Modding The 3D Printing Thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SkiDave, 6 Jun 2015.

1. veato

veato I should be working

Such a simple small print but makes a huge difference being able to securely fix my pedals to my seat. No more crappy velcro strap allowing the pedals to move around. (Photo is from the original print listing and not mine)

I'm also going to attempt to print a shifter mount. It's too big for my printer so I've split it using Microsoft 3D Builder and added a kind of tongue and groove join using a simple rectangular object and the subtract tool. I'm a complete noob with this stuff but I'm hoping that and a bit of glue and I'll be good to go.

Byron C and Bloody_Pete like this.
  2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Really specific and bespoke parts like this are the kind of thing that 3D printers are really good for.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Yep. Our industrial one in the corner of the office is turning out prototypes & assembly jigs like there's no tomorrow!

Bloody_Pete and Byron C like this.
  4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

6. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

So I've inherited my brothers old printers after he's upgraded to the K1 (x2) and K1 Max.
    Total n00b but I've managed to get a few bits printed on the V2.
    Are these worth keeping? Anything recomended to get the most out of them?

Ender 3 V2
    Ender 3
    Ender CR10

7. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Almost looks too good to be true when you compare it to the tronxy's.... i'm deff in for 1 @ that price maybe 2. Orders for large scale prints are going through the roof right now. Seems a very timely investment.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Would certainly simplify the 3D printed case I want to do

Defyant Mods and Yaka like this.
  10. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Print the case, add components, print the top.

0 fixing PC.... might make upgradinga bit tough

11. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[rinting a case was my first thought as well

Defyant Mods likes this.
  12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I was thinking more printing all the panels in one print but that would be a funnier idea.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

14. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Will be interesting seeing reviews, rigidity should be a major problem, 300mm/s sounds very optimistic, even 100mm/s would be high for such construction. Also bed that size properly machined would be ... expensive. Wonder how they solved it, or are they just yoloing and relying on mesh leveling.

15. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

We have a printer here that's almost 500 x 500 quiet some time ago i started a pretty simple design to print the whole case to fit the bed. Had to cut some corners volume wise but it works...Full ATX! 800 x 800 would be nice , that would get you into production size and allow you to print chassis and panels in one go!

Then 2 or 3 of these printers would make sales viable if you come up with a decent design.

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  16. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Beds in 4 sections with 4 pei sheets.

17. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Thought since i'm here and posting :) i'd share my latest 3D printing adventures :D

It honestly feels like a lifetime ago that i was last case modding... but it's really only been a few years and considering ive been case modding since 2002 it's a small amount of time i know there's still time for one or 2 more.

Just like i watched the PC modding scene grow exponentially year after year from grass roots and being there i feel and see the same for 3D Printing and it's a really exciting time to be part of it. Just like case modding.

The Print room has evolved.... alot ! We now run 4 BL printers to keep up with volume and recently added an A1 Mini and a K1Max for size. The only printer we have kept from the old fleet was the Cr10Max simply cause it's still a beast.

[​IMG]

I also grew tired of the workshop with it's boy racer look and went for a more contemp up to date look. (well in the 3D print world community ) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didnt take long to fill it with **** :)

[​IMG]

Finally got the Resin print area done too with drop down clear and Ventilated system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dot_Kappa, IanW, Byron C and 3 others like this.
  18. MLyons

Lovely looking setup as always. Got to say, the photo of your workshop you posted ages ago are a massive inspiration on how I want the future workshop to look.

Defyant Mods likes this.
  19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The 1st pic looks like you are warming up a pizza in one.

Defyant Mods and Byron C like this.
  20. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

I was looking back thru pics and seen those and thought "wow" but a change is needed. Hope one day to do another case mod in there :)

These new printers whip up a print in the same time it takes to make a pizza nowdays! I think he was one of the colour change flame prints @ the top middle

[​IMG]

this 1kg beast should be 1.5mtrs long .

[​IMG]

And the Xmas mistletoe dragons are already best sellers :) printed last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.