1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division - General

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2016.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'd be interested to know too, as I don't know how you find specific people - I've only ever done random team-ups on story missions.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I'm pretty much done with this game now, fed up of relying on RNG upon RNG to make any progress. I can play for 3-4 hours straight and make zero progress whatsoever, other than getting a couple of crappy HE drops in DZ and (if I'm lucky) a couple of yellow div tech (so not even enough to craft another crappy weapon).

I got to DZ 50 and crafted a few MP5s although none of my rolls were as good as my Vector (got one with deadly and swift and one with fierce, brutal and self preserved, but both rolled terrible base damage only 50 points above minimum). There's a reason everyone is still using the Vector (besides being the king of burst DPS), it's because of the division tech being so broken and the game requiring so much RNG to min/max stuff that it's much easier to craft 50 Vectors than 5 MP5s.

I have already grinded my way to full gold gear but most of them are one or two stats out from being ideal, and after yet more grinding to get more PC to reroll the stats I'm greeted by yet another RNG wall to halt my progress. I've tried 3 times now to roll ammo capacity on my backpack, it's one of only 4 stats available in the slot, but every time I get the same 3 options. That's 160 PC into another RNG black hole. If I've already earned the PC to buy the blueprint and enough mats to craft 20 items using the blueprint and another 30 PC to reroll a stat for the love of god at least give me the stat of my choosing, just make the number random.

Currently the game isn't really worth my time until they come up with a way of making the game less grindy with a more tangible sense of progression. Massive are working hard at fixing loot farming exploits but the reality is people are using them because the prospect of getting gear legitimately is so unappealing right now.

/rant

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They need to be on your Uplay friends list, then when in game they will appear in the UI menu to invite to your session, they will also appear on the minimap as an orange dot where they are in their session and you can join their session from there. You can then free roam around the map (which is always in the hosts instance so whatever they haven't completed will still be available) or enter the DZ as a group.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

^This. Don't know if it would apply to PC, but I know if you're ninja mode on XB1 you still show up on the map for all your friends. So avoiding people and saying "nah not playing tonight" when you are... you'll get found out :p Kind of sucky for a game to out you like that! You also get listed in the friendlist under grouping, you'll show as offline but with a rank. If you weren't playing The Division you'd be rank 1:0.

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

O, I have to ask a silly question - I played til 3am last night and just woke up;)
    How the hell do you throw a grenade?! I ran through the tutorial in game at the beginning, so don't know how to do it now:(

6. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Im using a Control pad, you have to press left on the D-pad, But Holding it selects the the different ones, and then i think holding right or down is for ammo mods ect

Not sure on Keyboard thou sorry

7. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

If on pc, quick press g and then aim and lmb. Holding g brings up the selection menu of granade type and use use the mouse to move around to select which type.

I'm currently in game 14 and dz rank of 16. Might put some time in this weekend.

Nimbu79 is my uplay handle

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

thanks but the thing is when I move mouse around to pick a grenade, its impossible to choose, it jumps around and cannot stop on one option:(
    Is it my mouse?

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well although I am able to play it eventually on the pc, this game is a utter joke for me on the pc.

Click to play the game, met by black screen that will not go away and the game will not close even when killed in the task manager and needs a reboot of the pc, each time.

When it loads, if I make changes to the settings within the game it crashes, when I decide to play for more than 30 minutes it crashes or I just start falling through the floor every where within the map about 40% of the times.

Performance wise it's as bad as Rise Of The Tomb Raider, impossible to get above 30fps to 40fps at 4K maxed out, even at medium it will not hold a steady frame rate above 50fps.

Looked at the performance:

GPU's are at 99% and 75% to 90%, with Vram at 95%

CPU is at 45% to 99% all the time

RAM is at 25% to 40%

Compared to the Xbox One version, honestly if this is the way games are going to be from companies now I have no interest in buying games on the pc anymore, other than the expansions for Elite Dangerous.

This game runs almost flawlessly on the Xbox One and graphically compared to the PC, there is not much difference whilst generally playing but, when you look in to it you can see differences.

There is the issue of falling through the floor every now and then on the Xbox but that is really it that I have noticed.

