Other The end of The Premiership 2013 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Tynecider, 14 Apr 2013.

1. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Flame. Liverpool are still going to remain mid-table. It's just that we're going to see a dismantling of Manchester United whilst we're at it.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Wonder if Wigan are now finally down, There defeat last night was due to some shambolic defending. If they play like that agaist city and arsenal they could be on the end of some cricket scores.

Chelsea win tonight and the top 4 is sorted as well could be a very boring last week of the season. For Spurs its must win tonight, Lose and its game over for them can not see arsenal not getting 3 points of wigan which will be enough to take them over the line.

Man united have 2 choices really

Jose if they want 3 years of success then he will leave ( guarenteed)
    Moyes if they want a long term solution, Problem with moyes is no european experience.

There is not alot of other options out there who would be accepted ( Benitez could be another option), Personally feel this anouncement is too little too late as they could of got pep if this was done earlier.

Theres 3 Big club jobs now available really, Real Madrid ( assuming jose does not stay) Man united and Chelsea. PSG job could also be available.

Could be a fun summer merry go round.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Thats rich coming from a Spurs fan who have never been anything else but mid table:D

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As a Man Utd fan i can see it going one of 2 ways -

They already have a replacement lined up and after a brief hiccup business as usual

or

They'll fall apart as a team and it'll take a few years before they right themselves...

Hoping for the former... expecting the latter...

As for who... I think [hope] it'll be a promotion from within... Mourinho or the Fat Spainish Waiter whilst they may do well in the short term, are just wrong for Utd... And the last thing I want to see is the manager-go-round that you get at other clubs, where p45s are handed out at the first signs of trouble...

Ultimately I wouldn't be all that surprised to see someone like Solskjaer at the helm, maybe not right away, but at some point in the near future...

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

David Moyes, then. Hmmm.

Well, he does share SAF's habit of defying the premier league sack-fest. It's probably a safe appointment, if not an inspiring one.

Definitely a decision made with one eye on the share price.

I'm not knocking Moyes, he's a good manager. I was hoping for something more, I suppose; although I have no idea what. Certainly not Mourinho though - annoying little turd.

7. RedFlames

The prospect of Moyes as manger isn't filling me with confidence tbh... still... anyone but Benitez... or Allardyce...

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Giggs - he may not have the experience but im sure he has the know how - and Man U is his home. He is exceptionally well respected and has learnt everything from the academy of Ferguson. He would be an ace successor.

It does look like Moyes though.

9. David

I fully expect to see Giggs or Scholes take up a role in the coaching staff, but not the big job.

I'm far more concerned about the rumours that Dean Saunders might end up back at Doncaster Rovers, after he abandoned us to chase some money at Wolves and got them relegated.

10. RedFlames

If does go to a former player my prediction is still Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

11. Blazza181

Erk. Hoping le arse drop points. COME ON WIGAN AND BARCODES!

12. David

Apparently, he is happy managing Molde. He does know the backroom stuff at United better than most though, and he'd be a very popular choice with the fans I'll wager.

13. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Well done Alex F, Not a bad run at all, Enjoy your horses!

Steve McLaren !!!

14. David

This gave me a chuckle...

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Brilliant. :D

Just had a loot at the stats, Fergie will be retiring on exactly 1500 games. Dayum.

16. Blazza181

So, Rooney wants out, huh? Question is, who's tugging at him to get him to leave?

17. David

Might simply be that he's been put in the shade by van Persie.

Rooney 37 games, 16 goals
    van Persie 46 games, 29 goals

YEHBABY likes this.
  18. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Or maybe he just wants another pay rise... ;)

19. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

ROFLCOPTER!

20. rollo

rollo Modder

Moyes for me has 0 european experience and it would of been a big agaist him if i was choosing a boss. 6 year contract is also utter madness. If they finish outside of the top 4 and dont get out of the group stage next year then he would surely be sacked on the spot.

Can Moyes get the big name players to join his club like a Jose could for example.

Jose + ronaldo or Moyes + Baines and Fellaini niether is proven world class despite what people in the uk might think about him whilst ronaldo is the worlds second best player.

For me Jose was 3 years more of success with maybe giggs or scholes been groomed under him to take over from there. Moyes is a huge risk and it could all go wrong so fast. He is also not the fans choice reading football forums. Hope they get behind him but you never know in football. ( not a man u fan )