1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech Formula 1 2014 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 24 Nov 2013.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

More 'guess what the FIA are smoking' changes...

Double points for the last race

The other changes aren't too bad, but that one, combined with changing the last race to Abu Dhabi has me scratching my head...

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Hilarious thought, with these points at the last race, Sebastian Vettel would have been 2009 champion as well as 10,11,12 and 13 champion, whilst Red Bull would have won the constructors too.

Way to make it more competitive Jean!

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

4. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

No he wouldn't. Button would have still won the 2009 championship and Alonso would've won in 2012.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

F1 needs more of the big teams, so that all of them can spend hundreds of millions of dollars and fight for the crown of the best manufacturer imho.

Audi, BMW, Porsche, Ford, Toyota, Honda. It's a shame that these big manufacturers are missing in F1 imho.

Anyways. Dropping India and Korea is a good thing, as these races were crap anyways. Now bring back more of the classic tracks like Imola.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

My thought on the double points change was that they should just give everyone, except Red Bull, double points at every race. It'd make the sport more competitive :D

Another suggestion is that, every 10 laps, drivers need to come into the pits to change an item of clothing. They can't change the same item of clothing more than once per race.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2013
  7. RedFlames

Based on the scoring system at the time [10 for a win and factoring in the half points for the malaysia race], doubling the points for the last race wouldn't have made much difference... Button still would have been champion, Vettel 2nd and Barrichello 3rd

Even with the current scoring [25 for a win], it wouldn't have changed. In fact Button would've had a bigger lead over Vettel...

EDIT:

This season, doubling up on the last race in Brazil would've made no difference to Vettels lead, and the only difference using the pre 2010 scoring [10 for a win etc.] is Raikkonen would've finished ahead of Hamilton...

Last edited: 10 Dec 2013
  8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

And Hamilton would have no championship, instead it would be Massa in 2008.

9. RedFlames

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Assuming of course that the 100 Kg of fuel isn't too restrictive..... fuel saving sucks big hairy balls!

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You'd think ERS and smaller engines would offer sufficient fuel saving.

I'm not keen on enforced pitstops - they should just send clear instructions to Pirelli, outlining exactly what they want. You can bet previous instructions were a bit fuzzy on the details.

13. RedFlames

Not to mention that engines have fuel flow rate restrictions... So there's physically less fuel, but the engines doesn't need as much fuel, and the fuel flow restriction limit the rate at which the fuel can be used...

14. fix-the-spade

Okay, -1 for my maths...

15. fix-the-spade

No it wouldn't, things like Hulkenberg's efforts in Korea would be rendered completely moot. No need to attack, no need to defend, guy in front has to stop in the next five laps and we can jump him by stopping three from now and using the new tyres, booooring.

I still think Pirelli should just make the finest tyre they can possibly make, then take that exact tyre to every race and let the teams figure out how to make it work.

Here are the tyres, they'll be the same all year, thrash them, baby them, you have five sets a weekend, one for Friday. four for Saturday and Sunday, no mandatory stops, do your worst.

That way you get divergence in strategy and on track overtakes, Button can bumble out entire GPs on one set, Hamilton goes two seconds a lap faster but has to stop twice, I bet they'd be dead close by the finish.

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

So it seems that the double-points for the last race of the season are the final decision and drivers are now free to run a number between 2-99 for their entire career, with the No1 reserved for the current champion.
    Increase of the weightlimit got squashed aswell as the two-pitstop-rule.
    From 2015 onwards there's going to be a limit for the money you can pour into the team per season to make the smaller teams moore competitive, but the limit has yet to be decided.

I'd say that most of the new rules and suggestions are total bollocks, besides the option to choose a personal driver-number, like they do in MotoGP for decades now.

Formula 1 needs more bigger teams, like I said before, as there wouldn't be a need for any cost-limits, forced pitstops etc. The big manufacturers should simply throw as much money at F1 as they possibly can to show, who can built the fastest car with as little rules on car-design as possible.
    Either that, or make everyone use the same base-engine and chassis and turn it intoo a drivers-championship like NASCAR or Indy.

EDIT: And another thing. I hope that Kimi shows Alonso the taillight next season :)

17. rollo

rollo Modder

The changes are wierd some are good some sound stupid. Still not alot of teams have confirmed there drivers though.

18. RedFlames

Lotus you magnificent *******s...

[​IMG]

19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I think Maldonado should go for number 69, not for it's sexual connotation but the fact that it will read the same when he's upside down resting against the armco.... making identification easier.

20. RedFlames

11 and 88 would fit the bill too