_modded Minimodder

just keep going on this log, even the pros make mistakes, modsquads soylent green, had 1100+ posts when he found an "opss" and had to rethink the water pump mount.

no inspiring story is complete unless there's some heartache in it.

mod on :thumb:

16. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

It doesn't surprise that between cutting off the old welds? and or welding the frame again some dimensions where changed.

17. modsquad

As for your project log..Don't change a thing..Your doing great..
    IMO, a "real" project log should contain just what was involved in building a machine, that includes the good as well as the bad..

18. haggisathome

lo all :D

sorry for not updateing , things have been a bit mad .... but I now have all the new panels cut and ready to go :D , expect a update soon

19. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Pure awesomeness here.

One Dr Who fanboy duly /subbed ;)

20. haggisathome

:D ehmmm :blush: , wow don't time go by !!!!!

OK i have not been giving this my full attention ATM (sorry all) misses giving me grief about not doing the hallway (long story , will post pics for those who want to see ) , today i got 3 sides of the tardis done 80% :D , i will post up pics tomorrow .....

now i have a challenge for the gifted minds out there .... when i post up my pics tomorrow i need your help , the front doors are looking good but !!! i need hinge ideas from you for the front doors , it will probably become clear tomorrow , but i want them to swing inwards , but i will have hardware in there , icould make them swing out wards but i am trying to keep to the original tardis way of thinking .... i WILL need your feed back for this so plz help me out , until tomorrow