All in all it's another nail in the coffin for pc gaming for me.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I feel your pain. That's the problem with PC gaming, sometimes games just don't play nice. I notice you have sli, have you tried running it on 1 card? I got rid of my sli setup because of the issues it had; too many games had stuttering and driver problems.

For what it's worth, both Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Division ran great for me on one 980ti, at 60 fps and looked fantastic, albeit I wasn't playing at 4K.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'd not use any ubisoft game as a benchmark with which to doom pc games as a whole.
    It has been a good few years for pc games and the vast majority have been pretty good compared to the many years before.
    You have a decent pc, most games should run pretty darn well.

12. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

It's weird, when I first got it, it was really unstable however over time it appears to have got much better. I found leaving it alone once the game launched Ie no alt tabing etc made it more stable

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Damien take my advice and get rid of 4k. I am in a very similar situation to you (only worse because I only have 4gb HBM) and I have just ordered a 1440p monitor to be delivered on Monday.

4k is the worst mistake I ever made, I really can't wait to drop back to one GPU and actually be able to game. I've got several titles I have bought that I've not even been able to play (Just Cause 3 and others).

What happened is Apple came along and decided to release monitors with stupid resolutions so all of a sudden we are jumping to resolutions that are just not possible for gaming yet. I've noticed that the whole "4k big sell" has gone really quiet now.

It's quite clear to me that AMD just absolutely DO NOT give a crap about Crossfire any more. Need for Speed came out on the 12th March. AMD released a performance driver for NFS on the 17th. However, the Crossfire profile is actually broken. So I waited a couple of days and messaged Roy (head of the AMD driver department) who said he would look into it. Eh? you're head of the driver department why are you looking into it and why do you not know it doesn't work?

Since then? nothing. Another driver did come out (16.3.2) but it fixed nothing. Now? silence. It's now the 3rd of April.

Due to it breaking the game so badly I had no other choice but to start playing it on my wife's rig which runs 1080p. I've done about 15 hours on there, whilst my £3000 dream PC sits gathering dust.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The thing is, my system is easily capable of playing games at 4K as it plays quite alot of games at 4K with no issues, however newer games struggle and it seems that developers are just being lazy and not, optimised properly on the pc.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider ran fine until the first patch, and then it went down the drain. Not even bothered trying Need For Speed since I played it on the Xbox and found it has the same stupid crash system in it, that the last few games have had which ruin them for me.

Gears Of War I am not touching because it is not a pc game, until they allow for Vsync to be turned off, proper full screen support, SLI/Crossfire and all the other stuff that being a Windows Store Exclusive removes.

This game when it works is great but the performance is just shockingly poor, and the crashes/server disconnects that happen on the pc version pretty much kill it, and it's a pc version exclusive set of issues because those issues do not happen on the Xbox version.

I tried to play this last night, and every 5 to 15 minutes me and the people I was playing with were being kicked of the servers, then couldn't connect to even get to the main menu, then the game would just crash out of no where.

I am just glad Elite Dangerous works fine for me, and with my current setup I have no worries about being able to run it on a Vive.

15. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

added you on uplay if thats ok (neocortez2235)

16. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

right i have only played this on my own so far and would like to start teaming up with people either missions or in dark zone (tried it briefly and kept dying) add me if you like anyone neocortez2235 (uplay)

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Do I loose stuff if I get killed in dark zone?

18. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Cool, been out of town on business will probably be putting some play time in over the weekend.

19. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

All you lose if you get killed in the DZ are the items you have collected in there and not yet extracted. You also lose a percentage of your DZ money and XP that you've accrued in there.
    You don't lose any of the stuff that you have gained outside the DZ.

I tried it a few times and have managed to extract 7 items. Most times though Rogues just like to run around killing you for fun.

I've reached level 30 now but my guns are still crap - I never seem to be able to pick up a good one and all the ones for sale are crap too. Without good guns, armour etc you don't last long against players who have gone rogue and are out hunting.

I'm currently trying out the daily missions etc to see if I can get better one's before going back into the DZ.

20. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

That's what I have noticed, even being just on level 12.
    I keep getting this message that my guns are too old/weak for the level I am on. Thing is there is nothing better out, looting, crafting, nothing...
    How should I get better guns? Is there something that I'm doing wrong?