1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I am almost at the point, like some of the posts in that link, of just thinking "**** 'em", let these morons break all social distancing, lets see what happens in about 14 days.

Darwinism at work, lets stand back (and well away from them) and just let it happen. The world would be a better place without them.

/rant

(not nice I know but the sheer stupidity, aided, abetted and encouraged by the orange c**t is simply staggering)

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Great, except this would kill a lot more than just the "stupid" ones.

3. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I have to say, I actually applaud your measured response where many would have started a massive gob-off, so fair play to you, bud. I did assume that my post would be pretty inflammatory but things have just gotten my goat at the moment. And I should add that I don't know if you picked up on: a) the sarcasm in the first sentence, or b) the personal experience of the administration and the people in the next part.

Although there is no getting away from the fact that half/over half(?) of the people voted for him and the pictures of the dkheads with guns outweigh the online disagreement from the other side, which is mostly Twitter-based, all of which I am oblivious to without this exact discussion thread (pictures of dkheads with guns worth a thousand Twitter comments, to use a cliche).

But as long as we can respect and debate without descending into abuse then I'm happy to discuss.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, that's the main problem with stupidity: it drags everybody else down with it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Apr 2020
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

It has also just occurred to me that pictures of lots of people standing the required distance apart in an open place (so assume ten-ish in-frame), or pictures of people in their homes (possibly four to eight) behaving peacefully and as requested/publicly accepted, would not carry the same weight as a crowd of clowns in full terror siege invasion gas mask gear with pseudo-military grade weapons gathering on a road, attempting to level-up by clamouring for forceful removal of their democratically-appointed head-of-whatever, so there is some degree of biased media focus. @Gareth Halfacree - is that a viable contender for the longest proper rad English sentence?

I've got to admit, I think I'm "reasonably" positive/aware (but not Walking Dead-level yet, I fkg hope) but yeah, I have my days, man. Mostly after a ****/apocalyptic night's sleep, but yeah. Up and down.

Anyone seen the Vice "Shelter Indoors with Snowden" thing? I thought it was starting, based on Cuomo's statement the other day, but then my mate pointed out that if they'll take up arms over being told they have to stay in, this may not indeed become the "new norm" the state requires. I dunno....

EDIT: typo

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The last time I went outside (about a month ago) I was literally moving away from people. It started making me rather angry.

8. walle

walle Minimodder

Yeah times are a bit an uncertain right now but I'm sure we'll get through just hang in there.
    People are starting to get anxious, fearful and angry all around and should tune out from this nonsense before it pushes them to do something stupid.
    I understand why people follow it though, many out there are drama junkies and need their fix for the day then they sit around and wait for the next installment so they can get their fix again.
    I think that if we can't get back to some normality soon social distancing will be the least of our problems.

9. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Don't be angry, we're all switching sidewalk or adjusting our walking speed or stopping in our tracks. We're adapting to these abnormal times. If you can, smile and say hello to strangers, it will make you feel better.

10. Nexxo

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Got a security warning when I hit up your link, Nexxo...?

12. Nexxo

Last edited: 19 Apr 2020
  13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Probably for the best mate, it makes for grim reading.

14. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Powerful vid there, too.

Ah. Might have a cautious second attempt with that in mind...

15. Vault-Tec

I still think I may have had it in January. If I didn't then I had the strangest "cold" I've ever had. Nothing else has left me with no taste or smell for four days. Which as you can imagine for an Aspie is an incredibly strange sensation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...-sussex-family-may-have-infected-coronavirus/

I know that's East Sussex but the taxi drivers I use are known for their airport runs. Gatwick, mostly. Oh, and dock runs (Southampton).

I could be absolutely miles off, but I guess I will find out if they ever come up with a suitable antibody test. As for "Herd immunity"? I think they had already tried that long before they even told us about it. And it was failing badly.

16. Vault-Tec

17. Nexxo

18. Vault-Tec

There was some grotty old bloke with a hanky, coughing and spluttering who walked within inches of me. I don't think he understood distancing. Do note though, these were those ignoring social distancing and so on. I was only out there because I was waiting for a ride here (to my mother's) and I wasn't happy about it but that's what happens when you live on a one way street.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

20. Vault-Tec